• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger Advance... Will it happen?

bard

Sure it'll happen. I think it's going to be released on the same day as Duke Nuk'em Forever (November 32, iirc)

I would just love a port to the DS. No gimmicky use of the touch screen except to maybe handle inventory stuff. Put all of the action on the nice top screen.

snapshot20060918025511.jpg

Someone remembers it.

AniHawk

rootdaemon said:
I would just love a port to the DS. No gimmicky use of the touch screen except to maybe handle inventory stuff. Put all of the action on the nice top screen.

Using the time travel aspect with both screens would ****ing rock.

Monk

Banned
rootdaemon said:

omg, the one game that could really benefit from the touch screen(for the battles), you dont want the touch screen for. :/

Isn't there a GBA game that hasn't been realeased yet, but has Chrono Trigger-like graphics? I don't remember what it's called, but it looked like the exact sprites were used.

SumGamer

kirbutashi said:
snapshot20060918025511.jpg

Someone remembers it.

When I first see that tank, I feel like punching someone from SQ-E in the face.
I dont think it will really happen but if Front Mission is on DS as well, why not one of the best RPG from Square!!!

I wish Square didn't stop the fanmade 3D Chrono Trigger game :( it looks very decent.

nakedsushi said:
Isn't there a GBA game that hasn't been realeased yet, but has Chrono Trigger-like graphics? I don't remember what it's called, but it looked like the exact sprites were used.
It moved to DS and its not from SQ either. Its from some indy studio. The game has so much Square RPG influence. Dont know if they found publisher yet.

jesusraz

SumGamer said:
It moved to DS and its not from SQ either. Its from some indy studio. The game has so much Square RPG influence. Dont know if they found publisher yet.

Whoa, wait a sec...what game are we talking about here??

SumGamer

jesusraz said:

I'm not even sure myself :p but a few weeks back there was this game that look just like out from Square itself. The style, the texture, everything is Square. It was being developped for GBA before moved to DS by some guys in Europe I think. The fighting system look very similar to CT + FF. Although I think it's interesting but I feel that the game lack of characteristic somehow. Someone know the game I'm talking about and can bring in some pics?

Best RPG ever made.

I would love for it to be slightly updated and put on GBA.

Chances of it happening? Unfortunately, very low.

Kaeru

Banned
Ryun1 said:
It amazes me that this isn't one of those huge franchises that Squenix is so great at pumping out. I LOVED, chrono trigger, but never played Chrono Cross. Was it bad? Did it kill the series?

Chrono Cross was a top 2 rpg on the ps1, probably tied with FFVII.
From the graphics to the musical score, and storywise, Chrono Cross had those things. Easily the most beutiful PS1 rpg.

jesusraz said:

It's called Project Exile, and apparently people who saw it remarked on it's similarity to both Chrono Trigger and FFVI.

Of course, having never played Chrono Trigger or FFVI, I can't comment on that aspect, but it looked decent.

If you want to know more, search 'Studio Archcraft' on Yahoo or Google or something.

Top Bottom