• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Nolan's next project: sci-fi/time travel film titled 'Interstellar'

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Important Interstellar update

tumblr_moga6sSlty1s9yf2qo1_500.png

Dead

well not really...yet
Does he have more than one brother?
They have a brother in prison, arrested for murder charges

Nolan in April pleaded guilty to plotting to escape from the Metropolitan Correctional Center in downtown Chicago.

Authorities last October discovered about 31 feet of rope and a harness made from bed sheets, a metal clip that could unlock handcuffs, and a razor inside a mattress in Nolan's cell. At the time, he was awaiting extradition to Costa Rica on murder charges.

The FBI arrested Nolan in February 2009 as he left bankruptcy court in Chicago and charged him with the 2005 kidnapping and murder of Florida accountant Robert Cohen in Costa Rica.
http://www.today.com/id/29797047
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...1_costa-rica-fake-british-passport-extradited

Script secrecy

http://www.interstellar-movie.com/news/903
Jessica was filming Miss Julie in Northern Ireland when she got the call that Chris Nolan was interested in her.

"They put someone on a plane and flew them to Ireland and then drove them two hours to my location to hand me the script to read," Chastain remembered. "That's how secret this movie is. There's no email. There's no FedEx. Someone gets on a plane from Los Angeles and flies to Northern Ireland."

After reading Interstellar, despite her professionalism as an actor, she wasn't allowed to keep the script. Chastain smiled, "I gave it back to the very nice gentleman and he got back on a plane and went back to Los Angeles."

It's all understandable as Chris Nolan, when it comes to making a film; he tries his best to keep everything a secret. We're glad to see Jessica working with Nolan for the first time and I'm sure that she will deliver a powerful performance again. Nolan will begin shooting part of Interstellar in early August and will begin preparations next month in Calgary, Alberta.

Casey Affleck joins the cast

http://www.nolanfans.com/2013/06/21/casey-affleck-reveals-hes-in-christopher-nolans-interstellar/

Buried away at the bottom of a recent Elle magazine interview is evidence that Casey Affleck is the latest addition to the cast of Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar. The fashion magazine caught up with the star last night at the premiere of Ain’t Them Bodies Saints. When the magazine asked Affleck about what else he is working on, the actor answered that he is “going to work on a Chris Nolan movie in the fall.”

this cast is fucking incredible, casey affleck too!

and nolan and hopefully mcconaghey will be in calgary soon...i'm driving there to spy on them.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Cillian Murphy will play a previous space explorer from a time long ago that the current crew eventually run into. He'll be wearing a bag over his head.

Guzim

I thought this was very interesting about Jeff Robinov leaving Warner Bros. I can see Nolan getting a lot of money for his next film to be at WB, or he'll go to whichever studio Robinov is at.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/yet...fellman-greg-silverman-may-lead-as-triumvira/

But no Warner Bros Pictures film relationship is more important than with Christopher Nolan. According to several accounts, Robinov’s relationship with Nolan began right after Memento was released in March 2001. Within a month, Nolan’s agent Dan Aloni called Robinov and told him he should meet with the helmer. At first Nolan was going to direct Troy (released in 2004) but wasn’t feeling it. With that Robinov asked if there was anything else Nolan wanted to do – and learned that the director had always had an interest in Batman. At the time, the studio didn’t have a take on a reboot of its lucrative DC Comics franchise. But Nolan came in and brilliantly pitched Robinov who immediately set up a meeting with then studio chief Alan Horn who also bought into it. Horn greenlighted Batman Begins and the entire new trilogy, with Robinov’s full backing, off just Nolan’s pitch. For the latest Superman reboot, screenwriter David S. Goyer and Nolan came to Robinov with what’s now referred to as “an incredible take” on a Man Of Steel reimagining. “Great visual. Great aesthetic. A lot of confidence.” It was Nolan’s idea to have Zack Snyder direct it and, even though Snyder’s previous movies had underperformed at the box office, Robinov back up Nolan’s decision-making – a rarity in Hollywood. As a measure of his loyalty to Robinov, Nolan recently insisted that the studio be included in the deal for Interstellar at Paramount.

Guzim

I think the most interesting thing to come out of Robinov leaving is that WB offered Troy to Nolan first.

And the director of Troy, Wolfgang Petersen, was supposed to direct Batman vs Superman, but he chose to direct Troy instead.

Thank you Nolan for saying no to Troy.

harSon

Banned
I think the most surprising revelation on this page is a website called nolanfans.com

The forum is actually pretty huge. I used to frequent it due to the large script sharing community that it housed, but site owners put a stop to it months ago.

Guzim

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/twilight-actress-joining-christopher-nolans-585605

Mackenzie Foy played the daughter of Kirsten Stewart and Robert Pattinson in the final Twilight movies, but for her next role, the actress is going out of this world.

Foy, who also stars in The Conjuring, the New Line horror movie that opens Friday, is in final negotiations to join the all-star cast of Christopher Nolan’s sci-fi movie Interstellar.

The, um, stellar lineup already includes Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Michael Caine and Casey Affleck.

The script, by Nolan and his brother Jonathan Nolan, involves time travel and alternate dimensions and sees a group of explorers travel through a wormhole.

Plot details are being kept in a black hole, as is Foy’s character description.

xerneas

Banned
I would posit that Foy plays a younger version of Chastain's character, while Chalamet plays a younger version of Affleck's character.

DMczaf

Ellen Burstyn has also joined

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/colum...y-join-christopher-nolans-interstellar-103436

Oscar winner Ellen Burstyn and rising star Mackenzie Foy ("Twilight"), who just worked together on the indie movie "Wish You Well," are set to join the cast of Christopher Nolan's epic sci-fi movie "Interstellar," two individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap.

Too many new faces. I need a Bale or Cillian to pop up soon to keep things on the level.

xerneas

Banned
There's an interesting gradient here of actors - children, middle aged, and the elderly.

Based on the nature of the film, I imagine some of these actors may actually be playing the same character.

I really hope this ends up being everything Inception wasn't.

Really interested in seeing how the Nolan brothers play with time travel.

I have high hopes for this one.

shira

There's an interesting gradient here of actors - children, middle aged, and the elderly.

Based on the nature of the film, I imagine some of these actors may actually be playing the same character.

Like Cloud Atlas? Can't wait for Korean Anne Hathaway

I really hope this ends up being everything Inception wasn't.

Really interested in seeing how the Nolan brothers play with time travel.

I have high hopes for this one.
I'm pretty sure Kip Thorne is doing all the science.

harSon

Banned
Why? That sounds like a really neat thing to have going on in the site.

Because movie studios have cracked down on script sharing over the last few years. And on that note, I'm interested in seeing how the rewrite of Interstellar pans out. The script I read of it was actually pretty decent.

Toa TAK

Banned
Because movie studios have cracked down on script sharing over the last few years. And on that note, I'm interested in seeing how the rewrite of Interstellar pans out. The script I read of it was actually pretty decent.

That sucks. =(

But as far as Interstellar goes, that sounds great. Hopefully the rewrite touches it up a bit and makes it great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom