• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Pratt is not the new Harrison Ford, he's the new Brendan Fraser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Harrison Ford have "mega-star icon quality" though?

Honest question. Because his two biggest movies are still the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies, and those were a long time ago.

He's had a pretty lukewarm career since then. And he's never been known for his acting chops.

The Fugitive
Air Force One
Blade Runner
American graffiti
Witness
Clear and Present Danger
Patriot Games
What Lies Beneath
Cowboys & Aliens
Hollywood Homicide

That was just off the top of my head.

Ford was a very bankable 80s and 90s movie star.

Honest question. Because his two biggest movies are still the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies, and those were a long time ago.

He's had a pretty lukewarm career since then. And he's never been known for his acting chops.

Did you really just ask this.

royalan

The Fugitive
Air Force One
Blade Runner
American graffiti
Witness
Clear and Present Danger
Patriot Games
What Lies Beneath
Cowboys & Aliens
Hollywood Homicide

That was just off the top of my head.

Ford was a very bankable 80s and 90s movie star.

What Lies Beneath???

Did you actually see that turd?

Egg0

Banned
I always thought he was the new Ryan Reynolds, but with a good superhero movie.

Fingers crossed for Deadpool.

Pratt has already had a better career than Fraser, and I like Fraser a lot.

Channing Tatum might be the new Fraser, but he's probably had a better career than Fraser already too.

Poor Brendan Fraser :(

hydruxo

What has Brendan Fraser been in other the Mummy series though? Bedazzled? George of the Jungle?

Chris Pratt has only been an A Lister for like a year and his filmography before that is already better than Fraser's career

zoozilla

Yep.

Also who was Harrison Ford? Who was Harrison Ford compared to?

Probably like Robert Mitchum or something?

He played the Humphrey Bogart role in the remake of Sabrina, if that says anything.

I think Ford's definitely got an "old-school" movie star quality about him (ironic, since he came out of nowhere). Don't know if anyone has that nowadays.

Sanjuro

lol I am pretty sure Chris Pratt already made a ton more money than Brendan.

Pratt could retire tomorrow a wealthy man. It is all gravy from here.

Inflation.

Brendan Fraser was more bankable for a longer period of time. Chris Pratt has been notable for about a year.

EDIT: Despite inflation, and change of market, Pratt isn't even fucking close.

Hale-XF11

The difference in my eyes is that Pratt looks like a college-aged goofball type and Harrison (during the early Indy years) looked like a rugged man who just also happened to be really good with comedic timing/delivery, so he had the best of both worlds. There's no getting around being typecast, so it'll probably be hard to ever see Pratt on the same playing field as Ford.

Probably like Robert Mitchum or something?

He played the Humphrey Bogart role in the remake of Sabrina, if that says anything.

I think Ford's definitely got an "old-school" movie star quality about him (ironic, since he came out of nowhere). Don't know if anyone has that nowadays.

See I felt Ford was Our Robert Redford.

At least until Brad Pitt came around.

The last "old school" movie star Left I think would definitely be George Clooney.

DOWN

Banned
p307275-620x350.jpg

I doubt he will be the next Harrison Ford or another star that has the ability to stand the test of time. We're passed that generation and while we may see stars from our generation shine until their 70, it's going to be a select handful. Most will be Brendan Fraser.

Sheroking

Nah. Pratt's great in everything he has ever been in. Stood out on fucking Everwood, great on Parks and Rec, great in Guardians.

Frasier's doughy ass was mediocre in everything BUT The Mummy 1 and the Scrubs episode where he died.

rjinaz

Pratt already has a better career than Frasier. Frasier's willingness to star in complete dogshit was his undoing.

Yeah got to disagree with that. Pratt has been in what, one blockbuster?Pratt is not a household name, yet. Might change after JP mind you. Everybody knows who Brandon Frasier is.

Blader

Star Wars and Indiana Jones are two of the biggest movie franchises of all time, anchored in large part (particularly in the latter's case) by his charisma alone. Ford could have retired from acting in 1989 and still justifiably have mega-star icon quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom