• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christoph Waltz is the new Bond villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

http://www.thewrap.com/christoph-waltz-joining-daniel-craig-in-bond-24-will-he-play-the-villain/

Two-time Oscar winner Christoph Waltz has signed on to join Daniel Craig in Sam Mendes’ “Bond 24,” according to Daily Mail reporter Baz Bamigboye, who has a solid track record when it comes to 007 news.

Representatives for EON Productions and Waltz did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Chiwetel Ejiofor had been in talks for a villainous role in the film, but TheWrap confirmed several weeks ago that the deal never came together. It's believed that Waltz is taking over that role.

Craig is suiting up for his fourth round as 007, and he'll be joined by returning cast members Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris and Ralph Fiennes as gadget master Q, Miss Moneypenny and the new M, respectively.

Lea Seydoux is expected to play a femme fatale in “Bond 24,” while “Guardians of the Galaxy” star Dave Bautista will likely play a memorable henchman.

Tansut

Christoph-Waltz-Dancing-in-Chair-Inglourious-Basterds.gif

overcast

In B4 somebody claims how great he was in IB and Django. That is before harSon tells that person he played the same character twice.

Anyway, I'm kinda okay with this. Waltz does need to play a completely different role tho.

geomon

Awesome. I thought Javier Bardem was a great Bond villain, probably the best but now...I think he's about to be topped.

Blader

I thought the Daily Mail had a dubious track-record or am I thinking of something else?

The Sun? Or the Daily Mirror? I can't keep these British tabloids straight -_-

I checked out MI6 first and the people on those forums seem to treat this Daily Mail guy as legit though. I trust their anonymous judgment!

Great to hear.

Also glad Ejiofor was dropped. It's not that I don't like him as an actor, I just think he's kind of forgettable, while Waltz is more compelling on screen.

Can't wait to see Raplh Fiennes tinkering in the lab.

BocFfgR.jpg

Edit: misread. Would still greatly enjoy seeing Raplh Fiennes swear across the room while working on inventions.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
oh god this could be fucking amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom