• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christian music star: "I'm a lesbian"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero Tolerance said:
Being Christian and anti-gay is redundant.

I don't have a problem with gay Christians so long as they recognize that homosexuality is sin, and don't make it out like God is "okay" with it because "He made me like this." I'm glad to see (apparently) a gay Christian who recognizes the conflict between their sexual identity and their relationship with Christ.

Thank God for God. If she believes Christ to be her savior, then she should turn out fine. Everyone has up to the midnight hour.

Zero Tolerance
Banned
(Today, 03:27 PM)
Reply | Quote

33f7p6d.jpg

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Would
if she wasn't gay

I'm still waiting for the first rapper/ R&B singer to come out. We know they're out there, and the black christian community has to come to grips with this at some point too.

What about Jermaine Stewart? I think he was openly gay.

jorma

is now taking requests
ToxicAdam said:
Callback! Well played.

I've always wanted to create a "Hottest Lesbian" thread. But I didn't think it was in great taste, since most real lesbians reject the ideas of beauty as created by men. But with that said, I crush on Thea Gill. Even her pop music was pretty fun. Check her music out on youtube.

Hmm. Do you think a "hottest lesbian" list compiled by a lesbian would look vastly different from one compiled by a man? I'm genuinely curious here.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Gaborn said:
Rev. DL Foster is the founder of the Gay Christian Movement Watch Web site and said he believes as society has become more accepting of homosexuality, Knapp and other artists are finding it easier to go public.

"For a person to try and combine [being gay and being a Christian music artist] is not biblically correct, and I would hope that the church would reject such music because it does not represent us," he said. "To me, it doesn't matter if you are openly gay or closeted gay, sin is still sin."

Knapp is very clear that she is not marketing herself as a Christian artist, a term with which she said she has never been comfortable. She's no longer on a Christian-based record label, and her new album of folksy rock songs is described as being about "inner-conflicts, spirituality and life lessons."]

Can never wrap my head around why some Christians say such things. By this logic, calling yourself a Christian anything isn't "biblically correct," since, according to the bible, everyone who's ever lived and everyone who will ever live is unavoidably steeped in sin.

Zilch

Banned
I guess the writing was on the wall -- I can see a tattoo on her shoulder.

What kind of real Christian would desecrate the temple that is their body in that manner?

I wish Zero Tolerance was still around so we could get some input on this matter from him.

Cowie

I don't like her attitude about this. Or rather, her nonchalant 'I'm sure a lot of my fans will hate me for being gay, and that's totally cool' approach. What the hell?

agrajag

Banned
RubxQub said:
FUCK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...wait...I'm married...so maybe I'll like see pictures of her kissing other ladies or something? It's not like I was ever going to have a shot...

SO DIVIDED!

yeah, because single gaffers had a legitimate shot of hitting that before she announced she was a lesbo

Cowie said:
I don't like her attitude about this. Or rather, her nonchalant 'I'm sure a lot of my fans will hate me for being gay, and that's totally cool' approach. What the hell?

What's she supposed to say?

I don't think this is news for the Christian community. We all knew she was lezboz.

It should also be noted that she has an amazing voice.

Leunam

Zero Tolerance said:
Being Christian and anti-gay is redundant.

I don't have a problem with gay Christians so long as they recognize that homosexuality is sin, and don't make it out like God is "okay" with it because "He made me like this." I'm glad to see (apparently) a gay Christian who recognizes the conflict between their sexual identity and their relationship with Christ.

Thank God for God. If she believes Christ to be her savior, then she should turn out fine. Everyone has up to the midnight hour.

Holy shit.

ToxicAdam said:
Washed-up Christian music star wants to crossover, yawn.

Sorry I'm so cynical, but the music business is full of sham.
This isn't a PR stunt. She left at the height of her career. If she was a wash-up, it would be a different story.

Zaphod

saltinekracka said:
I don't think this is news for the Christian community. We all knew she was lezboz.

It should also be noted that she has an amazing voice.

The corect nomenclature is lesbian or gay.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Ray Boltz is gay? I didn't know.

Well, looks like when I run praise group at church this weekend, it's gonna be all Ray Boltz and Jennifer Knapp.

Man, I'm a jerk Christian.

Alucrid

Banned
ChiTownBuffalo said:
Ray Boltz is gay? I didn't know.

Well, looks like when I run praise group at church this weekend, it's gonna be all Ray Boltz and Jennifer Knapp.

Man, I'm a jerk Christian.

Awesome. Well kinda awesome, I mean you're still at a church group thang on the weekend. :D

subrock

I thought attractive lesbians were fine with most people. It's the gender bending ones and gay men that make people feel scared and icky... I mean that god doesn't like...

Ceres

Banned
jorma said:
Hmm. Do you think a "hottest lesbian" list compiled by a lesbian would look vastly different from one compiled by a man? I'm genuinely curious here.

A hottest woman list is going to vary greatly between men with different tastes as it is.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Alucrid said:
Awesome. Well kinda awesome, I mean you're still at a church group thang on the weekend. :D

Haha.

I just want my kids to be Christians in the real world, and through His word. Like social justice, feeding the poor, being stewards of the environment. To evangelize by being good people and not by shoving beliefs on people. Like, "Wow, Bob is a Christian? Interesting because he doesn't come off like a blowhard douchebag." If people want to learn about Jesus or Christianity, cool talk to them about it, and if they don't be cool with it. Not because they don't want to look bad, because they are comfortable and secure in their faith and they understand they live in the a world that is not Christian, and that it doesn't have to be.

I don't make my kids go out and accost people with their beliefs. I don't even encourage them talk about God when we go volunteer unless someone asks them if they are from a church, or if they want to have a conversation of their own choosing. If people want to be preached to, they'll go to a church.

Needless to say, I constantly wonder when my church is gonna remove me from a position to teach youth. But yeah, this weekend is going to be, "Hey, if these songs are written by gay people, does that mean that the love and sentiment for their faith is less that yours?" And if one of them says yes, I'm going to make them talk about all the sins they committed over the past week and see if they think it means they are less Christian because of their transgressions. Answer is obviously no, but I wanna get the point across no one can judge.

Sorry digression.

She's a hot lesbian.

jdogmoney

ChiTownBuffalo said:
Haha.

I just want my kids to be Christians in the real world, and through His word. Like social justice, feeding the poor, being stewards of the environment. To evangelize by being good people and not by shoving beliefs on people. Like, "Wow, Bob is a Christian? Interesting because he doesn't come off like a blowhard douchebag." If people want to learn about Jesus or Christianity, cool talk to them about it, and if they don't be cool with it. Not because they don't want to look bad, because they are comfortable and secure in their faith and they understand they live in the a world that is not Christian, and that it doesn't have to be.

I don't make my kids go out and accost people with their beliefs. I don't even encourage them talk about God when we go volunteer unless someone asks them if they are from a church, or if they want to have a conversation of their own choosing. If people want to be preached to, they'll go to a church.

Needless to say, I constantly wonder when my church is gonna remove me from a position to teach youth. But yeah, this weekend is going to be, "Hey, if these songs are written by gay people, does that mean that the love and sentiment for their faith is less that yours?" And if one of them says yes, I'm going to make them talk about all the sins they committed over the past week and see if they think it means they are less Christian because of their transgressions. Answer is obviously no, but I wanna get the point across no one can judge.

Sorry digression.

She's a hot lesbian.

<3

DeathNote said:
not that hot.
36 years old.
boring music.

fail. put your dicks back in your pants guys.

She is a lesbian Christian, dicks should never have been out in the first place. It is like putting diesel in an Unleaded.

LosDaddie

Banned
Gaborn said:
Although you have a minor point, to be fair "gay" is not in the title. And between "Christian" and "Lesbian" I'm guessing the reason people are clicking is probably 80-20 in favor of the "lesbian" part.

Maybe, but both Christian and gay threads are generally lightning rods of attention on GAF. So it's not certain, at all, why people are clicking on this thread. And yeah, "Gay" isn't in the title, but it was clear what I meant.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
She is a lesbian Christian, dicks should never have been out in the first place. It is like putting diesel in an Unleaded.
guys get off on watching and thinking about lesbians

her not wanting dick is irreverent since no one will ever meet her

Prince of Space said:
She's just making sure none of her fans feel like she was taking advantage of them.

In world of Christian music, artists have the added burden of trying to keep a spit-clean image. One 'bad' decision can alienate you from your audience. As a lesbian christian artist, she will likely garner some extra media attention. Ultimately though, she's narrowing her audience down to 'people who like christain music and are okay with her being gay', which is probably going to work against her badly.

Gaborn

LosDaddie said:
Maybe, but both Christian and gay threads are generally lightning rods of attention on GAF. So it's not certain, at all, why people are clicking on this thread. And yeah, "Gay" isn't in the title, but it was clear what I meant.

Sure, I'm just saying, frankly, it's me. I've certainly made threads with ambiguous titles that seemed to suggest whatever the reader wanted (in general the reader wanted women of course) but since I'm gay it was a man in these cases. "Lesbian" removes the question of the gender involved so GAF came in already primed to see pictures of the lesbian. Although I agree that to a lesser extent "lesbian" and "Christian" juxtaposed added to the interest. "gay" would have been less interesting to gaf as a whole though because that probably would have been a guy since I made the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom