• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chuck versus the NeoGAF - The Official Season 3 Thread - Mondays on NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Chuck versus the Final Exam last night. They start off with the "Three Days Later" of Chuck apparently shooting the mole. It works reasonably well in this case, but I feel like a lot of shows rely on this device too much these days. Casey as a civilian trying to run things at the Buy More is good stuff - particularly him against Jeffster, and we have our most blatent Subway product placement yet. Chuck's stakeout and unveiling of the mole is a bunch of typical slapstick Chuck physical comedy, though Sarah continues to bring things down with her fears that Chuck is changing. Actually pretty tense when it gets down to the red test with Chuck being asked to kill the mole. Casey comes through in the clutch to bail Chuck out, and predictably, Sarah thinks Chuck did it and freaks out. Shaw's all giddy that chuck passed, and Sarah's upset about Chuck along with the memories of her own red test *foreshadowing*. Ends on a cliffhanger with Chuck leaving for Washington and his gig in Rome. It's an ok episode overall, but they don't do a good job balancing the light and heavy stuff (humor vs real spy drama) like they do in other episodes like Santa Claus.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Cornballer said:
Shaw's all giddy that chuck passed, and Sarah's upset about Chuck along with the memories of her own red test *foreshadowing*.

I remember jokingly posting after the episode first aired that the person Sarah shot in her red test would be Shaw's wife and how stupid it would be. Of course two weeks (or was it one week) later we find out that is who it was. :lol I guess it led to Shaw becoming a villain (and more importantly a worthwhile character) so I can't get too upset about it.

I just dug that up :lol
Screaming_Gremlin said:
- They better not have that lady Sarah killed on her first mission be Shaw's wife. Actually it might be sort of hilarious for just how stupid of a plot point it would be.

Also, the episode included this scene:
SarahLegs-1.gif

Chuck S3 Rewatch

Chuck S3E12: "Chuck Versus the American Hero"
Day 12: Wednesday, September 8th
Original Air Date: March 29th, 2010

2e0s09g.jpg

IMDB said:
When Chuck has to select a partner for an important undercover mission, Casey, Devon, and Morgan conspire to make sure he chooses Sarah.

k9uvz8.jpg

No streams available.

More casting from Ausiello:
Exclusive: Freddy Krueger to terrorize 'Chuck'

Chuck‘s latest casting coup is a dream come true: The NBC spyomedy has tapped the original Freddy Krueger—a.k.a. Robert Englund—to guest star in next month’s Halloween episode, sources confirm to me exclusively.

Englund will play
Dr Stanley Wheelwright, an evil scientist who can make your waking life a nightmare. He’ll appear in this season’s sixth episode, titled “Chuck Versus Aisle of Terror."

BJK

I bought Seasons 1 & 2 on Blu-Ray as soon as they were available.

...am I the only person who looked at the Price Tag for Season 3 and said to themselves:

"I can wait for that to go on sale."

Granted, it certainly helps that Season 3 is still taking up space on my TiVo, but I can't bring myself to pay $45 for Shaw.

Season 4 can't come soon enough!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I really don't know if I even want to own Season 3. I picked up 1, and going pick up 2 this Christmas. But 3.0 is just too much meh. I may just stick with the first 2. I guess it depends on how season 4 will be. If it is great, i'll probably get 3 to finish it off,

Screaming_Gremlin

It did seem the BRD price was a bit high. Something like $48 on Amazon. While I am pretty down on season 3 as a whole, there were still plenty of great episodes. I don't regret ordering it at all.

Wads

Banned
Same, although I did have 15 off at best buy. I would have bought it anyway though. IMO, Episode 9 onward is pure Chuck awesomeness. And there are quite a few really good episodes in the first 8.

edit...this part 2 is running like total ass for me.

- From Parade Magazine: 10 Reasons to Catch Up on Chuck

Moving on to Chuck versus the American Hero in my rewatch. Chuck's in DC acting like himself and we get to see Beckman in person again. He heads back to LA to try and win Sarah from Shaw helped by Casey, Morgan, and Awesome - what could possibly go wrong? Shaw's date with Sarah gets interrupted by both Morgan and the Ring, followed by the Ring asking Shaw to stop by for a chat with the director. Shaw runs off to bomb the Ring base (and probably die in the process) with Jeffster stalking him. (Jeff: "This is my blue period.") Shaw meets with the director and we find out the truth about his wife's death with elicits the epic, Vader-esque "Nooooooooooo!" out of Shaw. Chuck rescues Shaw, and seemingly wins back Sarah, but sneaky Shaw grabs her at the end of the episode.

s1qd75.jpg

Kind of a clunky episode though it does have its moments. I think my biggest problem with it is that it takes so long to get to this point, and I feel like they've hammered away at the same issues (Sarah is sad and feels like she's losing Chuck, Chuck wants Sarah back but she won't return his calls) for a long stretch. I like where they ended up (Shaw as a villain), but it should've been done a little more quickly.

Spitz

Buy Hard Episode 2 on Youtube now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs-plwN_GCc

Rewatching all 3 seasons now. Yesterday i saw Episodes 1-7 from the first season. This is the first time i see season 1 and 2 with the original voices and not in German. They did a great Job with season 1 and 2 in German but with 5.1 and original voices it sounds really awesome.

I want more of Carina and Morgan in season 4 please :D

Chuck S3 Rewatch

Chuck S3E13: "Chuck vs. the Other Guy"
Day 13: Thursday, September 9th
Original Air Date: April 5th, 2010

wmgkmd.jpg

IMDB said:
Morgan considers quitting the Buy More. Chuck, Sarah, and Shaw go after the Ring operative who killed Shaw's wife.

2rnd749.jpg

No streams available.

Short summary for episode 4.02:
“Chuck vs. the Suitcase”

Chuck and Sarah go under cover in Milan during Fashion Week to retrieve a high-tech secret weapon; Morgan discovers a fatal flaw that compromises the new Buy More.

Wads

Banned
Wow, that thing is hideous... They should have went with green with yellow lettering. Or, anything to avoid having the entire thing be yellow...

RevoDS

Wads said:
Wow, that thing is hideous... They should have went with green with yellow lettering. Or, anything to avoid having the entire thing be yellow...

Personally, I'd have gone for white with

buymore_logo.jpg

Meier

Did I post this yet? I got a personalized pic from Ryan McPartlin. Turns out his dad is the president of one of the furniture vendors we work with. He sends out emails every week telling the people in the office to tune in apparently. :lol

http://twitpic.com/2fmxr3

Screaming_Gremlin said:
Are the NBC Store people the same interns that update the NBC Chuck website?
Kinda getting that feeling. :lol

Speaking of which, the Chuck website hasn't updated yet with S4 info. Kind of annoying because I wanted to use a few things for the S4 OP.

Random aside - have they shown any Chuck promos during the football game tonight on NBC? I've been watching on and off, but I only saw promos for The Event and Undercovers.

Screaming_Gremlin

Cornballer said:
Random aside - have they shown any Chuck promos during the football game tonight on NBC? I've been watching on and off, but I only saw promos for The Event and Undercovers.

I'm watching the Auburn/Miss St. game on ESPN, but from what I read over at Something Awful they did show a promo. At least during the pregame music anyway. Not sure if they have since.

Speaking of SA, they just put up their S4 thread. You got some competition for OP this year Cornballer (well, at least the cast part).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3346592

Screaming_Gremlin said:
Speaking of SA, they just put up their S4 thread. You got some competition for OP this year Cornballer (well, at least the cast part).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3346592
Yeah, I took a look at that this morning. Very impressive OP! Mine is going to be very similar to last year with a few alterations - not sure if I can compete with that.

I guess if there's a new promo it should be up on youtube and NBC.com pretty soon.

Chuck S3 Rewatch

Chuck S3E14: "Chuck vs the Honeymooners"
Day 14: Friday, September 10th
Original Air Date: April 26th, 2010

ic697o.jpg

IMDB said:
Chuck and Sarah encounter enemy spies while on a train trip through Europe and must rely on the CIA's newest team for help: Casey and Morgan.

xd9rfq.jpg

- Stream available on Hulu and NBC.com <-- Note that there are streams for the rest of the season if anyone wants to follow along.

Screaming_Gremlin

The full logline for "Chuck vs. the Suitcase" was released.

CHUCK AND SARAH TRAVEL TO FASHION WEEK IN MILAN TO RETRIEVE A HIGH-TECH SECRET WEAPON -- KAROLINA KURKOVA, LOU FERRIGNO, AND ISAIAH MUSTAFA GUEST STAR -- When Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) go undercover in Milan, Chuck realizes the "Achilles' Heel" in their relationship, but must set personal issues aside for the mission. Meanwhile, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) recognizes a fatal flaw that compromises the new Buy More. Elsewhere, Casey struggles to put down roots in Burbank. Bonita Friedericy, Vik Sahay and Scott Krinsky also star.

Screaming_Gremlin

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
Yvonne just tweeted this a few minutes ago. Wonder what EP will we see this thing:

Having a stand off, gun in each others face type thing, with Linda Hamilton right now :)

I think they are filming the 6th episode right now, so probably that one.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sorry for the megabump, but only just getting round to watching this. Only finished episode 3 so far, so please no spoilers.

I'm feeling odd about this season, the same feeling I get when watching The Last Action Hero. Something that is generally light and frothy in tone inserting shock and brutality seemingly out of the blue. It's so out of character. First emmet and now awesome. Yes, chuck has people being killed, but it's usually generic bad guys and no blood, usual action stuff. This felt forced and out of place.

Is this setting the tone for the rest of the season, because I dont like it. Chuck is supposed to be funny, lighthearted, with some dull will-they-wont-they syrup sticking it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom