• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CHVRCHS - The Bones Of What You Believe (September 23rd/24th) |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mononoke

Banned
So...

I've been listening to this album for a month and half now and I have to say it's easily one of my favorite albums this year. I like every track. It's just great.

Just saw them last night in Oakland. They're definitely great live!

Sorry to hear about the above poster's car getting broken into. I always have the fear that I'm going to see broken glass around my car after concerts.

freshair

Seeing them tonight!

Did they have an opener? On the Facebook event and venue site it doesn't list one.

Trying to see what time I have to leave OC to make it to LA tonight.

overcast

Damn I really want to see them live, but none of my friends like their music. I've never gone to a show alone.
Trust me, it's easy to have fun at a concert alone. Talk to people, dance with people, and maybe establish connections. I almost prefer it to going with friends now, honestly. I wouldn't have thought so a year ago, but I've gone to quite a few in the past 6 months and it's great.

Try it out one day.

freshair

Seeing them tonight!

Did they have an opener? On the Facebook event and venue site it doesn't list one.

Trying to see what time I have to leave OC to make it to LA tonight.

Answered my own question by looking at the venue's twitter from their Oakland stop. :D

Basecamp is their opener and is about a standard ~1 hour set.

sca2511

Sorry to hear your car got broken into :(

Just saw them last night in Oakland. They're definitely great live!

Sorry to hear about the above poster's car getting broken into. I always have the fear that I'm going to see broken glass around my car after concerts.

Thanks. I guess I should've parked in a garage. I couldn't even get mad though, the show was amazing. I just cleared the glass and started driving home, bumpin' CHVRCHES. My GF even thought I was crazy for not getting upset.

joey-shrug.gif

Jm75jjq.gif

overcast

Saw them at The Wiltern last night! They were terrific. Really likable and Lauren sounds great live. She talked in between and was funny/cute. The guy singer brought a lot of energy even though his voice live doesn't transition well. I will definitely be seeing them again when they tour. Great venue too.

Couple side notes. Second time I've gone to a concert in downtown LA/Hollywood. Second time most of the crowd just stands around. The pocket I was in danced quite a bit, and I always do. Frustrating though. I usually go in OC/SD and they are preferable I think.

Funnily enough, like the sca above me I had car troubles. I was hanging out with some friends I met while waiting to meet the band. Lost track of time and the garage was locked with my car in it. I had to go all around LA before finding a place to stay. DIDNT EVEN MEET LAUREN.

Awesome time though.

GhaleonQ

Can't wait to meet and marry the singer.

She was wearing a ring in a recent performance, some person commented on it on Facebook, and they replied (nicely but curtly) that he should mind his own business. So, it sounds like she's taken, sorry! I'm sure your love would transcend borders and vows, though!

Ghost23

It's hard to get a dancing audience for a band like Chvrches. The main singer doesn't move much and because most of the music is electronic, it's just more difficult to have a crazy stage presence.

Still, I want to see them live!

Xun

Sorry for the bump but I finally got around to listening to them.

I didn't think I'd enjoy their music, but they're actually pretty good.

They remind me of a modern day Cocteau Twins in some regards.

Grifter

She was wearing a ring in a recent performance, some person commented on it on Facebook, and they replied (nicely but curtly) that he should mind his own business. So, it sounds like she's taken, sorry! I'm sure your love would transcend borders and vows, though!

can i like this post? how do i like this post?

Mdot

Going to check them out live at Terminal 5 in May. Super pumped. Great venue that I've seen some awesome bands at. Ready to add them to the list.

Vyer

stuck this whole album on a playlist without knowing much about it. Really liking it. Mother We Share, Recover, Night Sky and Lungs are my faves and will be staying on that list.

Monocle

You are basically saying one half of the album is 10/10 and the other half is 9/10. It's really good, but that's a stretch.
OK, 9/10 and no lower. For me this is one of those rare albums that has no must-skip tracks, with well over half being good enough for a permanent place on my playlist.

Pimpwerx

Hey, I know about this group because of FIFA14. I love We Sink. Might be my favorite song on the game soundtrack. PEACE.

lttp but Under the Tide was the most energetic song they played live. the singer like... slid around the stage with his dance. it was mesmerizing. and awesome. i've liked that song a lot more after hearing it live
CHVRCHES cover of Lorde's Team.

YT Link
not bad, not bad, but I don't actually like the original song that much and this isn't too different. chvrches generally have the raddest covers.

Sai-kun

Banned
lttp but Under the Tide was the most energetic song they played live. the singer like... slid around the stage with his dance. it was mesmerizing. and awesome. i've liked that song a lot more after hearing it live

Totally feel the same. I remember seeing them the first time back in early 2013 and UtT was probably my favorite part of their set. It's a really fantastic song, and the energy is totally different live compared to the album version, in a great way.

TFORTOM

Neo Member

Having seen them live twice now I can once again confirm that Martin's performance is still the highlight of the show. I understand people's reservations with the song itself, but it really is something that needs to be experienced live. The crowd just goes absolutely crazy once he got into his zone.

sca2511

I like the cover, a sort of different take on the original song. More lively and upbeat, but that could be due to me liking the melody.

When I saw them in concert and saw Martin dancing wildly during Under the Tide, I was sort of shocked. Lauren didn't really move around much during the show, then all of a sudden Martin comes on and bam, crazayyy.

Mononoke

Banned

not bad, not bad, but I don't actually like the original song that much and this isn't too different. chvrches generally have the raddest covers.

I loved their Arctic Monkey cover.

EDIT: Yeahhhh. I don't think Lorde's vocals work with the lead singers. Also, the mixing is weird (the guys vocals are too low).

Majine

Banned
I'm very late to the party but this album has consumed me for the last 2 weeks or so. The electronic sound and her voice. A match made in heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom