• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book (DS) Impressions Thread (WTF duckroll has a DS?!)

duckroll

Llyranor said:
How many cards are there in total, and how diverse are they (as opposed to just small variants of each other)?

There are 122 cards in total. They're split into 5 different color types (like Magic, except its 4 colors and colorless), and each color category has several characters. For each character there are different cards representing different skills and attacks. Everything is pretty varied and it's definitely not something tacked on.

Llyranor

How much viability do you think the online would have based on the cardgame alone, then? It sounds appealing enough, in any case.

duckroll

Since half the internet in Asia is all down thanks to that stupid earthquake in Taiwan, I actually finished this. Almost 10 hours, and I'm missing a bunch of stuff. I'll probably continue playing until I have at least found all the minigames and rescued all my fellow Chocobos. The game is definitely of good value and packed with content. It's fun and cute, filled with FF references and enjoyable by kids and adults alike. :D

jesusraz

For anyone still interested, I did a full review of the game here :)

The game itself is a hodge-podge of styles with a story wrapping it all together nicely. Yet rather than feeling like a half-baked, overly disjointed affair, Square Enix has pieced everything together so delicately and refined the whole gameplay style so perfectly that you can hardly lay fault at its feet.

jesusraz

Yeah, from some of the feedback I received about it I think people are very surprised by the fact it's not just good, but very good! If the talk of it coming to the US later this year are true, then I'll at least be a happy-chappy :)

The music is such a highlight for me - as sad as it might sound, I like hooking my DS up to my main speakers and then sitting listening to some of my favourite tracks! :D

Top Bottom