• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

Seeing how much hate this game gets on GAF, I never thought I'd see on OT. Why the hell anyone thinks CoC is 'pay to win' is beyond me. You can pay to have another chance of winning yes, but there's nothing you can do with $ to force a win.

To date I've spent a total of $15, which works out at $1/month. A whale I am not.

However, I'm approaching the end of TH9 and only have about 2 more months of upgrading to do, at which point I think I'll call it quits, as this game requires far too much of my time.

ihisHQV.jpg

Agkel

Hrm, I'm assuming you've accrued more gems than that..right? Under less than 3 months of play time, I've gotten 500gems (spent on 3rd builder) and an additional 537 right now - without reaching crystal league -, totaling all the gems I've earned at 1037. 656 gems in 6 months seems overly stretched, unless you forgot to add in the 500 gems there. But that would still make your total at 1156 gems overall in 6 months, which still seems little compared to your play time and mine. Anyways, just an interesting tidbit I noticed.

Of course, the 5th builder costs considerably more and may encourage IAPs, but I haven't even given it a thought to purchase gems period just for an extra builder. Not an issue at all there. And yes, surely I do have other games, work, activities to do within the 4-5 days that I am waiting for an upgrade. You come off as assuming I look at my iPad religiously for the 4-5 days - the satirical comment/questionaire were incredibly unnecessary.

I'll see how bad this paywall is when I hit th7, thanks for the heads up.

Correct, I should have clarified that that was not taking into account the 500 I used to buy the third builder. So in total if you count those, I have had in my possession 1156 as you stated. You get gems from either clearing the trees/trash that pop once every 8 hrs and achievements. Drop rate was really low from clearing. They have increased it after the holiday update and now you can even get up to 6 gems per clear, when rarely you saw clears above 3 gems. Plus you get them more frequently now. So I guess that should help a tiny little bit now. In addition to that you get more gems from achievements but the big gem rewards are in late game. So you can go a few weeks without seeing any achievement reward. Again my original point been, when I commented on the gems responding to a specific post, that you are not likely to get enough gems to buy the 4th and 5th builder in a timely manner w/o IAP.

You have to take into consideration the context of my answer. That particular answer you quoted me from, was addressing the point that the game experience eventually devolves into exactly what you are describing. ***You put some upgrades to work, log in 20 secs to collect resources, maybe one raid and then repeat again 6~8 hrs later until upgrade is done, rinse and repeat. My comment was directed at people commenting on me saying how raiding is not a cost/time efficient activity to do continuously. One, because the returns are not high and two because it does take time if you want to sit down and raid more than once... Oooorrr you could speed up troops production with gems which you buy with IAP. *Keep in mind I'm only talking about the efficiency of raiding, not how fun it is or not.

Some people perhaps took it personally and thought I was attacking them for the fact that they enjoy the game. Not at all, if that's what you enjoy then more power to you. Im not judging anyone, hell I love League of Legends and to some people that is just beyond bunkers. All I did was say that the game has a pretty glaring and imo disgusting pay wall (unless you dont mind the game experienced previously mentioned above***) and went on to state why and the details behind my reasoning. Someone can read my post and say, "hey, you know what? I agree with him so I wont waste my time with this game" or they can say, "I dont mind that at all" and go ahead and pick up the game.

*And as an additional note, raiding is fun in this game. One of my issues is exactly that. They effectively take away that part of the experience later down the road. The further you progress in the game, the less raiding you'll do, because the timers of your raiding parties / spells become longer as you level up and as you need to change to higher tier troops in order to successfully raid. When I sit down to play a game, I actually want to sit down and play the game. Not spend 3 mins playing, then waiting 20+min to play again etc etc. Plus of course everything else I stated before.

I love everything about this game as it reminds me of AoE and helps scratch that itch. Sure the gem system kinda sucks, but it is completely playable without having to spend a penny. Art is good, too. Learning as I go, and being extremely wasteful in the process but damn if it isn't fun!

I get my level 4 Archers tonight and i'm very excited.

I've only been in my new Town Hall 7 for about 5 days, sitting at around 1300 trophies.

I'm gonna wait a few days for Mortar and rest of cannons to upgrade and then I'm gonna push into Gold III.

Started a new clan with a bunch of friends and we are on fire. Everyone is donating their ass off and we are getting lots of new members cause our donation numbers are so strong.

If any of you need a clan, look us up: "Loot Nation"

I fail to see how anyone can be convinced to play these games where time is a game asset.

Because its a mobile game.

I don't clear my schedule or look forward to sitting down and playing the game for a few hours. Its a game where you play throughout the day in little spurts.

Seeing how much hate this game gets on GAF, I never thought I'd see on OT. Why the hell anyone thinks CoC is 'pay to win' is beyond me. You can pay to have another chance of winning yes, but there's nothing you can do with $ to force a win.

To date I've spent a total of $15, which works out at $1/month. A whale I am not.

However, I'm approaching the end of TH9 and only have about 2 more months of upgrading to do, at which point I think I'll call it quits, as this game requires far too much of my time.

ihisHQV.jpg

Sir, you have no business being in Gold II with that base.

This is a common problem I see in this game. All of you guys with ridiculous bases are sitting in Gold III and Gold II ruining it for the rest of us.

Now, who's fault is that?

I think its a little bit of both, but mainly the games fault. In order to continue growth at town halls 9 and 10 where walls are 500,000 a piece for level 8 walls, you would need to be pulling in ridiculous hauls. The problem is that the hauls don't increase that much when you get to those levels. I've seen countless battles of town hall 9 and 10 people attacking bases for 170,000 of each resource.

Thats was a good haul for me at town hall 6 !! where my walls were only 75,000 to upgrade.

I don't know how they adjust this or how to fix this but i think that if the payouts are significantly larger in the higher leagues, then more people would be willing to grind to stay in those leagues and more people would sit where they belong in the game.

demigod

This game is pretty damn addicting. Just started 3 weeks ago and now Im at TH7 with 4 builders. Bought the 9.99 gem with freemyapps credit, not spending my own money cuz i hate iap and molyneux!

This game is pretty damn addicting. Just started 3 weeks ago and now Im at TH7 with 4 builders. Bought the 9.99 gem with freemyapps credit, not spending my own money cuz i hate iap and molyneux!

How is freemyapps?

I was looking at it but the payouts didn't look that significant.

How long did it take you to get your 9.99 gift card?

Popped the trigger for Town Hall 8 the other day.

Offense troops, wizard towers, cannons, mortars were all maxed. All walls are pink with almost 50% being purple.

So I think I'm ready for it.

I"m sitting in Gold III league. I can loot pretty well here. But if I need cash fast I will drop into Silver I and take money from them.

Still loving this game. Actually looking forward to the longer wait times. It will allow me to not get overburned on this game. Having at least one builder free every night means I have to fight all day every day to max my loot so I can take advantage of the free builder.

Not having a builder for 2 or 3 days means I can take some days off, which will be nice. And make my fiance happier :)

Anyone else actually pull the trigger on buying some gems to get that third builder asap? I'm progressing decently, but I feel like it'd be a worthy investment to have three builders and at the same time show the developer some support for creating a game that I play daily.

gutshot

Anyone else actually pull the trigger on buying some gems to get that third builder asap? I'm progressing decently, but I feel like it'd be a worthy investment to have three builders and at the same time show the developer some support for creating a game that I play daily.

I resisted the urge and just hoarded gems until I got to 500. May have to do it for the 4th builder though as that one costs 1000 gems and right now I'm sitting on 63. Going to take a while to save up to 1k...

I earned the third builder by challenges, and mainly the challenge to get to 1250 trophies nets you 450 gems.

I completed more challenges and landscaped to get to 500 gems, then paid for the remainnig 500 gems for $5.

So now I have 4 builders. It really helps out A LOT!!

Especially when you in a town hall upgrade that locks a builder up for many days.

Zing

Banned
The raid matchmaking is essentially broken and everyone exploits it. You can intentionally lose a bunch of battles by sending a single unit in to die, lowering your rating. So, you end up with low ranked people having fully upgraded crystal walls, dragons, leaders, etc. I suspect the developers will never fix this, since the people who spend time exploiting are likely the same spending real money.

I played for a month. I hit TH8 and the game was unplayable afterwards, unless I would be content to log in once a day to harvest. Raiding, or should I say pressing "next" and draining all my gold for five minutes while I wade through screens of people with end-game stuff but somehow rated lower than me was no longer fun.

Popped the trigger for Town Hall 8 the other day.

I"m sitting in Gold III league. I can loot pretty well here. But if I need cash fast I will drop into Silver I and take money from them.
Exactly what I am talking about. Any new players thinking of playing, don't waste your time. There are plenty of other superior ways to spend your life.

gutshot

The raid matchmaking is essentially broken and everyone exploits it. You can intentionally lose a bunch of battles by sending a single unit in to die, lowering your rating. So, you end up with low ranked people having fully upgraded crystal walls, dragons, leaders, etc. I suspect the developers will never fix this, since the people who spend time exploiting are likely the same spending real money.

I played for a month. I hit TH8 and the game was unplayable afterwards, unless I would be content to log in once a day to harvest. Raiding, or should I say pressing "next" and draining all my gold for five minutes while I wade through screens of people with end-game stuff but somehow rated lower than me was no longer fun.

Exactly what I am talking about. Any new players thinking of playing, don't waste your time. There are plenty of other superior ways to spend your life.

Yeah, this part is annoying. It is especially a problem at the Silver I-III levels as that seems to be the league that TH8+ players drop to to farm. So as a TH6 player, I'm constantly having to scroll through guys with bases surrounded by purple walls and inferno towers while at the same time, no matter how good my defenses are set up, getting 3 starred by guys with healers and barbarian kings.

It sucks that this is what has to be done now but it far from makes the game "unplayable."

The people in the higher levels have the Dark Elixir, which is very important at TH8 and after. So if you want any good type of DE you have to sit in Gold II or Gold I anyway.

Yeah, this part is annoying. It is especially a problem at the Silver I-III levels as that seems to be the league that TH8+ players drop to to farm. So as a TH6 player, I'm constantly having to scroll through guys with bases surrounded by purple walls and inferno towers while at the same time, no matter how good my defenses are set up, getting 3 starred by guys with healers and barbarian kings.

Its a cop out, but what I've done to counter this i just put my Town Hall outside the base. The first person that comes along just snags the town hall, you lose trophies and get a 12 hour shield.

Resources untouched while you sleep, or wait for a builder to finish.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I have been playing for about 11 months now, with no money spent, have a base similar to the one above but with a TH8. Have been happy to grind for gems to date and am 674 gems towards builder number 5 (don't spend them on anything else).

I'm trying to upgrade everything as much as possible before upgrading to TH9, though it is getting pretty tough to get the resources I need.

I'm mainly hovering in Silver I or Gold III which might be considered "below" where I should be, not because I'm purposely losing battles, but I'm happy to lay down a dozen archers to pick off resources on the fringe which tempers my overall chart position.

Once I get through this next round of upgrades, I'll go to TH9 and see how I go. I expect I'll have to jump up the ranks for enough resources which will keep me on my toes a lot more.

old

It was funny for me at first until I realized what was going on. I started getting attacked relentlessly but my defenses always succeeded even though my village was not in any way intelligently designed to be defended. I just put shit wherever I had space and had no walls. I'd come back to 200 or 300 trophies every time I logged in. I thought "great!" However, I was losing all of my resources. People were raiding my unprotected gold with huge armies of green goblins and surrendering. These raiders didn't care if they lost trophies or that I gained trophies. It was all about the gold. I lost 700000 gold in a single evening getting raided every 5 or 10 minutes.

I adapted by putting my town hall unprotected outside my walls near my gold mines. If they go at my gold mines they'll almost certainly destroy my town hall and give me a 12 hour shield. Whatever gold I lose in the raid is more than made up for during the next 12 hours.

But that just seems like bad game design. I should not be "rewarded" for sabotaging my village design by setting up my town hall as a sacrifice.

My current layout. I generally win but I don't mind losing my town hall because, to date, nobody has made it to my resource reserves yet. And yea it helps me lose trophies and gain a lengthy shield time at the same time. Win win.

I have been playing for about 11 months now, with no money spent, have a base similar to the one above but with a TH8. Have been happy to grind for gems to date and am 674 gems towards builder number 5 (don't spend them on anything else).

I'm trying to upgrade everything as much as possible before upgrading to TH9, though it is getting pretty tough to get the resources I need.

I'm mainly hovering in Silver I or Gold III which might be considered "below" where I should be, not because I'm purposely losing battles, but I'm happy to lay down a dozen archers to pick off resources on the fringe which tempers my overall chart position.

Once I get through this next round of upgrades, I'll go to TH9 and see how I go. I expect I'll have to jump up the ranks for enough resources which will keep me on my toes a lot more.

I'm pretty sure you know this, but be very cautious when going to TH9!!

There is a 10% resource penalty for attacking 1 town hall lower than you.

There is a 50% resource penalty for attacking 2 town halls lower than you.

That 50% is probably keeping most max TH10s away from you. When you get into TH9 the max TH10s will have no reason not to walk through you.

So just make sure everything is maxed before you go. If not, it will be hard to save any significant amount of money.

MuggerMD

Banned
Just started playing on the recommendation from a couple friends. Spent the 9.99 for builders to try to catch up. Really enjoying it so far. It's a great game to pull up for a couple minutes at work.

Just started playing on the recommendation from a couple friends. Spent the 9.99 for builders to try to catch up. Really enjoying it so far. It's a great game to pull up for a couple minutes at work.

Smart move with the builders.

I had 4 builders for a while, then recently found an old Toys R Us gift card in my car. Was $20 on it, bought google play cards and bought the 5th builder. Makes a world of difference when stuff is taking so long.

I've been in Town Hall 8 for about 2 weeks now. I'm taking the slow road, no bandaid-ripping method when it comes to defenses. I make sure I only have one splash defense, one cannon, and one archer tower upgrading at a time. I use the other two builders for misc. stuff like camps, barracks, and storages.

Been in Town Hall 8 for about a month now.

Have level 5 Archers, Barbs, and Giants. Healer is in the oven now, then I have the 20,000 saved of Dark Elixir to get level 3 minions.

The defensive upgrades are killing me. I'm thinking of making a power move tonight: I'm gonna drop my dark elixir on the minions which will wipe it out, then throw 3 builders on two mortars and a wizard tower and just live "pants down" for 5 days but have them all done in one shot.

As far as offense, BARCHERS is the GOAT. (Barbs and Archers.)

The only argument is that it gets kind of "boring." But as long as I'm making stinky money I'm having fun. I average between 6 to 7 million gold per day running BARCHERS. I cook 6 wall breakers and about 85 each of barbs and archers. Two lightening spells - to take out a mortar that could be devistating. and one Heal spell for a little help in tight spots. 90 % of the raids are collector raids, and the other 10% with the lightening spells and my barb king at level 5 with rage, I can puncture into the side of any base and get to the storages.

gutshot

Is there a reason more people don't use goblins when they're raiding? They are cheap, fast, and have the highest DPS of all the tier 1 troops. I also like that they don't waste their time destroying barracks and the like. They go straight for the resources. So even if you don't win the battle, you will likely get most of the available loot.

At TH6, I've been having a lot of success using 10-12 giants, 1 healer and then 40-50 goblins. Take out the air defense first, then drop the healer and let her keep your giants alive as they take out all the defenses. While your giants are destroying and distracting all the defensive structures, drop all your goblins and watch the loot roll in. Use 1 or 2 lightning spells as necessary to take out clan castle troops or a particularly troublesome mortar/wizard tower. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Is there a reason more people don't use goblins when they're raiding? They are cheap, fast, and have the highest DPS of all the tier 1 troops. I also like that they don't waste their time destroying barracks and the like. They go straight for the resources. So even if you don't win the battle, you will likely get most of the available loot.

At TH6, I've been having a lot of success using 10-12 giants, 1 healer and then 40-50 goblins. Take out the air defense first, then drop the healer and let her keep your giants alive as they take out all the defenses. While your giants are destroying and distracting all the defensive structures, drop all your goblins and watch the loot roll in. Use 1 or 2 lightning spells as necessary to take out clan castle troops or a particularly troublesome mortar/wizard tower. Wash, rinse, repeat.

That's a good strategy. But as town halls get higher than defenses get more wizard towers which vaporize goblins. Archers can take down wizard towers and Loot.

I like to run giants, healer, mainly archers, and like 20 goblins. They are so good at what they do you don't need a whole bunch of them.

gutshot

That's a good strategy. But as town halls get higher than defenses get more wizard towers which vaporize goblins. Archers can take down wizard towers and Loot.

I like to run giants, healer, mainly archers, and like 20 goblins. They are so good at what they do you don't need a whole bunch of them.

Yeah, depending on the layout of the base, I will wait to deploy most of my goblins once the mortars and wizard towers are destroyed. Splash damage can definitely hurt. You also want to make sure you aren't deploying all the goblins in a big group but rather several smaller groups.

What makes archers better against wizard towers though? Can they fire at them from outside their range? Archers have lower DPS and less health than goblins, so in theory, goblins should be able to destroy the wizard tower faster.

Yeah, depending on the layout of the base, I will wait to deploy most of my goblins once the mortars and wizard towers are destroyed. Splash damage can definitely hurt. You also want to make sure you aren't deploying all the goblins in a big group but rather several smaller groups.

What makes archers better against wizard towers though? Can they fire at them from outside their range? Archers have lower DPS and less health than goblins, so in theory, goblins should be able to destroy the wizard tower faster.

The goblins won't go after the wizard towers until all the resources are gone on the map. You can send in plenty of archers behind the giants to help take down the wizard tower, then the archers will stay behind to take down storages and whatever else therre is left behind the giants wake.

I ran giant/healer all through town hall 7 up to gold 3. But at a certain point it just hits a wall for me. I used to be able to get away with 4 wall breakers, 12 giants, healer, rest archers.

With town hall 7 you get 50 walls, town hall 8's get 50 more walls. So instead of being a town hall 7 and ability to stomp on TH6's. Now at a TH8, I can't attack TH6's because of loot penalty (50%.) So that giant/healer army doesn't work because there is too many walls. And if I'm trying to attack a TH9? pffft... 25 more walls.

Giants don't like walls. With level 5 troops, I'm in high Gold 2 and need to ramp up my giants to 16 or 18 and 6 or 8 wall breakers to run with the healer and its very expensive and taste too long to cook.

I get my level 3 minions today and going to start running BAM strategy (barbs, archers, minions.) I have the 30K of dark elixir so I'm going to just pop the trigger on the level 4's when the 3s are done today. Then wait 7 damn days for them.

That's been my strategy for a good long while now. It works really really well.

MuggerMD

Banned
Smart move with the builders.

I had 4 builders for a while, then recently found an old Toys R Us gift card in my car. Was $20 on it, bought google play cards and bought the 5th builder. Makes a world of difference when stuff is taking so long.

I've been in Town Hall 8 for about 2 weeks now. I'm taking the slow road, no bandaid-ripping method when it comes to defenses. I make sure I only have one splash defense, one cannon, and one archer tower upgrading at a time. I use the other two builders for misc. stuff like camps, barracks, and storages.

Is it easy to keep 5 workers busy at higher TH levels? Or are resource requirements so high you end up having worker downtime while saving up?

Is it easy to keep 5 workers busy at higher TH levels? Or are resource requirements so high you end up having worker downtime while saving up?

Nooo.. There's more than enough for them to do.

Right now my split is 3 builders on defense: one on a cannon, one on an Archer tower, one on a Tesla.

The other two are for elixir stuff like barracks, dark barracks, camps, pumps, mines,

Then there clan Castle that needs to be upgraded, Air defense, etc.

I also raid a lot so I make 6-7 million gold a day.

But the most expensive thing is wizard towers and they are 2.6 gold. I can make that in a few hours.

Lots of new info coming out about CLAN WARS. Everything is pretty much explained.

Notes:

- Supercell will scrape through your clan and analyze its strength based on the level of your heroes, your town hall, your defense levels, troop levels, walls, etc. They will basically assign your clan a Power Ranking.

- When you search for a clan to fight, they will look for clans with similar number of members and similar Power Ranking.

- When you enlist in that clan war. Day one is scouting day. You have one day to look at all the other members of the opposing clan. You can strategize who is going to fight who and it will show you what loot is available.

- The loot that you gain from your individual clan battle is determined by how "strong" the opponents base is. This loot does not come from that person, it comes from the heavens.

- The clan with the most "stars" from their battles, at the end of the day wins.

- The loot you win from your battles goes into a pot. At the end of battle day, the winning team splits the pot from all their teams battles. The losing team gets only a percentage of their pot.

I'll add this to OP

I'm about 2/3 done with Town Hall 8.

I decided to push into Crystal last night. Got the nice acheivement and the 250 gems. I'm going to drop back down today. The bases up here are just nuts. Too many 9s and 10s with gold that I can't even think about getting.

My sweet spot for farming has been between 1600-1800 trophies. You get huge collector raids, and even when the loot is inside the storages I can still go inside and get it.

JesseZao

So I decided to download this again and give it another shot. The troop AI is terrrrrrible. How do people find it enjoyable?

I understand the fun of building games and played tiny tower for a bit, but I just can't understand the appeal of this game when the battles are awful.

I played this pretty religiously for a while. Then I got to the point where I needed 2M+gold or elixir and 10K+ dark elixir to do anything. I stopped shortly after that. It wasn't fun anymore. I would have to look through like 100 random encounters to find one to make up for the materials I was losing from getting attacked. That took forever and if the battle didn't go as expected it was super frustrating. Revenge was not an option 95% of the time because they were online or had active shields.

Reading the article on how the top players operate confirmed by decision to walk away.

I've moved on to Game of War now.

Yup, this pretty much nailed why I left. Even the upgrades themselves took like 8 days each. I had 4 builders by that point too. Not put any actual money in mind.

But saying all that, I've gotten back in with the news of clan wars and it's much better now. I've almost maxed out TH8 and I'm farming at around silver league 2- gold 3. The returns are pretty decent. Much better than they were when I left.

So I decided to download this again and give it another shot. The troop AI is terrrrrrible. How do people find it enjoyable?

I understand the fun of building games and played tiny tower for a bit, but I just can't understand the appeal of this game when the battles are awful.

I find nothing wrong with the AI. The only two troops that have annoying AI is the Pekka and the Valkryie. But I'm sure you aren't far enough to have those.

Each troops has a target that they prefer and they will attack the closest of. Barbs/Archers will attack the closest of anything. Giants/Hog Riders/Golums go straight for defenses. Goblins go straight for resources.

Dropping your troops in the correct spot so they go where you want them to is a massive part of your offensive strategy. If you drop an archer and she goes for the wrong spot, move your finger and drop another one until you get them to lock onto where you want them to go so you can get used to deploying them.

I can drop any troop at any time with 90% certainty that it will go where I want them to, based on where I placed my finger to drop them.

Yup, this pretty much nailed why I left. Even the upgrades themselves took like 8 days each. I had 4 builders by that point too. Not put any actual money in mind.

But saying all that, I've gotten back in with the news of clan wars and it's much better now. I've almost maxed out TH8 and I'm farming at around silver league 2- gold 3. The returns are pretty decent. Much better than they were when I left.

I made so much money being in town hall 8 it was silly. The divide between TH8 and TH7 is so massive. So as a TH8 you get the benefit of stomping through TH7s that have tons of loot. I would make 6-7 million coin a day just using barb/archer armies.

I've been in Town Hall 9 for about 5 days now and the loot is nowheres near as good. I can no longer fight TH7s because of the 50% loot penalty (THAT NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT) for fighting two town halls below you.

So I'm stuck with fighting all 8s 9s and I can't go near a 10 with inferno towers until I at least get my level 6 giants. I'm farming in Gold II. 1700-1900 trophies. I can't drop down lower because it will just give me more town hall 7s and like I previously mentioned. I can't fight them for any kind of significant loot.

So yeah, I went to TH9 for the Xbows, level 6 troops, Archer Queen, and 4 spells. But its tough getting money.

JesseZao

I find nothing wrong with the AI. The only two troops that have annoying AI is the Pekka and the Valkryie. But I'm sure you aren't far enough to have those.

Each troops has a target that they prefer and they will attack the closest of. Barbs/Archers will attack the closest of anything. Giants/Hog Riders/Golums go straight for defenses. Goblins go straight for resources.

Dropping your troops in the correct spot so they go where you want them to is a massive part of your offensive strategy. If you drop an archer and she goes for the wrong spot, move your finger and drop another one until you get them to lock onto where you want them to go so you can get used to deploying them.

I can drop any troop at any time with 90% certainty that it will go where I want them to, based on where I placed my finger to drop them.

It's not intuitive that ai would ignore something that's killing it. That's my problem with it.

gutshot

Anyone in a clan that is actually good at clan wars? While I like my current clan, they suck at clan wars. We've won once out of 7 different tries. I hate seeing my 200k+ of bonus loot get chopped by 80% every time.

Anyone in a clan that is actually good at clan wars? While I like my current clan, they suck at clan wars. We've won once out of 7 different tries. I hate seeing my 200k+ of bonus loot get chopped by 80% every time.

If you have 1400 trophies you can join us. "Loot Nation"

We are 6-0 in clan wars. We. Fight on Thursdays and Sundays

If you are close to 1400 I'll just invite you. Rather have a forum buddy in there.

Flunkie

Banned
I played this pretty religiously for a while. Then I got to the point where I needed 2M+gold or elixir and 10K+ dark elixir to do anything. I stopped shortly after that. It wasn't fun anymore. I would have to look through like 100 random encounters to find one to make up for the materials I was losing from getting attacked. That took forever and if the battle didn't go as expected it was super frustrating. Revenge was not an option 95% of the time because they were online or had active shields.

Reading the article on how the top players operate confirmed by decision to walk away.

I've moved on to Game of War now.

As a Game of War "vet," top players don't really operate any differently. If you want to dominate, you drop loads of cash. Period.

That said, I've had my fun with it, but the endgame is really the same.

Rockyrock

the miniscule amount of resources you get from attacking is really starting to make me tire of the game.

There's literally no point in attacking random bases. And even if by some gift of god you 100% a base, they don't even allow you to keep the surviving troops, I mean really...

The only thing worthwhile at this point is clan wars and the bonus you get for winning them

Top Bottom