• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

gutshot

Hey Chief! Been wanting to keep a separate layout for your War Base? Soon you can!!!! LIKE if you’re excited!!

10348805_812354385455553_996243253306244878_o.jpg

BOOM

I used to play this game a lot, and never really had a good experience with clans. Is there an official GAF clan for this?

Sorry for the bump.

No official clan.

You can join our clan. There is a Gaffer in it.

Clan called: Loot Nation

If you don't have the required trophies, let me know and I'll lower them for you.

We are a very active clan. We War on Thursdays and Saturdays. We are 13-1 in war.

I just started playing this game yesterday. It's a lot of fun but such a time sink. Thankfully I'm not a big iPhone gamer so I just let my stuff build while I play on my PC. My town hall is level 3 but I just read in this thread that you should max all your buildings before upgrading. Oops! I'll get to work on upgrading all my other buildings now.

I just started playing this game yesterday. It's a lot of fun but such a time sink. Thankfully I'm not a big iPhone gamer so I just let my stuff build while I play on my PC. My town hall is level 3 but I just read in this thread that you should max all your buildings before upgrading. Oops! I'll get to work on upgrading all my other buildings now.

Don't worry about maxing stuff right now.

You can rush up to town hall 5 and then start worrying about having your defenses maxed before going forward.

Just understand the "LOOT PENALTY":: If you attack a town hall lower than you than you can only get 90% of their available resources. If you attack a town hall TWO levels under you, then you can only get 50% of their available loot. So when you move to TH5, forget about being able to attack TH3s.

So the moral of the story is... make sure you are "ready" before upgrading your town hall. By "ready" I mean have maxed troops (that you use regularly) and defenses before moving on.

But don't worry about that right now, rush to Town Hall 5, then start taking your time.

Don't worry about maxing stuff right now.

You can rush up to town hall 5 and then start worrying about having your defenses maxed before going forward.

Just understand the "LOOT PENALTY":: If you attack a town hall lower than you than you can only get 90% of their available resources. If you attack a town hall TWO levels under you, then you can only get 50% of their available loot. So when you move to TH5, forget about being able to attack TH3s.

So the moral of the story is... make sure you are "ready" before upgrading your town hall. By "ready" I mean have maxed troops (that you use regularly) and defenses before moving on.

But don't worry about that right now, rush to Town Hall 5, then start taking your time.

Thanks for the tips. That's all really good to know. I am currently working on my production (lol Civ 5 terms) so I can pump out and store the gold and purple stuff necessary to upgrade my town halls.

Question: Why would I want to buy a second barracks? All they do is produce units, so why would I need a second one?

Another question: What happens when you get invaded and they destroy all your stuff? Do you have to pay a bunch of gold to restore everything? I still have the shield since I'm a beginner, but it expires in less than a day so I figure I should start worrying about invasions soon.

gutshot

Thanks for the tips. That's all really good to know. I am currently working on my production (lol Civ 5 terms) so I can pump out and store the gold and purple stuff necessary to upgrade my town halls.

Question: Why would I want to buy a second barracks? All they do is produce units, so why would I need a second one?

Another question: What happens when you get invaded and they destroy all your stuff? Do you have to pay a bunch of gold to restore everything? I still have the shield since I'm a beginner, but it expires in less than a day so I figure I should start worrying about invasions soon.

More barracks means you can produce troops faster. Producing troops faster means you can raid more often and in turn accumulate loot more quickly.

Nothing is permanently destroyed and you don't have to pay to repair it. The only thing you lose is 1.) loot and 2.) trophies if they get one star or better on you.

You upgrade your barracks because you want a good turn-around-time for "raiding."

Yes, you can accomplish the same thing with 1 barrack that you can with 2 barracks. But if you have two barracks, you can train the same amount of troops in half the time.

As you upgrade your Army Camps, you will be able to take more troops with you into battle. This means it will take longer to train 70 troops than it would to train 35 troops. So the more barracks training your troops, the quicker you can take them out fighting. And when the fight is done and you want to fight again... you want your troops ready as quick as possible.

When someone comes through and destroys a building (or all of them) they will re-build automatically as soon as you load the game up.

If someone destroys 40% of your base and/or your Town Hall, it gives you a 12 hour shield. If someone comes and cleans you out 100%, then it gives you a 16 hour shield.

This gives you time to recoop and not get raped on while you sleep at night. BUT... you cannot go out and raid (fight a battle in public multiplayer) if you have a shield up, it will take your shield down if you do that.

So practice your fighting skills on the single player goblin missions as you get used to the A.I. of each character, how they react depending on where you place them, etc.

My best friend (and clan mate) recently started a YouTube series of a lot of tips and tricks, especially at low town halls like 3, 4, 5. I think he's on Town Hall 5 now. Check out his Pocahontas series.

Lord Beardo

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
No official clan.

If you don't have the required trophies, let me know and I'll lower them for you.

We are a very active clan. We War on Thursdays and Saturdays. We are 13-1 in war.

I'd like to join. I really need help with base layout etc.

Looks like there are two Loot Nations. One has 50/50 players.

I'd like to join. I really need help with base layout etc.

Ok,

Right this second we are at max capacity and we are in war.

When war is over tomorrow I'll kick someone and get you in.

How many trophies do you have?

Whats your name in the game?

I'll let you know tomorrow when there is a spot open.

HBP

No official clan.

Which one? There appears to be 2 and one is full.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Ok,

Right this second we are at max capacity and we are in war.

When war is over tomorrow I'll kick someone and get you in.

How many trophies do you have?

Whats your name in the game?

I'll let you know tomorrow when there is a spot open.

933 trophies. My town hall is level 7. My village layout is a disaster.

2 million Max gold and Elxir storage? Maybe I can donate troops or something.

My name is "JetJevons".

Done! Thanks Victory Red!

I wish there was a way I cold let someone else lay out my village for me.

Wow, those walls though.

Go on YouTube and search for Town Hall 7 base ideas.

Put town hall and mortars in middle. then walls, then next layer wizard towers then walls, then next layer cannons and archer towers, then walls.

Put mines and collectors on the outside, as long as you are checking the game often tehre won't be anything in them anyway.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Wow, those walls though.

Go on YouTube and search for Town Hall 7 base ideas.

Put town hall and mortars in middle. then walls, then next layer wizard towers then walls, then next layer cannons and archer towers, then walls.

Put mines and collectors on the outside, as long as you are checking the game often tehre won't be anything in them anyway.

Yeah I know it's awful. :-(

I haven't been playing very seriously, just sort of noodling around for fun to understand the game. I only check a few times a day and my village is always trashed.

I'm sure I can up my game to help your clan out though!

Thank you for all the help guys. My town is really coming along!

One more quick question. My shield just expired so this is good to know — does my army do anything for defense? Like, if someone raids my town, does my army come out of their camp and defend? Or are your troops only used for offense?

HBP

Thank you for all the help guys. My town is really coming along!

One more quick question. My shield just expired so this is good to know — does my army do anything for defense? Like, if someone raids my town, does my army come out of their camp and defend? Or are your troops only used for offense?

Only the ones you request from your clan that go in your clan castle do.

Ok thanks.

Man, how often do you guys get raided? I finally got my Town Hall to level 5, but holy shit I get raided nonstop now. I only have like 200 trophies so it's not like I'm some high profile target. My shield ran out about 15 minutes ago and I've already been raided 5 times. Wtf!

Ok thanks.

Man, how often do you guys get raided? I finally got my Town Hall to level 5, but holy shit I get raided nonstop now. I only have like 200 trophies so it's not like I'm some high profile target. My shield ran out about 15 minutes ago and I've already been raided 5 times. Wtf!

Well you must be winning if you are able to get raided 5 times in a row!

There really is no law and order down in the 200 trophy area. It will be a shit show probably until you get into town hall 6 and get up to a proper trophy range.

The system is flawed, don't get me wrong, but there is at least some order in the higher town halls.

A good rule of thumb is: You want to sit as low in trophies as you can to make the most money. As a new town hall 5, you can beat up on town hall 4s and 5s for your loot. So drop down in trophies if you need to so you can stop higher people from coming down to rape you.

I leave my town hall on the outside, I'm about 80% through Town Hall 9 so It'd take someone pretty legit to come through and clean me out. But there is ALWAYS someone who can come through and clean you out. So I leave my TH on the outside so some scrub comes by and says "Oh, theres some easy trophies" and takes my town hall, which gives me a 12hr shield. All resources still intact.

Oh yeah, also...you can't get attacked if you are in the game on your home screen, where you are looking at your base.

So from the time I get home from work, around 6:30pm till I go to bed, around 11:30pm... the iPad stays on and I touch the screen every few seconds to keep it from going to sleep.

The things we do for games...

Ok thanks.

I've been wondering the same thing, but for the opposite reason; I just hit TH4 the other day and I've been attacked a total of two times, and won the second fight, giving me 20 Trophies. And this with my TH fairly exposed to attack.
If someone insists on attacking me, I'll let them have some cheap Trophies — and take a Shield for my trouble — but my hard-earned resources will cost them.

So is that normal for this TH/Trophy level, or does my town just always appear to be "not worth the effort"? That seems like it should be the ultimate goal in town design, right? I know I can watch battle replays, but is there any way to know how many would-be attackers look at my town and decide there must be some lower-hanging fruit out there somewhere? If 90% of the people who browse my town decide to attack, I'd like to know that, so I can get it closer to 10%. Follow?

I've been wondering the same thing, but for the opposite reason; I just hit TH4 the other day and I've been attacked a total of two times, and won the second fight, giving me 20 Trophies. And this with my TH fairly exposed to attack.
If someone insists on attacking me, I'll let them have some cheap Trophies — and take a Shield for my trouble — but my hard-earned resources will cost them.

So is that normal for this TH/Trophy level, or does my town just always appear to be "not worth the effort"? That seems like it should be the ultimate goal in town design, right? I know I can watch battle replays, but is there any way to know how many would-be attackers look at my town and decide there must be some lower-hanging fruit out there somewhere? If 90% of the people who browse my town decide to attack, I'd like to know that, so I can get it closer to 10%. Follow?

That would be an awesome statistic, but no. Sometimes I'll go into the game and it will say "you are being raided" but only for a few seconds, then it takes me to my game and there was no raid. So I stumbled upon someone "nexting" me.

You are still very early in the game. But when you get to about Town Hall 6 and on, you SHOULD be getting raided within 10-15 minutes of being out of the game. If you can go an hour or so without being raided, then that means you are getting "nexted" a lot. I've closed the game and gotten raided within a minute.

Your "ultimate goal" depends on how you want to play. Some people's ultimate goal is saving resources, others its saving their town hall/trophies. You will find that later in the game, its tough to stomach losing 350,000 of each resource and 2,000 dark elixir in one raid. So its best to just throw your town hall on the outside and let an unworthy guy who doesn't have the strength to take your shit to just take your town hall and give you a 12hr shield.

gutshot

My strategy for not getting raided is fairly simple. Spend your money. They can't steal what you've already spent. Any time I know I'm going to be offline for a while, I make sure I have as little resources as possible. You can always dump your gold into walls or your elixir into upgraded barracks or army camps. Or just train a really expensive army that you can 3 star someone with when you come back on.

Doing this I've made it through many nights without getting raided at all.

My strategy for not getting raided is fairly simple. Spend your money. They can't steal what you've already spent. Any time I know I'm going to be offline for a while, I make sure I have as little resources as possible. You can always dump your gold into walls or your elixir into upgraded barracks or army camps. Or just train a really expensive army that you can 3 star someone with when you come back on.

Doing this I've made it through many nights without getting raided at all.

This requires a builder :)

Wait till you get to late TH8 and TH9, you won't have a builder every night. I haven't had one in two days.

Not to mention, you start getting into the territory of "I can't pay for that upgrade by just raiding for a few hours." When a Wizard Tower is 5.4 million gold. I can't wipe all my storages out at night and bank on making all that money back the following day for the builder coming free at night.

I've made 5 to 6 to 7 million gold a day. But not all the time, only when I'm off from work and play all day.

gutshot

This requires a builder :)

Wait till you get to late TH8 and TH9, you won't have a builder every night. I haven't had one in two days.

Not to mention, you start getting into the territory of "I can't pay for that upgrade by just raiding for a few hours." When a Wizard Tower is 5.4 million gold. I can't wipe all my storages out at night and bank on making all that money back the following day for the builder coming free at night.

I've made 5 to 6 to 7 million gold a day. But not all the time, only when I'm off from work and play all day.

I always try to keep 1 builder free for this exact purpose. It's worked out pretty well for me so far. Although yes, at the higher town hall levels everything starts getting super expensive and takes super long to upgrade. But I was mainly talking to the low TH level players here, letting them know what I did coming up that seemed to work pretty well for me.

As I type this, my TH just finished upgrading to lvl 8. Time to redo my village!

Is there a Gaf Clan? If so what's the minimum trophy count? I got about 1500.

No, but me and Gutshot are in a clan together. You can join. We just started war and are at max capacity, when war ends in two days I"ll kick someone and let you know when to join.

Your 1500 trophies is fine.

I always try to keep 1 builder free for this exact purpose. It's worked out pretty well for me so far. Although yes, at the higher town hall levels everything starts getting super expensive and takes super long to upgrade. But I was mainly talking to the low TH level players here, letting them know what I did coming up that seemed to work pretty well for me.

As I type this, my TH just finished upgrading to lvl 8. Time to redo my village!

Agreed, I did your strategy up until late TH8. When upgrades are less than 3million I can make that with my eyes closed in TH7/TH8

------------------------------

When I started playing this game and doing tons of research about it, a lot of people said that Town Hall 7 is the most fun you will have in this game. And Town Hall 8 a close second. After that, it just gets less fun.

Now that I"m almost done with TH9, I CAN CONCUR.

Town Hall 7 is really really fun. You can make tons of money and not have to worry about the level 6 troops from TH9 coming down and raping you. In TH7 you can run Giant/healer and pound people to the floor. You can't do this in late TH8 and can't even think about doing it in TH9 when you are fighting people with 4 Air Defenses and 4 black seeking air mines. You also get Dragons in TH7 which rape.

That would be an awesome statistic, but no. Sometimes I'll go into the game and it will say "you are being raided" but only for a few seconds, then it takes me to my game and there was no raid. So I stumbled upon someone "nexting" me.

You are still very early in the game. But when you get to about Town Hall 6 and on, you SHOULD be getting raided within 10-15 minutes of being out of the game. If you can go an hour or so without being raided, then that means you are getting "nexted" a lot. I've closed the game and gotten raided within a minute.
Damn. I was hoping I was so badass, no one wanted to mess with me. :p I do wish they would include that stat though; it would be nice to know if you're getting attacked every 15 minutes because you look like easy pickings, or just because there are millions of players so even a low attempt rate makes for lots of attacks.

Thanks for all of the tips, gang. <3 I have a question about the Clan Castle though. So with my housing of 10, that means I can hold 10 Archers or 2 Giants, right? And unlike my standard army, they'll rush out to engage enemy troops when I'm attacked, right? And also unlike my standard army, they magically reappear in the Castle at the end of the battle, even if they've been killed; the only way to lose them is to deploy them during an attack. So if my Clan donates 10 L6 Archers to me, they'll just live in my Castle and defend my town "forever," as long as I never deploy them on offense? What if I leave the Clan, or get booted?

Any other lowbies wanna form a defensive Clan with me? :D

Damn. I was hoping I was so badass, no one wanted to mess with me. :p I do wish they would include that stat though; it would be nice to know if you're getting attacked every 15 minutes because you look like easy pickings, or just because there are millions of players so even a low attempt rate makes for lots of attacks.

Thanks for all of the tips, gang. <3 I have a question about the Clan Castle though. So with my housing of 10, that means I can hold 10 Archers or 2 Giants, right? And unlike my standard army, they'll rush out to engage enemy troops when I'm attacked, right? And also unlike my standard army, they magically reappear in the Castle at the end of the battle, even if they've been killed; the only way to lose them is to deploy them during an attack. So if my Clan donates 10 L6 Archers to me, they'll just live in my Castle and defend my town "forever," as long as I never deploy them on offense? What if I leave the Clan, or get booted?

Any other lowbies wanna form a defensive Clan with me? :D

Incorrect.

I donate 10 archers to you:
A.) You use them as offense when raiding in "normal" mode, not clan war. == They are all gone
B.) You don't use them as offense then someone attacks you == My archers come out of the castle. Those that do not die go back in after the match. If all die, you have no clan castle troops left going forward.

If I donate 10 archers to your Clan Wars clan castle on Preparation Day == They keep coming back on war day regardless of how many times you've been attacked in Clan Wars.

You cannot use these troops for offense. This clan castle in War mode is different then your clan castle in Normal mode.

*Edit. Server, I think we are going to start a Feeder clan for our main clan since we have been maxed on troops for a while and a bunch of people have friends that want to get in. If/When we start that clan I will let you know.

Well you must be winning if you are able to get raided 5 times in a row!

There really is no law and order down in the 200 trophy area. It will be a shit show probably until you get into town hall 6 and get up to a proper trophy range.

