• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CHVRCHS - The Bones Of What You Believe (September 23rd/24th) |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magypsy

So I found out about this band and album about a week ago and I absolutely love it. Went to check if they were performing somewhere in the area, and they are! In Amsterdam! And it's fucking sold out.

I usually don't care too much about missing out on a gig, but man this is some really good shit. They have another gig planned in Amsterdam in March but I'll be in San Francisco at the time.

:-(

So I found out about this band and album about a week ago and I absolutely love it. Went to check if they were performing somewhere in the area, and they are! In Amsterdam! And it's fucking sold out.

I usually don't care too much about missing out on a gig, but man this is some really good shit. They have another gig planned in Amsterdam in March but I'll be in San Francisco at the time.

:-(

Add them on twitter, they are very good at retweeting fans selling tickets for face value. That's how I got my mate extra tickets to a gig the last time they played here.

Also, seeing them tomorrow and Friday. Yas!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
tumblr_msgjuqVzro1sh5mxqo1_250.gif

Gutted.

AHA-Lambda

Seen them last night in Glasgow, so good! :D

Even some of the songs I wasn't too fond of on the album were actually quite good live. I actually like them more live than on the album, can't say that very often xD

I really like Mothers, Gun and Recover but I can't seem to get into the other tracks on this album.

still really enjoy this band though.

rakhir

I love this band, but it's damn hard to watch their videos - that guy always wears that fucking terrible cap on his head. I loathed every person i've met that had anything resembling that thing on them.

sqwarlock

I can't even count how many times I've listened this album, and I picked up the vinyl last week.

So bummed that they're not coming to Phoenix anytime soon though. :(

DagsJT

Giving this a listen now and currently on track 4. First song was brilliant but the last few just haven't been anywhere near as good personally.

Milchjon

Giving this a listen now and currently on track 4. First song was brilliant but the last few just haven't been anywhere near as good personally.

I took a while to warm up to the second half of the album. Love Strong Hand now.

Tether/Lies are the best.

Adore this album. I've yet to find a person who doesn't instantly fall in love with them after hearing The Mother We Share.

Tether is far and away my favourite though. Almost like a mini musical journey, so beautifully done.

vulva

I saw them live a month or so back. It was really great, the singer was ripping on Metallica and the Some Kind Of Monster movie, it really hit home for me. Overall pretty cool show, great stage energy.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I saw them live a month or so back. It was really great, the singer was ripping on Metallica and the Some Kind Of Monster movie, it really hit home for me. Overall pretty cool show, great stage energy.

Hmm, wasn't like that for me. Lauren seemed kinda out of it, we didn't even get an encore. She complained about her voice though, she had a big cup of tea on stage.

Under the Tide was the best performance of the night, that song live compared to album version... night and day.

Helmholtz

Listened to the album. Pretty good, catchy pop music, reminds me of M83 and Purity Ring a bit. And their lead singer is a cutie.

omgkitty

Can't wait to meet and marry the singer.

Get in line!

Seriously though, the more I think about it, the more I realize how creepy it is to idolize famous women on the internet. Imagine if you actually met her and she turned out to be really great and you actually had a shot at dating her or something. Wouldn't it feel super awkward knowing the fact that you actually talked about it on the internet? Totally not saying it's wrong as I do it all the time, just feels like it would super weird if some famous girl you fantasized about turned out to be a real situation you found yourself in.

Been listening to this album quite a lot. I like it quite a lot, and Lauren has become my indie waifu.

But I can only give it a 6/10 in terms of quality, purely because of how I only can really get into, at the most, 7 or 8 of the tracks. Tether and By The Throat don't do much for me, and Under The Tide and You Caught The Light are just so unappealing.

Also, I hate how compressed the album sounds. There's basically little difference between listening to it in my car stereo and on my mono phone speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom