• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CHVRCHS - The Bones Of What You Believe (September 23rd/24th) |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because reasons?

Really I don't know. Pretty sure Zane's explained it somewhere if you look for it. I've definitely seen many comments like yours on the Facebook page. I myself never watched Drive for some reason. But hey... new songs from Chvrches and other current bands for the effort and the original is always there. Win-win?

Yeah, it's a win-win, I'm just curious why.

not everyone thinks so

Well yeah not everyone thinks so, but not liking the soundtrack to a movie doesn't often prompt people to rescore it. I'm just wondering what the reason is.

big ander

Yeah, it's a win-win, I'm just curious why.

Well yeah not everyone thinks so, but not liking the soundtrack to a movie doesn't often prompt people to rescore it. I'm just wondering what the reason is.

from what I can tell ostensibly the reason is that Drive's soundtrack was so good and inspiring that artists want to directly pay tribute to it

I'd say realistically it's for money, but I'm not sure how much a BBC airing of it one time would really make. now, if they sell the re-score digitally and/or physically to capture the market that's still paying way too much to get the Drive soundtrack on super uber limited exclusive edition pink glam glow-inthe-dark ebola-cure 6,000g vinyl, that'll really explain it

from what I can tell ostensibly the reason is that Drive's soundtrack was so good and inspiring that artists want to directly pay tribute to it

I'd say realistically it's for money, but I'm not sure how much a BBC airing of it one time would really make. now, if they sell the re-score digitally and/or physically to capture the market that's still paying way too much to get the Drive soundtrack on super uber limited exclusive edition pink glam glow-inthe-dark ebola-cure 6,000g vinyl, that'll really explain it

Yeah, I guess that's all there is to it.

Definitely not the new vocals I was hoping for. Just let Mayberry sing and keep Doherty away from the mic.

Sai-kun

Banned
Really rad video, and I'm in love with the new vocals. Wish it had more of Martin's dancing in the video
KuGsj.gif
:D

I was a fan after The Mother We Share, dipped a bit, then got the album. Like a good portion of it, then saw them live.

They're not particularly great live, but their stage setup is fucking phenomenal and adds a whole lot to the experience (just like M83 relies on it).

REALLY like what I've heard of Dead Air.

AHA-Lambda

Saw them live in Glasgow a couple nights ago, second time I've seen them live ^_^

They also played Dead Air, loved it :D

And my God the crowd got incredibly rowdy toward the end, more so than usual for any gig I've been to anyway:/

Their lead singer's appearance is likely a huge part of it.

This is like her 3rd band, the only that got popular/mainstream. And much of their early success/popularity began on social media, music blogs and Hype Machine where it was just the music without any pictures of the band.

big ander

okay so, for a while it was kind of a joke. but at this point chvrches legitimately have about as many covers as they do original songs. what's the game here

Monocle

okay so, for a while it was kind of a joke. but at this point chvrches legitimately have about as many covers as they do original songs. what's the game here
Who knows, but it means we're probably hearing more songs than we would otherwise, so I'm cool with it. I love their sound and welcome any amount of covers they want to do, just as long as they don't literally turn into a cover band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom