• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CHVRCHS - The Bones Of What You Believe (September 23rd/24th) |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnesiac

Just saw them tonight in Royal Oak, MI. Fucking amazing. I need to listen to more of their stuff. "Lies" is my favorite.

-Kees-

I've known of them since The Mother We Share from about a year ago and a few of the singles since. I liked them a lot but didn't get around to listening to their album until a few days ago. I listened to it twice and watched the Glastonbury set and a number of other live performances on YouTube. They've been on a constant loop in my head since. I may need an intervention.

Wait, you mean I can download music from them in 320kbps CBR without using iTunes?

iTunes software is still involved to purchase the album but they are 256kbps AAC DRM free tracks means you can just load it in whichever music player/phone you prefer. Just drag and drop to your device or player and you're good to go.

Sorry for the super late reply, lol. Just came from the Linkin Park/Chvrches thread.

As someone who does not really listen to pop music, this is actually pretty damn good. I might have to check this band out a bit more.

I definitely think Lauren's live singing has gotten a lot better recently. I always thought her pre-album singing could be incredibly patchy (the Pitchfork performance of Now Is Not The Time, for example), but she's improved considerably.

SnowTeeth

Banned
I'm totally late to the party with these guys. I'm in love with them so far, particularly Gun, Lies, Recover and Night Sky..and Science / Visions and hell yeah pretty much the whole album.

Slowdive

Banned
UK tour announced:

BuviE-tIUAAfxLR.jpg:large

Looking forward to seeing them again in Manchester.

They've been touring like crazy. I saw them at Bonnaroo and they played a solid set and sounded really good. Lauren interacted with the audience She commented on how juvenile we were because someone drew a penis on a blow up beach ball. I laughed it off. She does have a politically correct streak that kind of turns me off though. I can look past it because their music is so blissful.

Regardless, I'm ready for them to record some new music.

They've been touring like crazy. I saw them at Bonnaroo and they played a solid set and sounded really good. Lauren interacted with the audience She commented on how juvenile we were because someone drew a penis on a blow up beach ball. I laughed it off. She does have a politically correct streak that kind of turns me off though. I can look past it because their music is so blissful.

Regardless, I'm ready for them to record some new music.

She also pointed out the big blow up penis with a smiley face at their Lolla set last Friday. They put on a great show though, like always.

Saw them last night in Tampa. Fantastic show, had a lot of fun! They also played a unreleased song which was pretty cool!

Also, whoever was on Gaf in front of me at the venue, I salute you.

Necrovex

Saw them last night in Tampa. Fantastic show, had a lot of fun! They also played a unreleased song which was pretty cool!

Also, whoever was on Gaf in front of me at the venue, I salute you.

Holy shit. That was probably me! You should have said something! I was solo for that show since no one in my group cares for this amazing band. But yeah, that show was some god tier stuff.

Holy shit. That was probably me! You should have said something! I was solo for that show since no one in my group cares for this amazing band. But yeah, that show was some god tier stuff.

On the right side of The Ritz, in front of the steps? My GF and I were right behind you. Haha, crazy! I feel bad for not saying anything. Maybe a TampaGAF meetup is in order, hahaha.

Necrovex

On the right side of The Ritz, in front of the steps? My GF and I were right behind you. Haha, crazy! I feel bad for not saying anything. Maybe a TampaGAF meetup is in order, hahaha.

Hell yeah! That was me. I needed to kill time in between the opening act and Chvrches. Would have loved talking to another Gaffer. :p

Meier

If you ever see a GAFfer in real life, just go say hello. It's worth it.

They were fantastic at ACL -- saw them last November here at an outdoor show and it was fucking freezing.. like, in the 20s or low 30s. Everyone was miserable but they killed it. She referenced how different the temperature was from their last time through and those of us who were there could only nod in vigorous approval. I believe their performance from weekend 2 will be broadcast online so look for that on Friday (or Saturday? I forget).

Dany

Banned
May I reiterate how gorgeous they all are. She is adorable and when martin doherty sings his song
p0QHO.gif
They're so great live.

Did any GAFers go tonight?

It was pretty good. Lauren's stage presence kinda sucks though

Also scored like 6 free tickets to Lykke Li on Thursday so that's cool roo

Saw them at Osheaga, YouTubes of their live show does not do them justice (actually makes them sound kinda bad IMO).

Was one of the better shows I saw that weekend. Agreed that Under the Tide switched from no to go for me after seeing them live.

gotoadgo

Been getting in to these guys a little bit recently and think they're pretty good. They were in Australia at some point and recorded an Arctic Monkeys cover which I think is fantastic. If you haven't seen it, it's here

Megasoum

Banned
So I discovered them through The Mother We share via Forza Horizon 2 (actually had a bit of a bet going on with Turn 10 community manager lol) and now I can't stop listening to the album!

I'm glad to see from comments in here that their live shows are good. I have to admit that I was not exactly impressed after looking at live videos on youtube.

Also... That Night sky chorus... sooo goood.

Did any GAFers go tonight?

It was pretty good. Lauren's stage presence kinda sucks though

Also scored like 6 free tickets to Lykke Li on Thursday so that's cool roo

Yeah, the only complaint I have about them live is her stage presence. Seen them 3 times now and while worth it, I hope she gets more comfortable performing live. She just comes across as slightly nervous at times to me.

Mission

Big day for CHVRCHES fans...

a decent quality boot of Richard Pryor is out there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWJV9Kz7Bs8

and a new project
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=915778

with BBC's Zane Lowe to re-score the movie Drive and release it next week includes this very new sound for CHVRCHES in amazingly high quality. The bass in the last minute will blow you away.

CHVRCHES - Get Away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dIsMusTL7E
https://soundcloud.com/chvrches/chvrches-get-away

MattyG

Banned
I didn't know there was a Chvrches OT on Gaf, niceeeeee. They need to come to Maine sometime soon.
lol never gonna happen.

Aaaaand now I also want to watch Drive again.

jiiikoo

Banned
Have to admit the song Recovery is so beautiful, and the lead singers vocals are amazing. And oh my god she's cute as heck.

Mission

Why are they rescoring Drive? The soundtrack was perfect as is.

Because reasons?

Really I don't know. Pretty sure Zane's explained it somewhere if you look for it. I've definitely seen many comments like yours on the Facebook page. I myself never watched Drive for some reason. But hey... new songs from Chvrches and other current bands for the effort and the original is always there. Win-win?

I heard We Sink while playing FIFA 14 and liked it, so I looked them up. I think I'm hooked now.

It's funny but almost every year FIFA has at least one song on it's soundtrack that helps me discover a great band.

I've been enjoying this album for a while now. Didn't realise there was an OT for it until today.

Edwardo

I've been listening to this album so much lately. ScienceVisions has become my new favorite song on it. It's really close though, because I love most of them.

Mission

So this afternoon they posted about a song on the Hunger Games soundtrack and I thought we had a 3rd new song but once I was listening to them again on the way home I've realised that what people are calling "Richard Pryor" is actually "Dead Air". The good news is that means we'll get a studio version soon.

Necrovex

Yeah, the only complaint I have about them live is her stage presence. Seen them 3 times now and while worth it, I hope she gets more comfortable performing live. She just comes across as slightly nervous at times to me.

I'm surprised. She was talking about people fingerbanging at a club pretty casual at our show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom