• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CHVRCHS - The Bones Of What You Believe (September 23rd/24th) |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCharlie

Banned
the best album of last year - i recommended it to pretty much everyone i know and EVERYONE loves it

at the moment a little obsessed with Night Sky

the best album of last year - i recommended it to pretty much everyone i know and EVERYONE loves it
Although I do like it a great deal, it's really nowhere close. The singles are great across the board but as an album it doesn't really surpass good. It lacks a real driving energy or thematic core that a pop AOTY needs .

ampere

They're playing some free show in Philly tomorrow, gonna go since I'm in the area for work. Supposedly first come first serve so we'll see if it fills up too fast

sca2511

Just watched their performance for "Recover" on NBC.com, except one or two things, I didn't see what was awful? Seemed like the usual.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The problem is that they keep doing Recover live. I've never heard a good live version of that song.

NinjaBoiX

I really love them on record, but from the bits I've seen live they are really more of a studio band. I've never been all that impressed by their live performances, particular Lauren's voice.

I have the same problem with Yeah Yeah Yeahs and I adore that band.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
They'll play on the Hurricane festival in Germany and I have tickets. Here's my second chance to see them live, after a freaking storm destroyed the first one.

Mdot

The problem is that they keep doing Recover live. I've never heard a good live version of that song.

They ripped it pretty hard at Terminal 5 on Friday. Crowd was so into it. Only problems I had with the show were 1) they played Lies way too early (2nd song, but they admitted they were planning on playing it later and it was a mistake with it queued up or something) and 2) Lauren is awesome but she kind of just stands there most of the time. She addressed the criticisms of her stage presence too, but I found it ironic since not much changed.

Either way, great show and a ton of fun.

ampere

I really enjoyed their performance on Saturday in Philly. Didn't really enjoy the other two bands (Cherub and Phantogram).

The show had the usual downside of a free show, being super overcrowded, people shuffling through the crowd constantly, and some folks acting like general idiots, but it was worth it.

Pic:
u1yri33.jpg

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
It's just churches, like church + es.

No need to rage about it :p

It annoys me is all. Seems pretentious to do the weird thing with the V. I get annoyed by stuff like that. It's petty, but I do.

Anyway. Thanks for clearing that up.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It annoys me is all. Seems pretentious to do the weird thing with the V. I get annoyed by stuff like that. It's petty, but I do.

The only reason why they did it is so that it could be found in search engines. It's not pretentious, it's just a product of our time.

faridmon

Who, then you are going to be super pissed about those artists and bands who play Which House and Experimental Chillwave...

FloatOn

Just watched their performance for "Recover" on NBC.com, except one or two things, I didn't see what was awful? Seemed like the usual.

really flat most of the time and the delivery just wasn't there.

I imagine in a non-televised event she is way more confident.

Didn't know there was a Chvrches OT.

Apparently they're playing in my city next month. Might just go see them if I get the time and cash.

C4Lukins

As others have said, Churches would be almost impossible to google. There was a band called Texas in the 90's. Good luck looking them up. Actually it is not that hard, but you get the idea.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just saw them last night with my girl

great set and if my girl ever leaves me i know who i'm wooing next

While listening to Third Rock Radio a track played that had me sit back and listen. Great vocals with an amazing beat, but I couldn't match them with anyone I heard before. So, I turned to the Googles and discovered It was a song called Lies by CHVRCHES.

Now I own the album.

Mission

Just finished watching the show from the forum on Chvrch.es a second time. Did they do the New Order style guitar on Tether for every show? I've totally missed it on any other gigs I've watched.

antigoon

I absolutely love this record. After seeing a couple live videos, I thought their show would be a bit underwhelming but I got to see them on May 3 at Terminal 5 in New York and they just tore the house down. Excellent, excellent show.

AND THAT STAGE PRODUCTION MY GOD.

sca2511

I guess CHVRCHES released a new version of their Deluxe edition from The Bones of What You Believe. It contains Strong Hand, Broken Bones, ZVVL & Now Is Not The Time. Plus new/studio versions of Recover, The Mother We Share, Gun, It's Not Right But It's Okay, & Tightrope. Only iTunes for now. I'll wait to get it from Amazon/Google, if it does.

iTunes

I guess CHVRCHES released a new version of their Deluxe edition from The Bones of What You Believe. It contains Strong Hand, Broken Bones, ZVVL & Now Is Not The Time. Plus new/studio versions of Recover, The Mother We Share, Gun, It's Not Right But It's Okay, & Tightrope. Only iTunes for now. I'll wait to get it from Amazon/Google, if it does.

iTunes

Damn just in the Australian store, have to do some changing region magic on iTunes.

ITunes is DRM free now, no need to wait for Google/Amazon

Listened to the new tracks on the Deluxe Edition. They sound pretty good, love the variation. I hope when I see them at Lollapalooza in August they maybe switch it up and play some of the re-recorded versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom