• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Nolan's next project: sci-fi/time travel film titled 'Interstellar'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzim

He's next:

images

Believe.

He's good with calculation.

DMczaf

Twist: Nolan already filmed the entire thing weeks ago. All set photos and videos you see from now on is an elaborate troll to keep the story under wraps.

Nolan: okay bro, you have to write a movie that's two hours long that feels like six hours to watch.

BWAAAAAAMMMMM! BWAAAAAAAAMMM!

I love time travel flicks.

Christopher Nolan will have made 4 blockbusters (assuming he makes a blockbuster in 2016 as well) in the time James Cameron took to release Avatar 2.
Cameron is wasting his talent man.

hal9001

Banned
Does anyone know if this synopsis is real which was posted in imdb? Possible spoilers:

In the future, governments and economies across the globe have collapsed, food is scarce, NASA is no more, and the 20th Century is to blame. A mysterious rip in spacetime opens and it's up to whatever is left of NASA to explore and offer up hope for mankind.

YyKeEEb.jpg

Tugatrix

Does anyone know if this synopsis is real which was posted in imdb? Possible spoilers:

In the future, governments and economies across the globe have collapsed, food is scarce, NASA is no more, and the 20th Century is to blame. A mysterious rip in spacetime opens and it's up to whatever is left of NASA to explore and offer up hope for mankind.

YyKeEEb.jpg

I read the 2008 script, I confirm it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

YyKeEEb.jpg

I read the 2008 script, I confirm it.

It's so ridiculous it sounds great! I can sense a mild criticism towards governments' low investment into space. Good.

Now off to a black out!

YyKeEEb.jpg

This man needs to be the star.

tumblr_mmssclApnY1qas8z9o1_500.jpg

He even has the action hero gravitas here:

1683445-poster-p-1-neil-de-grasse-tyson-looks-like-an-action-hero-in-the-trailer-to-cosmos.jpg

jett

D-Member
I was really hyped for this movie when Spielberg was involved. Now, not so much, for some reason. I wonder how much did Nolan alter his brother's script.

Oh yeah, the reason is the garbage that was TDKR.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit, NotTheGuyYouKill (I'm just gonna call you NTGYK, I don't know how else to call you), now I need a Carl Sagan quote at the beginning of the movie for it to be complete (considering that Neil has helped me rediscover Cosmos).

ezekial45

Banned
This man needs to be the star.

tumblr_mmssclApnY1qas8z9o1_500.jpg

He even has the action hero gravitas here:

1683445-poster-p-1-neil-de-grasse-tyson-looks-like-an-action-hero-in-the-trailer-to-cosmos.jpg

No thank you. Cosmos is enough of a Neil Degasse Tyson circle-jerk. He doesn't need to be in a Nolan movie.

I can't understand the internet's obsession with him. He's a bright and charismatic guy, but this following of his is a bit ridiculous.

No thank you. Cosmos is enough of a Neil Degasse Tyson circle-jerk. He doesn't need to be in a Nolan movie.

I can't understand the internet's obsession with him. He's a bright and charismatic guy, but this following of his is a bit ridiculous.

tumblr_lxgqod5cfP1qe4i41.jpg

Neil DeGrasse Tyson will lead us into the starry beyond of the grand horizon, to God Himself and we will look upon the face of God and will be immortalized as Neill Degrasse Tyson.

Dammit, NotTheGuyYouKill (I'm just gonna call you NTGYK, I don't know how else to call you), now I need a Carl Sagan quote at the beginning of the movie for it to be complete (considering that Neil has helped me rediscover Cosmos).

The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

INTERSTELLAR

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I hope that is not a real plot synopsis...sounds terrible.

Will still see it, not the biggest Nolan fan but Inception was fantastic in theaters.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Inception's synopsis sounded kinda terrible too. It's too early to care about something like that.

Jimothy

I find him kind of insufferable even though I dig his message.

Tugatrix

I hope that is not a real plot synopsis...sounds terrible.

Will still see it, not the biggest Nolan fan but Inception was fantastic in theaters.

Yep it sounds, and until middle of the movie is very good but not great, I hope Nolan improve the script on this part's mostly

Yet the third act is amazing, it'll blow people mind's even more than inception...It's so much complex that I don't know if I fully get all that happen or "will happen"

I was really hyped for this movie when Spielberg was involved. Now, not so much, for some reason. I wonder how much did Nolan alter his brother's script.

Considering Lincoln, Warhorse and Indy 4 were his last 3 directing efforts with real life actors I'm really surprised about that statement (and yes, besides DDL & Lee Jones, Lincoln was garbage).

tino

Banned

You can't count on Spielberg do hard scifi justice. Nolan might still care. Although going by that synopsis, it's not multiverse hard sci-fi. It sounds like 12 monkey to me.

MYE

This being said in a Nolan thread is quite funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom