• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christina Aguilera has a little accident during Etta James funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Still fucking hot, fat or whatever.. she's still fucking hot.

Hell she's not fat, she's thick.. which is good.

Jenov

britney has always been better than christina (maybe not vocally, lawl). she's so much more down to earth compared to christina too.

ibeQ6XrjiGsZAK.gif

Mumei

p0eWc.gif

Xtina knocking Gershwin out of the park with precision: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67usCNLjrVQ

I'll take vocals like Christina's any day. Better to have a singer who knows how to sing and sings straight up, than any number of girls who inject unnatural affectation in an attempt to sound "authentic". *cough*Lana Del Go-the-hell-Away*cough*

Christina sounds great on when she does that mid-range stuff that's in her comfortable range like in that performance you linked to, or in her head voice, but she turns in some awful, off-key, strained performances when she starts trying to belt it up high on her own songs.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
She is not "thick", she's fat. And she periods all over herself in public. That's just plain trashy dude. NOT COOL.

I hope you're young or just inexperienced bro. A girl with some meat is quality, she ain't fat at all, she's thick.

You'll learn one day, you ain't lived til you've bloodied up your manhood a bit. There's still time.

Cynosure

Christina sounds great on when she does that mid-range stuff that's in her comfortable range like in that performance you linked to, or in her head voice, but she turns in some awful, off-key, strained performances when she starts trying to belt it up high on her own songs.

You have a preference, and it's not absolute.
Not many can belt out like Christina can, and whenever she shows off her God-given gift, there's always a few of you that complain.

Mumei

You have a preference, and it's not absolute.
Not many can belt out like Christina can, and whenever she shows off her God-given gift, there's always a few of you that complain.

I didn't say she didn't have natural talent. She does.

I was saying that when she belts high, she often pulls up her larynx, strains, or goes flat. And often all three. If she had better technique to go with her natural gifts (of which she has plenty, including great tone and range (at least at her peak; she might have lost that by now)), she'd sound a lot better and more powerful.

royalan

Eh, I think it's because it's a hell of a lot more difficult to consistently churn out performances of a BIG song under live conditions that she was able to record under zero pressure in-studio. It's something a lot of the "divas" face (Whitney, Mariah especially), and it really only affects the up-tempo numbers. Christina can nail most of her ballads in her sleep.

lenovox1

I was saying that when she belts high, she often pulls up her larynx, strains, or goes flat. And often all three. If she had better technique to go with her natural gifts (of which she has plenty, including great tone and range (at least at her peak; she might have lost that by now)), she'd sound a lot better and more powerful.

Thank you. And thank you. You're right on the money.

Cynosure

The double whammy of Slave 4 U and Dirrty made me into the slut I am today.
5KNt6.png

Slave 4 U video >>> Dirtty

That was Britney's peak, and close second is Toxic. She exuded so much sex appeal there. The choreography and look was just pop perfection.

I was never really a fan of trashy Christina. Britney's video was trashy too, but it had an aspect of quality that lacked in Dirrty.

Huge fan of B2Btina, a.k.a Baby Jane

ZMVm8.gif

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

Pretty much this. I cringe whenever she goes into "Christina Mode". The pitch almost sounds like its coming out of someone who's tone deaf.

3phemeral

For example, here's another video of Christina singing with Andrea Bocelli at a slightly higher range than she normally does live...and absolutely nailing the entire song, accent and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPWQPqsfG-0&feature=related

I wouldn't say it's technique she lacks. If I had to criticize my diva for one thing, it would be a lack of restraint.
Delivery choices aside, that was during B2B, where she sounded great and back to form:

Oh Mother

It was after that point where things started going downhill in terms of consistency and overall vocal health. However, even in her vocal prime, she was and is still victim to the whole vocal histrionics that undermine any sense of musicality to her singing.

christina is shit because in every fucking song she warbles like a bitch and insists on expressing the entirety of her vocal range, totally over-singing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom