• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines - Snowfall |OT| We Build This City on Mods and Poo

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
A bit pricey but its been a while I made a city so I might cave in.

Eh, I feel like it's a fairly decent price actually. This will be the first DLC I've bought since After Dark for CSL! Looking forward to having tons of blimps flying around my cities!

Orbis

$13 is pricey? After Dark was $15 and that had less stuff.
I think they've all been pretty fair to be honest. I've bought all of the main addons, partly for the content but partly to support the devs for their generous free patches that come for all users when an addon is released.

My personal hope is that after this addon they announce a sequel, I feel as though some of the game's more core issues will only be rectified in a new game. Really my only massive concerns are traffic logic and giving the visuals a bump.

Only 1 day till the Xbox One version is released!!! I'm super excited as I don't have a computer anymore that is powerful enough to run this game. Won't have a gaming laptop till this fall.

Skyzard

Banned
Man I want to get back into this. That mass transit trailer looks great too.

It's just almost a project designing from scratch.

I'd be happy just pretending I had infinite resources and develop a city but so damn hard to plan well lol.

I feel like I should be drawing things out on paper and researching city roads while doing it.

Pachimari

I've only ever played the base game, and it's tutorial on setting up electricity got me off the game. I should get back into it and buy the extensions next time they're on sale.

mcfrank

Interested to get some Xbox impressions. My Mac can't run this but I will get a new one whenever the new iMacs are released and I want this game either there or on Xbox.

Ballistik

Wait.. keyboard support? Is the Xbox going to let you use your keyboard... it already works for text chat in other games. I'd probably double dip if it supports it.

Edit: Looks like no support.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Interested to get some Xbox impressions. My Mac can't run this but I will get a new one whenever the new iMacs are released and I want this game either there or on Xbox.
My Mac does, it's a top of the line (Was at the time and kind of still is given the slow advancements of Intel lately) MacBook Pro with i7 and discrete GPU and it still slows down really badly later in the game. I watch all these YouTubers playing on their amazing gaming machines without a bit of slowdown. Damn Unity.

Karak

Ya dont want to say much but I think I can say that if the game has issues controls is absolutely without a shadow of a doubt not one of them.

Mobius 1

Wondering how this will behave on Xbox when you have a midsize to large city. My PC is nothing to scoff at (980Ti overclocked), and the performance suffers quite a bit when the city grows.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Wondering how this will behave on Xbox when you have a midsize to large city. My PC is nothing to scoff at (980Ti overclocked), and the performance suffers quite a bit when the city grows.

As there's only one game speed (no 2x nor 3x like on PC), it's very long to get a large city (when not using the all-unlocked option).
It's been confirmed on streams that there's only one speed so I can say it.

I've got the game on tuesday this week to make videos and in about 7-8 hours of gameplay I'm only at 3200 people and using less than half of the first tile. I still don't have access to high density zoning so it grows slowly.

Videos will be up in 5 hours (15:00 CET) on Gamersyde, weird embargo as the game is already out now.

Lucifon

Ya dont want to say much but I think I can say that if the game has issues controls is absolutely without a shadow of a doubt not one of them.

Thanks for dropping the review Karak. Is this a case of review embargos post release make no sense?

Karak's ACG review - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVYUVatruZA

Edit - Sounds pretty solid. Slightly janky framerate which I think everyone expected given how the PC version performs. In fact I'm surprised it runs as well as it does. Hopefully they can improve it and also release the missing DLC - I'd be happy to pay for it if it's the same price as the PC version. Interested to see how this'll perform on Scorpio.

Jintor

ugh maybe time to wipe all my mods and start again

the downside of the modding scene is that every expansion breaks like twenty mods

also the mod organisation is just terrible. terrrrible.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Well this is weird. I can't load any map themes. I can download them from the workshop and open them in the theme editor. But when I try to start a new map with a custom theme, it says that the theme is missing.

edit: Apparently reinstalling the game did the trick.

Jintor

man, the steam workshop interface is still so garbageeeeeeeeeee. can't mass unsubscribe from mods, can't easily see what shit is... blah.

jtb

Banned
I've needed some mass transit shit in this game for years. Can't believe it took this long. Bad bad priorities. (I don't know how many times I've beat this drum but your previous game was literally Cities in Motion and the entire in-game economy is built around solving traffic flow!!!)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I've needed some mass transit shit in this game for years. Can't believe it took this long. Bad bad priorities. (I don't know how many times I've beat this drum but your previous game was literally Cities in Motion and the entire in-game economy is built around solving traffic flow!!!)

There are some good mods that actually already have a lot of the functionality of the new expansion.

Thorgal

What mod do most people use these days to slow the speed down and not make it look like all your cims are driving and walking like they just OD on Caffeine ? :p

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What mod do most people use these days to slow the speed down and not make it look like all your cims are driving and walking like they just OD on Caffeine ? :p

I think there's a mod called realistic driving speed, but I think it only modifies cars.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I just built a sick roundabout/underpass/pedestrian bypass intersection thing that handles massive traffic like a champ. Road Anarchy, Network Extensions 2, and Move It mods are incredible.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Actually, with the right tweaking of the lane connector options in Traffic Manger: Presidential Edition, I don't need the tunnel bypass part of the roundabout anymore. Now traffic uses all lanes efficiently and don't do stupid shit like huge ass lane changes in the middle of the roundabout. This is a really powerful mod. It's really hard to understand at first, though.

spiritfox

SSZxP3W.jpg

They also did a Reddit AMA recently.

Top Bottom