• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chuck E. Cheese’s plans to grow sales by targeting adult palates with improved menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
a7ZMftb.jpg

holy shit... that purple thing!

Dave and Busters has adults and Peter Piper is better place for a family party that has multiple adults considering they have better food, beer, and sports on TV. I went to Chuck E Cheese last year and it was pretty gross and outdated.

ZiZ

who thought that having a rat as a mascot for a pizza place was a good idea? look at him, he looks sleazy as fuck.

shapeimage_1.png

None of this matters considering I don't have a kid to take with me. Letting adults without kids in to play on the arcade machines would be a good way to grow sales while targeting adults.

Is there a better alternative for kids?

I haven't been to a Chuck E. Cheese in about 10-15 years. I did one party there as a kid.

In the North Texas area most of the b-day parties I went to were at Celebration Station.

Mini-golf, arcade, go karts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>animatronic rat king and his shitty pizza.

The idea that someone would pick Chuck E. Cheese as the place to grab a take out pizza is certainly a brazen one. Let's see how it plays out for them.

I have no idea what some of you are talking about. They put the stamp on everyone going in and check it on the way out. I'm a guy and have taken my kids to different Chuck E Cheeses a gazillion times alone and have never been checked except when leaving. And I'm not even the same race as my son (China adoption) so it's not like he looks like me.

In Minneapolis as a kid, we didn't have Chuck E. Cheese. Instead, we had Circus Pizza which was pretty great. Now as an adult and with with Circus long gone, Chuck E. Cheese has infested the Twin Cities for the better part of 15 years. Without the nostalgia to fog my experience, I can confidently say this place is utter shit. Horrible food. High prices. Crappy games. Also, my son and his friends could've given a rats ass about the characters (pun intended).

Dave and Buster's is no prize, but a hell of a lot better for kids and adults alike. I can drink beer, get a double cheeseburger with some points for $15, and it has a row of these bastards:

pinballPetes_daytona2.jpg

Which, honestly - the kids love as much as I do.

I tagged along with a friend who was couch shopping and we ducked into a chuck e cheese to get a beer. It was a 24 oz one and we got a pizza too. Two limit though, I thought they were going to give us shit for no having a kid but they were cool with it, was a slow day.

^they didn't have that wristband shit when we went, it's gotten bad like that now?

I had no idea Chuck E Cheese had beer. I don't think I'd want to pay whatever they're asking for whatever beer they have though.

ALM5252

I enjoy Chuck E Cheese because all the games are one token / a quarter.

I go there for my birthday as tradition still. Dont normally order food, but do go for the games. lol

I'm 20 btw...

I went to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time in like 20 years back in February for my nephew's birthday party. The pizza was god awful like somebody slathered pizza sauce and cheese on a cardboard box and threw it in an oven.

My dad used to work for them years and years ago as like the head account for the region or something.l, so we always used to go when I was a kid. It's really changed from being this kind of dingy place with nightmarish animatronics and a guy in a tuxedo rat suit to... just something with no character or personality in general. I didn't like it. I guess I'm looking l back in it with nostalgia though, of course haha.

Village

Ï̢̡̧͕̮͉͉͚̣̥̝͓̼̞̩̦͕̪̤̠̔͐̐̎̇̊̔̌͋̎͌̇͘t̶̢͔͚̭̉̔ͤ̇ͫ̄̓͑͆͗͆͂̈͌̏̉̚ͅs̸̨̱͈̥̯̪͇̗̟͙̘̠̼̲̰͐̔̏͐͌͐̂͆ͨ̔́̑͆̿͊̐ ̶̡̣̘̝̘̱͙̰͕̞͕͍̯̼͍̣ͮ̒̊̀̊͡m͋ͣ̀ͫ͌̉ͥͧ̚̕҉̴̙͇̝̜̞͎̣͈̘͖͓͚̖̕ê̞͉̖͇͓̫̮̟̮͓͕̱̯̖̜̫̦̘̋̊ͥ͐̈́̏̔̽̕͝

Shit is horrifying

I went to chuck e cheese a few years ago for some coworker's kid bday and it was a wholly miserable experience. food sucked, kids running around everywhere, place was a dump. I don't remember anything about being given a pedo side eye but then I was also with my wife.

the pizza was cici's tier. groce.

genjiZERO

I took my friend's and their kids there over the summer. The idea is cool, but the pizza is fucking dreadful. I don't see why they can't make it better.

That's nice, but their stance of assuming that any adult male is a pedophile is a pretty big deterrent to adults. Try and go in a for a little bit with your kids without your wife, it's pretty fun getting your wristband checked to make sure it matches your kids' bands multiple times per visit.
Mother of..is THAT what goes on nowadays? My kids practically lived at Chucks for a couple of years (it was blocks away, and I sucked at saying no to my little girl). That was about a decade ago. I'd flip out if I got that treatment..fuck that.

Not gonna say I don't get it, but nah..

Most of their locations are shady. But the one I went to as a kid had multiple levels and a dimly lit arcade cool vibe. I loved it. The ones I see now are really small and brightly lit, so you can see all the grossness.

I did take my fiancee there for Valentine's Day though. Don't judge me! She had never been to one and I thought it would be a quirky, fun time. It was a decent enough time. Food was terrible. They did serve wine though. Wasn't great either.

And no pedophile checks on us.

Also forgot to mention that I was very disappointed with the game selection. All stupid ticket lottos. Where is the 6 player X-Men arcade cabinet of my youth?

I had no idea Chuck E Cheese had beer. I don't think I'd want to pay whatever they're asking for whatever beer they have though.

It was about 9-10 years ago so I don't know if they serve beer anymore. It was like 5 bucks for a 24 oz cup with a two drink limit.

Edit: hell yeah they still do, and pitchers as well! I know where I am having my birthday next.

pikablu

Never knew you couldn't go if you didn't have a kid. Is there a cutoff age or something? Can't believe they have a wrist band check thing in place.

Jesus.

I think I had only been to Chuck E. like once, and it was when I was really, really young. I don't think I paid any attention to the stage and just wanted to play video games.

Maybe I suppressed the memories, but that shit is legitimately nightmare fuel.

And then seeing them compared to the FNAF animatronics side by side like that, eesh. No wonder.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Im surprised that the franchise is still in business truthfully have not heard that name in over 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom