• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Brown ft Rihanna - Turn Up The Music(Remix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amagon

Any sympathy I had for this chick, (which I really don't care for here or her music tbh) has gone out the window. I know she kept it on the down low when the beating happen but if when she gets her ass beaten again by douchebag (which I really do hope not), I will give two fucks on that day.

One part of me is totally disgusted that Rihanna would choose to work with Chris Brown at all, but she's the survivor of abuse, and her choices and agency must be respected. If it's what she wants, then okay, but damn, it's hard to stomach it.

Eh. One doesn't have to respect someone who helps to legitimize an unrepentant abusive piece of shit.

Ah, true. You still like wingstop, though.

I actually don't like it, I just felt like mentioning it.

Odinson

Why do you people care what Rihanna or Chris Brown do? They made remixes together it's not like they're back together. Chris is still on probation and has completed most of his community service, receiving nothing but high marks from the judge. People make mistakes and people learn and grow from them. Obviously they've moved on maybe the rest of the world should too....

tumblr_lyu0hr4AOp1r9pa29o8_r1_500.gif

btw I like both remixes!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why do you people care what Rihanna or Chris Brown do? They made remixes together it's not like they're back together. Chris is still on probation and has completed most of his community service, receiving nothing but high marks from the judge. People make mistakes and people learn and grow from them. Obviously they've moved on maybe the rest of the world should too....

[IMsG]http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyu0hr4AOp1r9pa29o8_r1_500.gif[/IMG]

btw I like both remixes!

because
dy4q5.jpg

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Maybe she got over it.

It's easy for us to imagine that the incident is still a big deal in both of their lives because the beating is the most salient aspect of their relationship as far as the public is concerned. They, on the other hand, have lived their lives for several years and the emotions have almost certainly faded. It could also be the money of course, but it doesn't have to be.

No one should be all that surprised, and maybe it's not as big a deal as people are making it out to be.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Eh. One doesn't have to respect someone who helps to legitimize an unrepentant abusive piece of shit.
As the survivor of abuse it's totally up to Rihanna to respond and act as she sees appropriate.

Chris Brown has shown pretty much ZERO accountability, though, and Rihanna working with him pisses me off. But it's her choice, and shit talking her for it is just more victim demonization.

Also, I haven't followed this story really at all, so I don't know the full details. Just when the abuse became public last year (?) and now this.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm not gonna defend Chris Brown, I'm not, but I'm in love with the #CAKE remix. It's clear that Rihanna has moved on, and I definitely don't think that it's wise that they work together in any capacity given the history, but that is ultimately Rihanna's decision. Having seen people go through this irl, you can't make decisions or judge the victim if they decide to have a dialog with the person again. It's the victims decision, and if they get hurt again, it's on them.

Anyway, back to listening to #CAKE

Verelios

Man, they must have slugged through this. I don't know how I feel about them getting back together, but that's a hard hit for anyone to take.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
#Rilapse2012 - I'm calling it.

Wow, she's literally so dumb for doing that, smh.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
As the survivor of abuse it's totally up to Rihanna to respond and act as she sees appropriate.

Chris Brown has shown pretty much ZERO accountability, though, and Rihanna working with him pisses me off. But it's her choice, and shit talking her for it is just more victim demonization.

Also, I haven't followed this story really at all, so I don't know the full details. Just when the abuse became public last year (?) and now this.

No it's not. Fuck her. This situation is MUCH bigger than her, as I'm sure there are thousands of young women who look up to her unfortunately.

Zabka

I had the pleasure of working from home today and watching the assholes on the View make excuses for Chris Brown was sad. Saying he "paid his debt to society" is ridiculous. The guy did zero jail time and got a healthy dose of rich people justice.

Plus they claimed we don't know what really happened (we do) and that he's been apologizing constantly since it happened (he hasn't).

She's a victim who has had the support of so many people throughout that whole ordeal and decides to help legitimize the career of the man who assaulted her. It's a slap in the face to many people. My sympathy for victims only extends so far when they're a public figure and could actually take a stand against domestic violence and shun those who would keep douchebags like Chris Brown working. What does she do instead? Helps his career. I and others can be as critical as we fucking please.

Davidion

I hate to say it but the tracks aren't half bad compared to a lot of what's on the radio. Productions are a bit stale but full, particularly the cake remix.

This feels like a loss from a cultural perspective though. This is going to ever-so-subtlely shove relationship abuse towards legitimacy for certain groups of people.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Turn up the music is going to be fucking massive and all over the bars. They're both idiots, but I could give two shits what they do in their personal lives and the fact people here are getting so angry is laughable.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Here's the police report again for those who don't know what the fuss is about.

---

Christopher Brown and Robyn F. have been involved in a dating relationship for approximately one and a half years. on Sunday February 8, 2009 at 0025 hours, Brown was driving a vehicle with Robyn F. as the front passenger on an unknown street in Los Angeles. Robyn F. picked up Brown's cellular telephone and observed a three page text message from a woman who Brown had a previous sexual relationship with.

A verbal argument ensured and Brown pulled the vehicle over on an unknown street, reached over Robyn F. with his right hand, opened the car door and attempted to force her out. Brown was unable to force Robyn F. out of the vehicle because she was wearing a seat belt. When he could not force her to exit, he took his right hand and shoved her head against the passenger window of the vehicle causing an approximate one inch raised circular contusion.

Robyn F. Turned to face Brown and he punched her in the face with his right hand while steering the vehicle with his left hand. The assault caused Robyn F's. mouth to fill with blood and blood to splatter all over her clothing and the interior of the vehicle. brown looked at Robyn F. and stated "I'm going to beat the shit out of you when we get home! You wait and see!"

Robyn F. picked up her cellular telephone and called her personal assistant, Jennifer ---------- at (818)--- ---. ----- did not answer the telephone, but while her voicemail greeting was playing, Robyn F. pretended to talk to her and stated "I'm on my way home. Make sure the cops are there when I get there." (This statement was made while the greeting was playing and was not captured as a message). After Robyn F. faked the call, Brown looked at her and stated, "You just did the stupidest thing ever! Now I'm really going to kill you!"

Brown resumed punching Robyn F. and she interlocked her fingers behind her head and brought her elbows forward to protect her face. She then bent over at the waist, placing her elbows and face near her lap in attempt to protect her face and head from the barrage of punches being levied upon her by Brown. Brown continued to punch Robyn F. on her left arm and hand causing her to suffer a contusion of her left triceps that was approximately two inches in diameter and numerous contusions on her left hand. Robyn F. then attempted to send a text message to her other personal assistant, Melissa -----. Brown snatched the cellular telephone out of her hand and threw it out the window onto an unknown street.

Brown continued driving and Robyn F. observed his cellular telephone sitting in his lap. She picked up the cellular telephone with her left hand and before she could make a call he placed her in a head lock with his right hand and continued to drive the vehicle with his left hand. Brown pulled Robyn F. close to him and bit her on her left ear. She was able to feel the vehicle swerving from right to left as Brown sped away. He stopped the vehicle in front of ----------- and Robyn F. turned off the car, removed the key from the ignition and sat on it.

Brown did not know what she had done with the key and began punching her in the face and arms. He then placed her in a head lock positioning the front of her throat between his bicep and forearm. Brown began applying pressure to Robyn F's. left and right carotid arteries causing her to be unable to breathe and she began to lose consciousness. She reached up with her left hand and began attempting to gouge his eyes in an attempt to free herself. Brown bit her left ring and middle fingers and then released her. While Brown continued to punch her, she turned around a[and] placed her back against the passenger door. She brought her knees to her chest, placed her feet against Brown's body and began pushing him away.

Brown continued to punch her on the legs and feet causing several contusions. Robyn F. began screaming for help and Brown exited the vehicle and walked away. A resident in the neighborhood heard Robyn F's. please for help and called 911, causing a police response. An investigation was conducted and Robyn F. was issued a Domestic Violence Emergency Protective Order (EPO).

Your affiant conducted an interview with Melissa ----- who advised that on February 8, 2009 at approximately 0055, she revived a telephone call from Robyn F. from an unknown telephone number, later identified as the cellular telephone of Police Officer III Chavez, Serial No.-----. Robyn F. advised ---- that she had been assaulted by Brown. At approximately 0100 hours, Brown called ---- as if nothing had happened. ---- advised Brown that she had already talked to Robyn F. and was aware of what happened. --- advised Brown that the neighbors had called the police and that they were with Robyn F. Brown asked --- if Robyn F. had provided the police with his name and --- advised him that she had. Brown hung up the cellular telephone and did not call back."

Wow, that's fucking crazy. I can't believe people can actually make fun of the situation. Reading that, it's much terrible than most of the reaction to the incident by the media and the Internet would lead you to believe.

Turn up the music is going to be fucking massive and all over the bars. They're both idiots, but I could give two shits what they do in their personal lives and the fact people here are getting so angry is laughable.

I'm going to get kind of mad about a guy who beat the shit out of his girlfriend still being popular and relevant in music instead of shunned. Deal with it.

braves01

Banned
Not that unexpected to me, especially since the guy in the "We found love in a hopeless place" video looks like a ringer for Chris Brown, dyed hair and all.

Kyon

Banned
YASSSSSS my faves went IN! The haters stay hatin but y'all still buying that shit. Stay mad. The Billboard Charts are gonna implode on your faves LAWD. I love you Chris :""""""""") I love the forehead too :"""""""")

YASSSSSS my faves went IN! The haters stay hatin but y'all still buying that shit. Stay mad. The Billboard Charts are gonna implode on your faves LAWD. I love you Chris :""""""""") I love the forehead too :"""""""")

The fuck is wrong with you?

i agree with you

if all the greatest female singers living today just dropped dead, she'd be a shoe-in for best female artist of the modern era

All she needs to do is kill Kelly Clarkson

what the fuck is wrong you

Leeness

I don't know how to feel about this.

On one hand, shame on Rihanna for not using this to speak out against domestic abuse and showing it's totally ~fine~ to just go back. It's frustrating to see. And shame on everyone giving this unrepentant douchebag a continuing career. Chris Brown can crawl back under the rock he slithered out from.

On the other hand, I also feel sorry for Rihanna. I know it's hard to know how she feels, but there's probably something wrong if she thinks it's totally cool to go back to him. Self esteem issues and such. She probably should get some counseling. :/

Oop @ you. Embarrassed for you right now.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
IEkVz.gif

htBhE.gif

I don't know how to feel about this.

On one hand, shame on Rihanna for not using this to speak out against domestic abuse and showing it's totally ~fine~ to just go back. It's frustrating to see. And shame on everyone giving this unrepentant douchebag a continuing career. Chris Brown can crawl back under the rock he slithered out from.

On the other hand, I also feel sorry for Rihanna. I know it's hard to know how she feels, but there's probably something wrong if she thinks it's totally cool to go back to him. Self esteem issues and such. She probably should get some counseling. :/

Honestly, I am okish with them getting back together (because as much as I think its stupid, its their life and we can't really know the situation). Thats not what bothers me. If they would just quietly get on with their lives I would be fine.

However, the idea that she would allow him to piggyback on her stardom to return to relevancy is abhorrent to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom