• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Nolan to direct WWII film "Dunkirk", shot in IMAX 65mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the best place to sit in a IMAX theater. Never been to one and I'm going to the one here in Ontario California.

It's got reserve seating surprisingly

Middle, but back seats are great too if the screen is properly big.

bfi-imax-auditorium-001-16x9_0.jpg

Nolan did try a fun little experiment with Zimmer with interstellar.

Gave him a scene from the movie but without telling him what it was about or the movie. Told him to write him a piece of music and show him later. Pretty intresting relationship they have. Zimmer talks about it in the composer round table.
When Nolan called McConaughey to his house, they pretty much talked about family the entire "interview". He didn't mention what the movie would be about or what his role was, which left him confused when he left the house. He got the role based on that interview though.

fr0st

Banned
When Nolan called McConaughey to his house, they pretty much talked about family the entire "interview". He didn't mention what the movie would be about or what his role was, which left him confused when he left the house. He got the role based on that interview though.
You got a vid or link for this?

Ashhong

Nearly 10 years ago I sat in the front row of a real IMAX (AMC Lincoln Square - NYC) for a screening of Speed Racer.

I am still recovering.

Sit in the back, people.

Lucky you. I wish I had seen Speed Racer in IMAX, even if it was in the front row.

damn i didn't see that option since I'm not familiar with Universal city. bless up.

You need to pay for parking there. Make sure to take your ticket to the customer service inside of the theater and they will give you the parking fee back.

Where's the best place to sit in a IMAX theater. Never been to one and I'm going to the one here in Ontario California.

It's got reserve seating surprisingly

My go to spots at that theater were in the very back middle. You can't go wrong as long as you are in the middle and within the last 1/5 or so rows.

Ashhong

Anybody know where I can find Nolan's guest appearance on Star Talk? I can only find the radio episode that has Neil talking about the TV episode..

DMczaf

WB is hoping Dunkirk bombs so they get Inception 2

Lose low money now for high gain later #FollowTheMoney #Woke #WakeUp

Jb

Who else is going to see this at BFI IMAX? I always love the people introducing the movie and getting you hyped.

This sounds pretty awesome, I wish we had something like this here.

On the plus side I managed to get some tickets for the premiere here with Nolan on the 17th. Pretty stoked :)

hydruxo

From 5:30 on that Zimmer track is nuts. I'm just imagining it blaring in the theater during a dogfighting scene. Can't wait.

Wollan

A small post I made in the HTC thread regarding VR experience:
Don't bother downloading the Dunkirk VR experience from Viveport.
It's a 2D 360degree movie of just a few of semi-computer generated scenes that last about four minutes.

Slow-mo of people drowning around you...
A minute in a plane cockpit before it crashes in the water.
Waiting on the beach with other CGI soldiers.
The End.

DMczaf

inm8num2

Spitfires, flotillas of boats, rough seas and 1,000 extras: Christopher Nolan on the making of Dunkirk, his most challenging film to date

My pitch to Warner Bros was: we’re going to put the audience into the cockpit of a Spitfire and have them dogfight the Messerschmitts. We’re going to put them on the beach, feeling the sand getting everywhere, confronting the waves. We’re going to put them on small civilian boats bouncing around on the waves on this huge journey heading into a terrifying war zone. It’s virtual reality without the headset.

Great essay from the man himself. I cannot wait for this movie.

javac

So the cinema near me isn't showing it in 70mm IMAX due to "limited number of prints" and instead will be showing it in IMAX Digital Xenon...should I bother? Waste of a huge ass screen! :(

Ashhong

I'm sure WB was like "say no more fam, take as much money as you need"

So the cinema near me isn't showing it in 70mm IMAX due to "limited number of prints" and instead will be showing it in IMAX Digital Xenon...should I bother? Waste of a huge ass screen! :(

It's not ideal but it's better than nothing

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

riotous

Banned
What's "LieMax"?

The main theater I go to isn't IMax; it's just a 100 foot screen with a 6P laser projector that often does 70mm prints. Is that "LieMax"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom