• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Eden (PS3) - PlayStation Move and stereoscopic 3D support confirmed

jiggles

Banned
Glad to see it doesn't look to be using pointer controls.

I hope it lets me use two Moves to control rather than just for "extra sensory effects". I want the intended control scheme.

Jintor

I'll wait for a verdict on the Move controllers before picking it up, but this is a pleasant surprise for someone planning to buy a PS3 and who can scrounge a Move controller cheaply soon

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Interesting they retained the Kinect controls even in menu navigation. Notice how he waits after having highlighted the menu item to the right rather than press a button to actually make a selection.

I assume fire mode switching is on the main Move button, or the Trigger, or both (or any button actually).

Looks pretty good anyways. Hopefully there is an option to adjust sphere position tracking sensitivity like in Auditorium HD.

jigglywiggly said:
Glad to see it doesn't look to be using pointer controls.

I hope it lets me use two Moves to control rather than just for "extra sensory effects". I want the intended control scheme.

What do you mean with "intended control scheme"? The only extra thing you could do with two Moves is clapping (bringing the gems close to each other, actually) for firing mode switching. Not a bid deal to do that with a button.

Everything else seems to be working just like with the Kinect.

gokieks

Both were all but confirmed by Mizuguchi and Mielke, but still nice to have official confirmation.

Ubisoft trying to sell it for $50 in NA is crazy though. I'll still pick it up, but since I neither have a 3D TV nor a Move yet, and already bought the 360 version, might not be day 1.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Looks good, Move is probably going to be perfect for this game, best of both control systems,precision and free moving around.

Made some edits to the JP boxart, now if only we had a full-size scan or image so we could print them out and slip them into the case.

1) No Ubisoft/PS Move logo:
coejpps3-edit1acit.jpg

2) No girl, Ubisoft, or PS Move logo:
coejpps3-edit3sciz.png

3) Girl replaced with Rez "hero", Ubisoft/PS Move logo removed:
coejpps3-edit2pdvh.png

4) CoE logo turned into "Rez 2", girl replaced with Rez "hero", Ubisoft/PS Move logo removed:
coejpps3-edit46cpx.png

Theonik

LordPhoque said:
And why is that ?
That I have move and not Kinect :lol (and move should be better than kinect in this case not to mention that the game itself starts cheaper in Europe, got it for 15 pounds + T-shirt)
And the probability of better audio.

Played the 360 version and could not handle the Kinect lag. Excited for this release so I can actually play it with solid motion controls.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This and UC3 really make me want to pick up some cheap 3D TV that's still half decent. What's the cheapest possible option that's still half decent?

StuBurns said:
Move has lag? I didn't know that.
Everything has lag. It's pretty minimal with move with games that are coded well. It also depends on what kind of processing is enabled on TV etc.

Square Triangle said:
Played the 360 version and could not handle the Kinect lag. Excited for this release so I can actually play it with solid motion controls.

What Kinect lag? It was almost unanimously thought across reviewers that Kinect CoE was the way to go if you wanted to enjoy the game to the fullest.

Takao

Banned
jetsetfluken said:
Q Ent. stated they didn't have time for that because of being tied up with CoE, but now that CoE is "done" for PS3 and ready to ship in a few weeks, what is on their plate?

psp-vita.png

;)

I know nothing you wouldn't.

mik

mik is unbeatable
The lack of 3D was the only disappointment for me in the 360 version. Double-dipping—like a bawss.

StuBurns

Banned
Lord Error said:
Everything has lag. It's pretty minimal with move with games that are coded well. It also depends on what kind of processing is enabled on TV etc.
Well sure, everything has lag, but I can see it, that seems like it must be pretty significant.

I've used Move, but I don't own one, so I don't know if it's actually an issue when playing ever.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
StuBurns said:
Well sure, everything has lag, but I can see it, that seems like it must be pretty significant.

I've used Move, but I don't own one, so I don't know if it's actually an issue when playing ever.

Was it an issue when you used it?

StuBurns

Banned
TTP said:
Was it an issue when you used it?
I can't remember, but I was playing that LBP thing, there wasn't anything demanding going on. That's not to say there is with this either, the Kinect is very clearly laggy, and people have played thru it with that.

ACESmkII

Loved Rez, will definitely pick this up and I'm glad the PS3 version supports 3D.

I Dont own a move though. Is it still fun with standard controls?

Oppo

I have waited patiently and I will soon be rewarded.

My wands are rea... oh actually they need charging

Oppo

StuBurns said:

I think there are implementations that seem lag more than others, but the SC table tennis sort of puts to rest the idea that it's hardware-related. That shit is super fast.

LiK

ACESmkII said:
Loved Rez, will definitely pick this up and I'm glad the PS3 version supports 3D.

I Dont own a move though. Is it still fun with standard controls?
Yes, still fun

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
patsu said:
Muahaha, nice ! Another 3D title, and a pre-Sorcery game to see how far Move has advanced.

The game you are looking for to "judge" Move progress is probably Medieval Moves ("second gen" Move game by Sports Champions devs), not Child of Eden for sure.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Lord Error said:
So what's the release date in US?

Amazon says September 1st.
IGN says September 20th

Neither

Sept 27th

Same day as ICO + Shadow of the Collossus Collection

Sent to die baby

StuBurns

Banned
Wario64 said:
Neither

Sept 27th

Same day as ICO + Shadow of the Collossus Collection

Sent to die baby
It's a really fucking bad move. The Rez art loving kids are almost certainly Ico whores too.

Torgo

This is one of the first games that I am truly hyped for in terms of 3D support (you should see Uncharted 3 in 3D as well.) I'm a huge fan of Rez, and I've seen this game a few times now.

With Move controls AND 3D now, this just moved way up my list for must-have's.

Magnus

Calling this one the definitive version seems debatable to me (first of all, because no one here's tried it with Move yet).

(I say this all as an owner of Kinect, Move and the 360 version of Child of Eden.)

I can't describe to anyone who hasn't played it the sheer joy and sensation of playing this with your hands and arms, controller-less. I think if people are primarily concerned with being able to get a higher score and greater precision with their DS3 or Move controller, they're really missing the point of this game. It's such an audio-visual experience first, and a high-score shooter second. A genuine blast to immerse your body in if you have the luxury of a Kinect.

All that said....this game in 3D must be relatively nuts and amazing.

distrbnce

Banned
Woo, I didn't think Move support would happen... kinda a too-good-to-be-true thing like it being in Portal 2. Glad it is though!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Magnus said:
Calling this one the definitive version seems debatable to me (first of all, because no one here's tried it with Move yet).

(I say this all as an owner of Kinect, Move and the 360 version of Child of Eden.)

I can't describe to anyone who hasn't played it the sheer joy and sensation of playing this with your hands and arms, controller-less. I think if people are primarily concerned with being able to get a higher score and greater precision with their DS3 or Move controller, they're really missing the point of this game. It's such an audio-visual experience first, and a high-score shooter second. A genuine blast to immerse your body in if you have the luxury of a Kinect.

All that said....this game in 3D must be relatively nuts and amazing.
Well, with Move you're still play it by moving your hand around in a similar way except you hold something in your hand (that, if a game is immersive enough, you pretty much forget about anyway)

I'm disappointed they didn't program the PlayStation Move orb to flash in time to the music. Seems like a missed opportunity. That feature is so under-utilsed. Real "disco-stick" potential here.

I'm not convinced by the Move support yet either to be honest. It kinda looks like they just "ported" the Kinect version, rather than developing to the strengths of the platform. It looks a bit "stiff".

Top Bottom