• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chilling documentary shows trainer telling cops that killing leads to better sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
giphy.gif

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the police lately.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I just want to point out that Dave Grossman was one of the highest profile figures in the crusade against violent video games.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Does he mean the act of killing is an aphrodisiac or that the adrenaline rush of a near death experience makes sex better?

entremet

Completely irrelevant to policing, you know, your own citizens that you are sworn to protect and serve.
The cop's comments are completely irrevelant.

I'm just saying I've heard this ridiculous and vile stuff. But from accounts of the darkest of human experience--warfare.

To have a cop bring this up in training so nonchalantly really tells you something of warped minds on the force.

He's saying killing someone is a literal turn on.

I respectfully suggest these people should not be cops.

And also get an immediate psych evaluation.

Because I'm pretty sure killing someone, even if it was justified, would be pretty traumatizing to someone with a clear state of mind

ramparter

Banned
Any activity is going to be more fun after your body releases endorphins from a strenuous activity like that. But that just seems like a weird thing to say out loud.
What about feeling depressed after killing someone thought. I wouldnt even think about having sex for days...

atr0cious

Reading the article puts it into horrifying context. The dude is telling rookie cops to use lethal force more.
Grossman’s classes teach officers to be less hesitant to use lethal force, urge them to be willing to do it more quickly and teach them how to adopt the mentality of a warrior...

Grossman closes the class with a (literal) chest-pounding motivational speech that climaxes with Grossman telling the officers to find an overpass overlooking the city they serve. He urges them to look down on their city and know that they’ve made the world a better place. He then urges them to grip the overpass railing, lean forward and “let your cape blow in the wind.” The room gives him a standing ovation.

Fucking terrifying. It's like that Schumer skit about football rapists.

Because I'm pretty sure killing someone, even if it was justified, would be pretty traumatizing to someone with a clear state of mind

For real. I've volunteered to do mental health debriefings with officers involved in violent incidents and after something like that, having fun in the sack is the last thing on the mind of any well-adjusted person and their significant other.

Either it's bravado unbecoming a civil servant mandated to use lethal force or it's a serious psychological liability.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
is this like those closeted anti-gay pastors/politicians

Seriously, you can look up on YouTube and see all sorts of videos of him talking to the media about the dangers of video games.

And here he is saying.... after you kill somebody.... you gonna fuck real good.

VanWinkle

That is honestly terrifying. This guy needs to be fired immediately. A cop should never have a mentality like that.

Idk why the cop thought it was a good idea to ever voice those thoughts. So now he looks like an idiot who thinks with his littler guy when dealing with an intense life-or-death situation.

He should have kept this to himself. It's inappropriate.

Not a whole lot of perks? Besides being basically immune to serious prosecution and traffic violations, an excellent pension, and the undying respect of millions of Americans.

But at least you can bust a strong nut after shooting someone in the face.

Idk why the cop thought it was a good idea to ever voice those thoughts. So now he looks like an idiot who thinks with his littler guy when dealing with an intense life-or-death situation.

He should have kept this to himself. It's inappropriate.

Mind you he is paid to say these things to cops in training, this is his job, his living. He teaches this every time he lectures. The film this article is about is now at the top of my list of films to see by the end of the year, his eyes and mannerisms are those of a man unhinged by his own bloodthirst.

I would like to assume he means the adrenaline rush makes the sex amazing, kind of like fucking after a workout or like a near death experience.

Unfortunately he just sounds fucking insane.

Does he mean the act of killing is an aphrodisiac or that the adrenaline rush of a near death experience makes sex better?

I think I've heard the latter before. Not sure where I've heard it, maybe Bones.

The extra messed up part is acting like it's a perk.
I can imagine a cop being in the latter situation (near death adrenaline rush), but acting like it's part of the reason you go to a job (to kill people) is really messed up.
This guy needs to be evaluated.

CTLance

Yikes.

I think, on top of that it might be prudent to review the cases that he was involved in that resulted in people getting hurt or killed.

GamerJM

Banned
Uh

Even disregarding the grossness of the statement I still don't really understand what would provoke someone to say this to a class.

You know this is how he jokes around with all his cop buddies. Then they go out getting all sexually excited at the thought of getting to kill someone.

Uh

Even disregarding the grossness of the statement I still don't really understand what would provoke someone to say this to a class.

Grossman is a consultant paid by police departments that trains their forces to treat the citizens they police like an active warzone, and react to anything as a threat to their own life (IT'S COMIN RIGHT FOR US) and be ready to kill at any time.

Mind you he is paid to say these things to cops in training, this is his job, his living. He teaches this every time he lectures. The film this article is about is now at the top of my list of films to see by the end of the year, his eyes and mannerisms are those of a man unhinged by his own bloodthirst.

Except there's a difference between teaching/talking about the realities of policing vs. talking about a specific sexual experience arising after a life-death situation. Not to mention, he's essentially trivializing and reducing how one would process killing another human being to thinking about sex. Not exactly an ideal way to discuss a dense topic like this.

duckroll

The article is much more profound and important than the thread title or the specific quote suggests. I feel it is my duty to fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom