• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Nolan's 'Inception' to star Dicaprio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

http://screenrant.com/inception-plot-details-2-kofi-47921/

Nolan says stuff about Inception, admits that it actually exists.

“Basically the film deals with levels of reality, and perceptions of reality which is something I’m very interested in. Its an action film set in a contemporary world, but with a slight science-fiction bent to it. Cobb [Leonardo DiCaprio's character], who is the center of things and expert in a particular technology that the film revolves around, has put this team around him [Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon Levitt]. It’s very much an ensemble film structured somewhat as a heist movie. It’s an action adventure that spans the globe.”

DMczaf

Leo believes Inception exists as well

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=27308

When we talked to Leonardo DiCaprio about his latest film with Martin Scorsese, Shutter Island, we took the chance to ask him about this summer's Inception, the brain-bending new effort from The Dark Knight's Christopher Nolan.

You can hear what he had to say below, but if you're more a reader than a watcher, here are the high points.

"It is complicated. It's a complicated story-structure, but it's sprung from the great filmmaker Christopher Nolan's mind, and he's been able to take highly complex jigsaw puzzles in a narrative and put them together like we've never seen."

"This is a plot-structure that's working on multiple layers simultaneously - and quite literally when I say simultaneously, I do mean multiple narratives simultaneously. So everyone's going to be in for a treat when they see it, including me."

Maxrunner

Di Caprio seems to be involved in the most interesting projects.....the boy from Titanic is long gone....and i loved Shuttered island....what a great movie.

Maxrunner said:
Di Caprio seems to be involved in the most interesting projects.....the boy from Titanic is long gone....and i loved Shuttered island....what a great movie.

I started respecting him as an actor after The Departed

Zoramon089 said:

he was a good actor long before that.. basketball diaries, etc.

just because he didnt play a "badass" doesnt mean he wasnt a good actor

DMczaf

Nolan just introduced an extended trailer at Showest

http://twitter.com/firstshowing

Also saw an extended Inception trailer - there is SO much in this movie, so much. And all it did is confuse me more, but I'm still excited!
19 minutes ago via Echofon

@G0ldL1on It was part of a Warner Bros presentation. Chris Nolan introduced it, too. There is just so much, they go everywhere!
2 minutes ago via Echofon in reply to G0ldL1on

@barrettgoetz It's impossible, there is just too much. They literally go all over the world. Crumbling cities, snowy mountains, Paris.
2 minutes ago via Echofon in reply to barrettgoetz

Put it online!!

Zoramon089 said:

He was great before that. You might remember him in such films as The Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

I won't deny his talent, but... I just don't like him for some reason. And also I'm bummed out that Tom Hardy, JGL, Watanabe and Murphy to name a few are playing second fiddle.

DMczaf

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/showest-2010-inception-footage-9491

Day 4 of ShoWest has been the longest one yet. But it has also been the most exciting. Today during Warner Brothers' presentation of their upcoming films, they showed footage of Christopher Nolan's upcoming thriller Inception starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

They revealed a bit more of the plot but it was still hard to follow exactly what the storyline is. Leonardo leads a team of security people who go into people's dreams to "guard their subconscious". Here is a quick list of some of the scenes they showed:

Leonardo and Ellen Page walking down a long hallway.
A scene with Joseph Gordon-Levitt telling Ken Watanabe about what it is Leonardo does.
Another scene that looked like something out of a Modern Warfare game. Guys dressed in white military outfits battling on a snow capped mountaintop. One scene showed Ken in military gear tossing a grenade through a window.
Another scene with Leo in a car filled with water.

There were quite a few more scenes but I didn't learn a lot about the film. From what I could gather, Leonardo enters people's dreams to solve or prevent crimes. The last shot showed an entire city collapsing into the ocean. Someone's dream or reality? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

2wqhm5e.gif

Zeliard

Discotheque said:
He was great before that. You might remember him in such films as The Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

I won't deny his talent, but... I just don't like him for some reason. And also I'm bummed out that Tom Hardy, JGL, Watanabe and Murphy to name a few are playing second fiddle.

They basically are all second-fiddle compared to DiCaprio. The guy is massively talented, and keeps getting better with age. He made Body of Lies into a far more watchable movie than it might otherwise have been with nearly anyone else as lead actor. Same thing with Blood Diamond (though Djimon Hounsou was great there, too). I think DiCaprio is probably the most expressive actor out there, and has been for a while.

Can't wait to see what Gordon-Levitt does here, as well. Same with Ken Watanabe. I really love this cast. And nothing else needs to be said about Chris Nolan. This movie will fucking rock.

DMczaf

diunxx said:
This movie sounds like some insane metaphysical homage to Bond movies, can't fucking wait.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/showestnews.php?id=64386

He described dreams as both intimate and infinite experiences that will allow one to go any place, so they went to six different countries to shoot it, and that he wanted to create an immersive experience similar to the ones he treasured when he was a child while watching the James Bond movies and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

At least Solo gets 1 last Bond movie....hurhur!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
sweetvar26 said:
I just realized this movie is coming in July, fuck that is a long way to go.
Whoa!
I thought it was November/December for some reason!
That's awesome!

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
AgentWhiskersX said:
You'll see when you come out of Inception still not knowing what the fuck is going on. :lol

Scott Pilgrim vs The World is twilight for guys.

*AND NEOGAF EXPLODES* MUAHHAHAHAH!

Reads DMC posts above, holy shit at the extended trailer, I want that shit now Nolan!

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
wRATH2x said:
Its a mind fuck from Nolan, I'd gladly let him churn his cock through my ears <3
I fucking admire Nolan's work but I'm just too amped for another Edgar Wright movie. And of all things, he's directing a Scott Pilgrim movie.

Jibril said:
Scott Pilgrim vs The World is twilight for guys.

*AND NEOGAF EXPLODES* MUAHHAHAHAH!
Oh let's not go there.

Veidt

AgentWhiskersX said:
I fucking admire Nolan's work but I'm just too amped for another Edgar Wright movie. And of all things, he's directing a Scott Pilgrim movie.

Oh let's not go there.

I don't know anything about Scott Pilgrim. But wow at the recent screenshots released. Looks like a mixture of star wars and 500 days of summer....am I accurate?

VariantX04

Jibril said:
I don't know anything about Scott Pilgrim. But wow at the recent screenshots released. Looks like a mixture of star wars and 500 days of summer....am I accurate?
Are you referring to the series' content, or the movie itself? We pretty much know fuck all about the direction the movie is taking but the series is more video game-oriented with plenty of inside jokes between the volumes. Read the first volume and I assure you you'll be hooked.

Veidt

AgentWhiskersX said:
Are you referring to the series' content, or the movie itself? We pretty much know fuck all about the direction the movie is taking but the series is more video game-oriented with plenty of inside jokes between the volumes. Read the first volume and I assure you you'll be hooked.
If there's Metal Gear references, I will geekgasm

VariantX04

Jibril said:
If there's Metal Gear references, I will geekgasm
No Metal Gear references I'm afraid. It's more old-school 2D sidescroller influenced. There's actually a 2D sidescrolling Scott Pilgrim game coming out to coincide with the launch of the movie and possibly the 6th and final volume.

Veidt

AgentWhiskersX said:
I bought all five volumes from Amazon but you could always "acquire" it the Saudi way. ;)

Read first issue on htmlcomics. Shit's pretty damn good. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom