• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CHVRCHS - The Bones Of What You Believe (September 23rd/24th) |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Saw them at Electric Picnic in Ireland on Sunday. They put on a great show and the songs and Lauren's voice/style comes off in a live setting.

Looking forward to the album

Sai-kun

Banned
Purity Ring, Charli XCX, AlunaGeorge, Mr. Little Jeans, possibly Glass Candy/Chromatics/italians do it better artists in general
EDIT: oh also MNDR but especially Blue Hawaii. Listen to Blue Hawaii.
Blue Hawaii - Sierra Lift

blue hawaii are fucking awesome, and even more awesome in live performance. Their shows are pretty different from their album. Much more dancey and energetic.

Does anyone know if their tours have merch? I need a tshirt and poster!

They had two different black tshirts (arrows and uh...fingerprint?) and a white tshirt (fingerprint). I didnt see any posters.

They only had womens in the black shirt with the arrows, but i went after the show ended so maybe they sold out...?

Yes. Yes it is. From the first seconds of Wings I was in love with them. Here's another song. First ep coming the 17th.

Good stuff, thanks!

I'm also thinking about this other group. I forgot their name but on one of their singles, music video had the girl walking around New York in an astronaut suit. Like shes going around jumping in parks and then sitting in her room and then walking around and whatever. I can't remember anything...anyone have any ideas?

Roubjon

I remember hearing about them a while ago through NPR Music and loving them. I'm really looking forward to their album, should be great.

Looking forward to this. I don't really ever download leaks these days since I just stream via rdio once stuff is released, so I've got a few more weeks to go, but I first heard them last year and was impressed and what they've released subsequently has been very good.

I'm shocked/amazed they're playing Stubb's already though. That's a major venue.

Edit: Cool, I was able to buy 2 tickets to the show at Stubb's via the link in the OP. Thanks Alex!

No problem Jon! Glad you got tickets to their show. When I saw them in May they played Lincoln Hall. Don't know if that venue was around before you left Chicago, but it's got amazing acoustics. Their show sounded amazing. Going to see them at the Metro on the 11th. Not a huge fan of the Metro as it can sound muddy, but I'm excited to see them again!

blue hawaii are fucking awesome, and even more awesome in live performance. Their shows are pretty different from their album. Much more dancey and energetic.

Yeah, I heard Blue Hawaii for the first time live, when they opened for Purity Ring. Was completely blown away.

Meier

No problem Jon! Glad you got tickets to their show. When I saw them in May they played Lincoln Hall. Don't know if that venue was around before you left Chicago, but it's got amazing acoustics. Their show sounded amazing. Going to see them at the Metro on the 11th. Not a huge fan of the Metro as it can sound muddy, but I'm excited to see them again!

Yep, it had been open for about 6-8 months (I think?) or so when we moved away. Fantastic place! Loved their Mac & Cheese. :)

Linius

Damn son, that's quite the OP for a small band like CHVRCHES. Awesome works!

Need to listen to the full album still but love the songs I already know. Saw them a few weeks back at Rock en Seine and Lauren spoke a bit French too. If you didn't love her already you'd certainly do after you heard that :p

Yep, it had been open for about 6-8 months (I think?) or so when we moved away. Fantastic place! Loved their Mac & Cheese. :)

The weirdest thing, when I went to see Jessie Ware there for a Lolla aftershow... some lady was going around handing out little cups of their Mac and Cheese. She gave us some and it was good, but really odd.

Linius

Now I'm listening to the album I realise how good their show was. I recognize a lot of the songs they did that time and I've only heard these songs that one time at the gig. Especially We Sink, Lies and Under The Tide stood out to me. Need to get me tickets to the Amsterdam show :D

EDIT

Crap, then I find out Deerhunter is on the same day :/

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
You rock OP! I discovered the Recover EP a few months back and was depressed I couldn't find anything else by them.

Roubjon

Is there anywhere I can purchase their music as lossless audio? Ugh, the fact that it's 2013 and this isn't easily available is so frustrating. Bandcamp is one of the few places that allows you to do this, but their music isn't on there.

Amazon it is then...

At least Amazon gave me $3 pity dollars for buying a bunch of textbooks that I can use to buy music.

Mission

I'll be a thorn in your side
Till you die
I'll be a thorn in your side
For always
We sink
We lift our love

Seeing the BBC sessions I'm glad they gave this song to Lauren. I don't mind the guy's songs but this one especially I love her performance.

Vally

I first heard about the band a couple months ago in the electronic music thread, and became a fan immediately after hearing some of their singles and the Recover EP.

The album is great, 'We sink', 'By the throat' and 'Night sky' are my favorites. The only song that I find a bit meh is the last one (not because it has the dude singing, I liked ZVVL, but this one is a bit boring)

"The Mother We Share" has received one hell of a re-mastering and production boost on the album version as compared to the demo. Sounds so much better.

Yeah I noticed that as well, the album version sounds better. Has Lies been remastered as well? I think it sounds a bit different too, though maybe that's just me.

big ander

No. Just annoyed by this band.

what annoys you

also my immediate instinct is to consider anyone who uses "hipsterish" as a pejorative a semi-dummy who isn't articulate enough to actually have opinions on content/form of music and thus runs with the buzzword they heard a kid at a party say once but if you can back it up to make it actually mean something I'd love to read it

Linius

what annoys you

also my immediate instinct is to consider anyone who uses "hipsterish" as a pejorative a semi-dummy who isn't articulate enough to actually have opinions on content/form of music and thus runs with the buzzword they heard a kid at a party say once but if you can back it up to make it actually mean something I'd love to read it

You describe my feelings about his posts very well. An empty post would have told me more than the words he used.

Mastadon

Banned
what annoys you

Damn :lol

Album is properly fantastic.

Been listening to the Miaoux Miaoux remix of The Mother We Share pretty religiously. I'm almost sorta sickened by how catchy it is.

Have to go deeper.

Generic hipsterish crap.

No. Just annoyed by this band.

If you find it that annoying, why even post with nothing constructive to say? I have no problem with someone not enjoying the same music, as music taste is subjective, but don't be one of those guys. Well, unless you just happen to be one of those guys.

I hate it when the word hipster is thrown around as an insult. It happens a lot here on GAF and really shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. Bye.

Also, big ander. <3

Sai-kun

Banned
what annoys you

marry me

Love them. Very excited for album, gutted I couldn't make the album launch as they were great when I saw them earlier this year.

Never knew one of the guys is from Aerogramme - love that band.

Wait, so if the OP is to be believed this is the group's first LP? Always assumed they had more. Either way, I like what I've heard and I'll pick this up.

Fantastic band. Saw them live at Webster Hall in NYC back in June; brilliant stuff.

I also love the Recover and TMWS videos, especially the last 30 seconds or so of the latter. A perfect visual metaphor for how great pop music can make me feel.

Wait, so if the OP is to be believed this is the group's first LP? Always assumed they had more. Either way, I like what I've heard and I'll pick this up.

Yes, they've only released two singles and an EP. They have been touring for a while with the albums worth of material though and have been selling out shows.

daffy

Banned
Mother We Share had me sweating on my sound system this morning. That final chorus had me floatin.

No one I know legitimately likes this though. They'll pretend when they see me grooving but whatever. This is that fresh out the salon shit.

gdt

Mother We Share had me sweating on my sound system this morning. That final chorus had me floatin.

No one I know legitimately likes this though. They'll pretend when they see me grooving but whatever. This is that fresh out the salon shit.

I don't even know what that means.

Lima

Polica is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Chvrches.

tumblr_mds9c4awfl1qi9d1ybs.gif

Can't wait for the new album in October and to see them live again next year in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom