• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Eden (PS3) - PlayStation Move and stereoscopic 3D support confirmed

MadFuzzy

From Eurogamer:

The PlayStation 3 version of Tetsuya Mizuguchi's Child of Eden launches on 30th September, Ubisoft has announced.

It supports the PlayStation Move controller and full stereoscopic 3D visuals. A new trailer, below, has been released.

Most online shops are selling it for £15.

"The PlayStation Move captures a full range of motion giving you ultimate control over how you play the game," Ubisoft said. "There are other added bonuses, like the ability to hook up multiple controllers for added sensory effects."

Theonik

Pre-ordered and even getting a T-shirt
Definitive version right there. And I already have it for 360.

3D has me even more hyped now. Day 1!!!!!

There was a slight and unbelivable rumor of a voucher for Rez HD PSN with it, but guess that's not happening.

Q Ent. stated they didn't have time for that because of being tied up with CoE, but now that CoE is "done" for PS3 and ready to ship in a few weeks, what is on their plate?

otmane

Looks really shallow with Move from Mizugushi's demo :( But I'm such a sucker for 3D games that I have to buy this version!
Kinect +3D would have been the definitive experience IMO.

otmane said:
Looks really shallow with Move from Mizugushi's demo :(

Are you sure about Move being inferior? I'm hearing mixed things but believing the ones that are saying it'll be a little more accurate with Move...you're going to need it to get high/perfect rankings, the game is tough I hear in that respect.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
"The PlayStation Move captures a full range of motion giving you ultimate control over how you play the game," Ubisoft said. "There are other added bonuses, like the ability to hook up multiple controllers for added sensory effects."

So glasses on, move in hand, Dual Shock down pants?

Kyon

Banned
Can't wait! My Move is ready.

otmane said:
I'm just judging from this video: Child of Eden PS3 announcement trailer
I don't know if I'm alone on that but the kinect demos I've seen seemed much more dynamic!
I may be pleasantly surprised in the end...
01laugh.gif
not really

JoeTheBlow said:
I hope Mizuguchi sneaks his amazing Genki Rockets make.believe 3D video on the disc as an unlockable somewhere. Its a Sony-funded video, on a Sony console, promoting 3D tech, i don't see why not. Do it man!

I'd love to see that in all its 3D glory.
And god, Rachel/Lumi is gorgeous.

Now that I think of it...they could have (or could later on) put Rez HD to PSN with 3D support and uncompressed audio.
Unless SEGA still owns it totally and it's up to them and then wouldn't happen.

V_Ben

Banned
jetsetfluken said:
Now that I think of it...they could have (or could later on) put Rez HD to PSN with 3D support and uncompressed audio.
Unless SEGA still owns it totally and it's up to them and then wouldn't happen.

I'm pretty sure SEGA own Rez :/

But hey... now that they're done with the PS3 version of CoE, they can get started on Rez H3D. Or something.

FreeMufasa

Why the fuck do we have to wait so long? Probably my most hyped game this year. And I haven't seen one gameplay video/trailer.

M.D

Dead Man Typing said:
Makes me want to spend a lot of money on a 3D TV.... then I remember I don't see 3D very well :(

I don't know for sure, but I think I have a problem seeing 3D as well

I tried to watch 3D on a couple of different TV's at stores and never seem to get anything

The picture itself just looks less clear to me and I hardly see any depth or something coming out of the screen

The game will bomb and be in the bargain bin within a matter of weeks. Not putting it on PSN and releasing in late September when the big games are hitting the shelves seems like business seppuku.

Kenshin001 said:
The game will bomb and be in the bargain bin within a matter of weeks. Not putting it on PSN and releasing in late September when the big games are hitting the shelves seems like business seppuku.
Hell, it was the same with the 360 version in June.
Lack of promotion is another key issue.

V_Ben said:
I'm pretty sure SEGA own Rez :/

But hey... now that they're done with the PS3 version of CoE, they can get started on Rez H3D. Or something.

SEGA seems to be running out of things to port and wants the lowest effort possible as seen by the PC ports of Crazy Taxi/Sonic Adventure etc then branding them as "Dreamcast" classics on XBLA/PSN, and the porting of XBLA Genesis/MD games to PSN every month.
Rez HD PSN is easy money for them. Q Ent. could even work some 3D in. But if not I'd still take it.

Massa

MikeE21286 said:
What's the US MSRP for this? Please don't say $59.99

It's $50, but you can get for half if you're willing to import from the UK or (I bet) wait about a month after release in the US.

Atolm

Pre-ordered it months ago along with Dark Souls, maybe the only games I'm interested in for this season.

Top Bottom