• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Pratt is not the new Harrison Ford, he's the new Brendan Fraser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's funny is that for all the mentions of bland, generic-looking Sam Worthington out of nowhere in this thread, Chris Pratt looks like his long lost American brother.

J5cQ9cl.jpg

LVceKrTl.jpg

Sanjuro

What's funny is that for all the mentions of bland, generic-looking Sam Worthington out of nowhere in this thread, Chris Pratt looks like his long lost American brother.

J5cQ9cl.jpg

LVceKrTl.jpg

You idiot. Do you think people would have ACTUALLY seen The Lego Movie with that fuck providing his voice?!

Chris Pratt is not even a Brendan Fraser. The Quiet American is a really fantastic movie, and I can't even begin to imagine Pratt pulling off a serious role like that. He's a Sam Worthington. Enjoy your five minutes bud.

Where is Sam nowadays anyway? Last thing I remember was Clash of the Titans 2. Is he on a break?

Neff

I like Pratt a lot, but he can't carry that "don't fuck with me" element of danger that Ford is so good at.

He's also simply not as good an actor.

He's probably as good as or better than Fraser, though.

Korey

Chris Pratt is...I don't know what the word is...too "wacky"?

I'm watching the Jurassic World trailer and he destroys the tone of the movie imo. He's a comedian at heart.

Game4life

Banned
Not sure if the people who think Pratt is big time are serious. He has one blockbuster movie - One. That does not make him a big star. What next - Chris Evans is the biggest hollywood star? Because he is Captain America? I mean let us be realistic here. Pratt has a long way to go before even coming close to Harrison Fords legacy.

The problem with Pratt isn't that he's too wacky or that he has a problem inherently at all. He just does the wacky stuff so well and has yet to show the gravitas and screen presence of somebody like Ford yet. There hasn't really been a role yet to give him the opportunity. Could go either way.

But right now, his charisma as it's been displayed on screen so far, is less one-of-a-kind and more one-note.

Sanjuro

The problem with Pratt isn't that he's too wacky or that he has a problem inherently at all. He just does the wacky stuff so well and has yet to show the gravitas and screen presence of somebody like Ford yet. There hasn't really been a role yet to give him the opportunity. Could go either way.

But right now, his charisma as it's been displayed on screen so far, is less one-of-a-kind and more one-note.

Outside of Moneyball, I'm not sure what he is supposed to do here.

The first 2 Mummy movies are great popcorn flicks that are still fun to this day. Fraser is really good in both. They waited too long to make the third and it didn't have Rachel Weisz in it, so no thank you.

Jigorath

Banned
I swear, every few years all the big movie studios get together and unanimously decide on some random white guy to push as the next big thing in Hollywood.

No one actually wants to be the new Harrison Ford.

Because Harrison Ford is still around, and he's always been terrible.

No lies detected

Why would he want to be Harrison Ford? Fords not a good actor? His two biggest movies were both Lucas involved because he was a cheap virtual unknown at the time. Not because he was an amazing actor.

Ford is basically Sam Worthington's predecessor.

Actually watch them both in their movies. They're so similar its scary. Both bland, cant emote anything other than anger or indifference and basically play the same character in each movie.

I think Anchorman 2 was the first time I saw Ford play something other than Harrison Ford. Even then it was a role that required he play an exaggerated version of himself.

Does Harrison Ford have "mega-star icon quality" though?

Honest question. Because his two biggest movies are still the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies, and those were a long time ago.

He's had a pretty lukewarm career since then. And he's never been known for his acting chops.

All of you people will now be on my permanent ignore list , though not until this thread is over
. I hate you all so so much

inm8num2

Accurate.

Chris Pine is the superior candidate for Indiana anyway.

He has the look, the physique, the beard, and the comedic chops. He's a cool Kirk and would make a great Indy.
He would, but I still think Bradley Cooper is the best choice there.

Griss

Quick check of the guy's IMDB page tells me he's never been in anything I liked, and has been is some absolute shockers like Lego Movie and GotG.

So yeah, OP nails it. At least Brendan Fraser had School Ties.

Burt

Quick check of the guy's IMDB page tells me he's never been in anything I liked, and has been is some absolute shockers like Lego Movie and GotG.

So yeah, OP nails it. At least Brendan Fraser had School Ties.
*Goes to IMDB page*

"Known for: Guardians of the Galaxy, Her, Parks and Rec, Moneyball"

Yeah seriously, I don't know what you guys are smoking, the dude has clearly never been in anything good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom