• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chipz Warz: Potato v. Tortilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgtl_10

Which type of chip do you like better?

For me it's tough because both are so good! I think I'll take tortilla because I like Doritos. Potato chips got some good stuff like Zapps, Lays sour cream and onion, and Ruffles sour cream and cheddar but Doritos is king for me.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I hardly call Doritos tortilla chips. Thought this would be about plain v plain

Anyways. Love Juanitos and love good sea salt and vinegar. Win fucking win.

kris.

Banned
sour cream & cheddar ruffles are top-tier chips

i also have a huge thing for chipotle's chips. something about them. so good

as far as which is btter, potato always trumps tortilla

maxcriden

Fresh tortilla chips I like better than actual fresh potato chips. I have to go them the win here. Fresh kettle chips with Parmesan or with bacon and blue cheese are really good, though.

P.S. Doritos and any fake flavor laden chip tastes terrible to me since I stopped eating them regularly. they also are a huge migraine trigger for me. Wondering if others have had either or both similar experience.

If we're talking plain potato chips, then tortilla chips takes it.

If we're including flavors, BBQ or sour cream & onion potato chips >>>>>> tortilla chips.

If we're allowed to count nachos, tortilla chips >>>>>>> any kind of potato chip.

Both are inferior to the Pretzel. The true king of crispy snacks.

Pretzels are only good when eaten with beer.

daveo42

Banned
Boulder Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar >>>>>>>>>>> all other chips
UTZ is pretty tasty tho.

Tortilla chips need salsa or guac or hummus or some other sort of spread unless they are sprinkled with lime salt.

johnsmith

remember me
You can't make super nachos with potato chips.

o.jpg

Oppo

friend brought over wanton nachos for game night the other day and we all declared them superior.

I've never liked potato chips all that much. Just taste greasy to me. Even the homemade ones. If I have to, I'll eat Pringles but I prefer some kind of corn-chip whenever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom