• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Eden (PS3) - PlayStation Move and stereoscopic 3D support confirmed

Jsunu

Banned
get2sammyb said:
I'm disappointed they didn't program the PlayStation Move orb to flash in time to the music. Seems like a missed opportunity. That feature is so under-utilsed. Real "disco-stick" potential here.

I'm not convinced by the Move support yet either to be honest. It kinda looks like they just "ported" the Kinect version, rather than developing to the strengths of the platform. It looks a bit "stiff".

Well the whole point of the coloured orb is to provide tracking data for the pseye. If it were to flash on/off it would cause problems with the tracking.

Koralsky

It's 18 euro in zavvi - day one!!!

Hope this game sells well enough on PS3, so later, we can have Rez HD on PSN in 3D and uncompressed sound.

Theonik

Jsunu said:
Well the whole point of the coloured orb is to provide tracking data for the pseye. If it were to flash on/off it would cause problems with the tracking.
Changing colour wouldn't be that huge a bother though. Also the lack of a dual move mode to our knowledge seems like a missed opportunity.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Crewnh said:
Mizuguchi has pretty good English.

Yeah, I don't think I've seen any other native Japanese developers with better English than him.

FreeMufasa

Don't all late PS3 ports have to have some exclusive content? I wonder if 3D and Move supports counts. Heres hoping they don't and we get a little extra.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
get2sammyb said:
I'm disappointed they didn't program the PlayStation Move orb to flash in time to the music. Seems like a missed opportunity. That feature is so under-utilsed. Real "disco-stick" potential here.

I'm not convinced by the Move support yet either to be honest. It kinda looks like they just "ported" the Kinect version, rather than developing to the strengths of the platform. It looks a bit "stiff".

Well, it actually plays to the strength of Move because it makes use of its 3D tracking capabilities. They could have not bothered with it and just do pointer controls a la Time Crisis / Wii stuff. That would have been not playing to the strengths of the Move.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jsunu said:

There are games that have the gem changing colors mid-game multiple times and those play fine. Funky Lab Rat does that quite a lot, during interactions heavily based on sphere tracking no less (objects manipulation).

That said, I'm not sure how the Move would deal with high frequency color swaps and flashes this game would require tho.

Theonik said:
Also the lack of a dual move mode to our knowledge seems like a missed opportunity.

Are there instances in the Kinect version where you are required to hold both hands up at the screen? Like for moving two cursors simultaneously? I guess not, so I'm not sure what's the missed opportunity here. You can still play with either hands in the PS3 version by simply moving the Move in the hand you want no?

Of course there are always going to be a lot of missed opportunities to bitch about in hybrid games. :)

patsu

TTP, are you going to do a detailed review for the game ? ^_^

In fact, are you able to pry Sony's hands to see if they can let you do a preview of Sorcery ? sort of a progress update.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Inferior box art confirmed. Also, dat image crop.

519eMSoDZ7L.jpg
5109BtpAZPL.jpg

Wonder if the reversible is the same.

Alx

Wario64 said:
Inferior box art confirmed. Also, dat image crop.

Are you sure it's the real box art ? How could they say "only on Playstation" when obviously it's not ?

Synless

I've seen the UK version is super cheap to preorder compared to the US version. What is the cheapest place to get the game from?

CozMick

Banned
StuBurns said:
Why is it still a dude playing with Kinect? Pretty lazy not to give the PS3 audience a real box art.

But hes reaching into the screen showcasing the PS3 exclusive 3D.....

*tumbleweed*

i didn't like this game at all on 360, and i think the only thing move would add to it is making it much easier (which wasn't the reason i didn't like it). i wish it clicked with me, but it just didn't! not a patch on rez.

Katzii

I picked this up for £2 the other week. Still not gotten around to giving it a go, but didn't see how I could pass it up for that price. I don't have a Move as of yet (since I have no other Move games, and I'm not even sure I'll keep this), but I hope that won't hinder the "experience".

Top Bottom