The system is flawed, don't get me wrong, but there is at least some order in the higher town halls.

A good rule of thumb is: You want to sit as low in trophies as you can to make the most money. As a new town hall 5, you can beat up on town hall 4s and 5s for your loot. So drop down in trophies if you need to so you can stop higher people from coming down to rape you.

I leave my town hall on the outside, I'm about 80% through Town Hall 9 so It'd take someone pretty legit to come through and clean me out. But there is ALWAYS someone who can come through and clean you out. So I leave my TH on the outside so some scrub comes by and says "Oh, theres some easy trophies" and takes my town hall, which gives me a 12hr shield. All resources still intact.

Yes I'm technically winning, but it's because they send Goblins and Archers after all my gold/elixir buildings and my defenses kill them before they take down my Town Hall. But I want them to take down my TH (and not my loot)! And since I keep "winning" I keep gaining trophies, even though I don't want to! So it's getting frustrating. Thankfully I redesigned my town into a "farming" base this morning, and finished my Wizard Tower, so my gold/elixir defense should be a lot stronger now. I put my TH outside like always, so hopefully I get some people who actually attack it this time instead of going after my loot.

When I started playing this game and doing tons of research about it, a lot of people said that Town Hall 7 is the most fun you will have in this game. And Town Hall 8 a close second. After that, it just gets less fun.

Now that I"m almost done with TH9, I CAN CONCUR.

Town Hall 7 is really really fun. You can make tons of money and not have to worry about the level 6 troops from TH9 coming down and raping you. In TH7 you can run Giant/healer and pound people to the floor. You can't do this in late TH8 and can't even think about doing it in TH9 when you are fighting people with 4 Air Defenses and 4 black seeking air mines. You also get Dragons in TH7 which rape.

That is really good to know. Since I am not super into this game, I will probably stop at TH7 for a long time. TH9+ sounds too grindy.

Yes I'm technically winning, but it's because they send Goblins and Archers after all my gold/elixir buildings and my defenses kill them before they take down my Town Hall. But I want them to take down my TH (and not my loot)! And since I keep "winning" I keep gaining trophies, even though I don't want to! So it's getting frustrating. Thankfully I redesigned my town into a "farming" base this morning, and finished my Wizard Tower, so my gold/elixir defense should be a lot stronger now. I put my TH outside like always, so hopefully I get some people who actually attack it this time instead of going after my loot.

That is really good to know. Since I am not super into this game, I will probably stop at TH7 for a long time. TH9+ sounds too grindy.

Sounds like a good idea.

My brother is a casual gamer. He's a professor and he caddies and doesn't have all the time in the world. He got to TH7 pretty quickly and was a great fighter. He called me when he was ready to "pop the trigger" on TH8 and I advised him not to.

I told him its a whole new phase in the game and I don't think he was going to be able to dedicate the time to it that it would require to make any kind of progress.

After about a month in TH8, he's basically stopped playing.

Incorrect.

I donate 10 archers to you:
A.) You use them as offense when raiding in "normal" mode, not clan war. == They are all gone
B.) You don't use them as offense then someone attacks you == My archers come out of the castle. Those that do not die go back in after the match. If all die, you have no clan castle troops left going forward.

If I donate 10 archers to your Clan Wars clan castle on Preparation Day == They keep coming back on war day regardless of how many times you've been attacked in Clan Wars.

You cannot use these troops for offense. This clan castle in War mode is different then your clan castle in Normal mode.

*Edit. Server, I think we are going to start a Feeder clan for our main clan since we have been maxed on troops for a while and a bunch of people have friends that want to get in. If/When we start that clan I will let you know.
I usually go by "Surfer," thanks; I surf the servers, not serve the surfers. ;)

But yes, I'd be interested in joining a clan of low/casual players. Right now, I'd say my primary goal is to always appear that raiding me for supplies will be a break-even proposition at best, and more generally make other players think that whatever their goal, it's likely more easily achieved elsewhere. If, in the process, I have enough surplus elixer to stage a few raids of my own, even better.

Am I correct in thinking clan troops can significantly alter the course of a defensive battle? Is using them as part of your defensive strategy a viable option? How's their survivability? Can donations be queued? If all 50 of my clanmates donate 5 archers to me at once, will they just be lined up and ready to go for the next 250 / 10 = 25 raids? Or 250 / 5 = 50 raids, if half usually survive each fight?

But yes, I'd be interested in joining a clan of low/casual players. Right now, I'd say my primary goal is to always appear that raiding me for supplies will be a break-even proposition at best, and more generally make other players think that whatever their goal, it's likely more easily achieved elsewhere. If, in the process, I have enough surplus elixer to stage a few raids of my own, even better.

Am I correct in thinking clan troops can significantly alter the course of a defensive battle? Is using them as part of your defensive strategy a viable option? How's their survivability? Can donations be queued? If all 50 of my clanmates donate 5 archers to me at once, will they just be lined up and ready to go for the next 250 / 10 = 25 raids? Or 250 / 5 = 50 raids, if half usually survive each fight?

Clan troops are argueably the most important part of your defense, especially at higher levels.

There are some offensive troops that will not engage clan castle troops (Giants/Hog Riders/Golums/Balloons) So when the clan castle troops get released, they just pound on the aforementioned troops until they are dead.

Kind of hard for you now, but as you get later in the game you will get a lot more building and a lot more walls. This allows you to make your clan castle "un-lureable" by burying it in the center of your base and its radius does not reach out of your farthest walls. Players cannot just drop a few barbarians to get your clan troops to come out, then draw them into a corner and slay them there quickly. They will have to break (or jump over) a wall to activate the CC troops.

I find that wizards are teh best clan castle defense. So if/when you get into a clan, request wizards when requesting troops.

No, they do not queue.

Yeah, thats not gonna let you accomplish much.

It may not seam like it now, but raiding other people's villages nets you infinitely more resources they waiting for collectors. And there are THOUSANDS of bases out in the wild of people that don't play the game anymore, so all their money is just sitting in their mines and collectors waiting for you to come along and gladly steal it from them.

Not to mention, thats the funnest part of the game, going out and strategizing to steal people's goods.

HBP

Yeah me too, I enjoy the game but play pretty casual. It seems like some clans are too serious and even if you meet the requirements you get kicked.

No, they do not queue.
So basically, every time I get attacked, I need to log in, request fresh troops, and then wait for my friends to log in and respond? Sounds like my castle will usually be empty, even I'm not required to log back in and "accept" their donations. Am I missing something here? =/

Yeah, thats not gonna let you accomplish much.

It may not seam like it now, but raiding other people's villages nets you infinitely more resources they waiting for collectors. And there are THOUSANDS of bases out in the wild of people that don't play the game anymore, so all their money is just sitting in their mines and collectors waiting for you to come along and gladly steal it from them.

Not to mention, thats the funnest part of the game, going out and strategizing to steal people's goods.
Yeah, I didn't mean I wouldn't be raiding at all. More that my primary concern is having a well defended base. So if I do start getting attacked every 15 minutes or something, I'll probably spend more time figuring out how to correct that rather than just stepping up my own raids to try to cover the losses. I dunno if that's even a viable strategy in this game though; that's just how I naturally think.

Yeah me too, I enjoy the game but play pretty casual. It seems like some clans are too serious and even if you meet the requirements you get kicked.
Maybe I should start by own clan… with blackjack, and hookers…

So basically, every time I get attacked, I need to log in, request fresh troops, and then wait for my friends to log in and respond? Sounds like my castle will usually be empty, even I'm not required to log back in and "accept" their donations. Am I missing something here? =/

Yeah, I didn't mean I wouldn't be raiding at all. More that my primary concern is having a well defended base. So if I do start getting attacked every 15 minutes or something, I'll probably spend more time figuring out how to correct that rather than just stepping up my own raids to try to cover the losses. I dunno if that's even a viable strategy in this game though; that's just how I naturally think.

Maybe I should start by own clan… with blackjack, and hookers…

Well make sure you join an active clan. If I request troops its filled within a minute or two. You do not need to "accept" any troops. Just request and close the game and they will automatically be added to your clan castle.

I understand what you are saying about getting attacked. When I lose I take advantage of the shield and wait it out and upgrade a few things if they are finishing up soon. Going out and fighting does take your shield away.

You shouldn't have any problem finding an active clan. Just head into the global chat and talk to some folks there.

Well the good news is that after I properly upgraded my base from a TH3 design to a TH5 design, I have only been attacked once, and they only got my TH and barely any loot. So it worked out just like I hoped. Now, I know of course that there are people out there who could easily 3-star me, but like you guys were talking about earlier, I think I'm getting "nexted" a lot more because my defenses are at least halfway decent now. Here's a screenshot of my base:

wiEmRDI.png

Not perfect by any means, but a LOT better than my previous layout, which was literally just a square of walls with my buildings in and around it. If anyone has any tips I would be glad to hear them. ;)

Current base. Running a hybrid set up. It works pretty well at defending my th, my cc can't be lured out, and my resources are decently defended. I sometimes go entire nights with not a single attack against me. I'm assuming I get nexted a fair amount.

qfYUkkf.jpg

kaiiri

oh glad to see clash of clans is going on here as well! I'm currently th9 and working on level 9 walls. it's taking foreeeeever!! and with pretty much all defenses maxed for my th nothing much else to do then war and farm gold. lol. I was thinking of going to th10 but don't want to incur the loot penalty. especially with wall farming. we do pretty well in clan wars... not perfect but we're learning!! XD

oh glad to see clash of clans is going on here as well! I'm currently th9 and working on level 9 walls. it's taking foreeeeever!! and with pretty much all defenses maxed for my th nothing much else to do then war and farm gold. lol. I was thinking of going to th10 but don't want to incur the loot penalty. especially with wall farming. we do pretty well in clan wars... not perfect but we're learning!! XD

THIS.

As I round out TH9 I'm thinking of the same thing. I'm not too concerned about walls though.

My entire inner ring is lego and I'm working on finishing black on the rest. I will be happy with all back walls and inner most important stuff protected with lego.

If I do go to th10, I'm gonna stay in th9 and max everything (except walls and some dark troops) then when I get to TH10 i'm gonna throw up the new cannon, get it to black. New xbows to black, Two infernos to 3 and i'm done with this game.

kaiiri

THIS.

As I round out TH9 I'm thinking of the same thing. I'm not too concerned about walls though.

My entire inner ring is lego and I'm working on finishing black on the rest. I will be happy with all back walls and inner most important stuff protected with lego.

If I do go to th10, I'm gonna stay in th9 and max everything (except walls and some dark troops) then when I get to TH10 i'm gonna throw up the new cannon, get it to black. New xbows to black, Two infernos to 3 and i'm done with this game.

haha. tho I know it'll take like a million years i really want them lava walls! lol. but realisticly I'll probably settle for all lego walls. ya seems we got similar paths left for upgrading. my biggest hiccup right now are my heroes. archer queen is currently upgrading to 13 and my barbarian king is sitting at 10. I really want to get them close to 20 by the time I'm done with lego walls... which currently like you I'm done with inner ring and now working out middle ring. got a long journey ahead. but this has been an amazing time killer between other stuff. lol.

haha. tho I know it'll take like a million years i really want them lava walls! lol. but realisticly I'll probably settle for all lego walls. ya seems we got similar paths left for upgrading. my biggest hiccup right now are my heroes. archer queen is currently upgrading to 13 and my barbarian king is sitting at 10. I really want to get them close to 20 by the time I'm done with lego walls... which currently like you I'm done with inner ring and now working out middle ring. got a long journey ahead. but this has been an amazing time killer between other stuff. lol.

Yeah, I've been thinking about what I want my heroes to be at before I go to th10. My king is 10, Queen 11. I'd be happy with them both at 15 before I go to th10. Then when I get to 10, I think getting both heroes to 20 would be good enough for ever. You rarely see them, well at least not where I farm in crystal, higher than 12-14.

Anything over 20 is dominant.

I keep getting bumped up in trophy rank by defensive victories (damn all these people who ignore my undefended Town Hall!) so I've been getting raided more often and by much more formidable opponents. Some of them use a variety of troops to take down my defenses. The most successful had usually been people who used a combination of Lightning + Giants, Wall Breakers, Archers, Goblins, and some Barbarians/Balloons/Wizards. As a low-to-mid range TH5 that's a bit too much for my defense to handle, so I usually lose around 5-15k gold and elixir per raid before my towers finally stop their troops. It's pretty disheartening but I can recover from it. But the worst one by far happened the other night, and I was shocked because it was only with 35 Barbarians, 40 Archers, and 40 Goblins. I've dealt with those troops before and it wasn't a huge deal, but this one just crushed me. I lost over 60k gold and elixir from that raid. That was a tough pill to swallow. And then right after that a guy stole over 57k gold with a raid of 111 barbarians and 1 Wizard. It seems that just zerg-rushing my base with a shit ton of troops brings more success than by using the more clever methods that I saw earlier.

Top Bottom