• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of NextGen: How close to each other will XSX and PS5 launch?

Which will launch first?

• Total voters
Lots of talk about price, specs, etc, but what I find most exciting: BOTH consoles are supposedly launching in time for 2020's Christmas season. That makes me think:

Just how close to each other will the SeX and the PS5 launch? Weeks apart? Days? Maybe same day? Omg! And which one do you expect to launch first? Also which month?

I'm really excited about that. Feels like a direct face-off battle :eek:

Kagey K

Banned
They will probably launch within a couple weeks of each other just like the PS4 and XB1 did, and just like then it won’t matter because they will sell every unit they produce.

Its not until late in year one that you can usually start to see trends.

Last edited:

mejin

Same day is impossible, but days apart no doubt.

Microsoft revealed first, so another box will probably launch first.

DESTROYA

Launch is about a year away so call me back in 6-8 months closer to launch to get excited.
Really don’t care who launches first but I’m waiting for both to launch and then decide which side to go with if not both but if it’s anything like last year I’m going with a Sony, Switch, and PC combo but you never know.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Instinctively I was going to say Xbox SeX launches first.

But thinking it through, I actually think Sony will break the pattern a little and go as early as October to steal the march. As it seems that they have the weaker console of the two (based on dev chatter and Microsoft comms), it’s beneficial for them to come out ahead and own the next gen perception.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
My theory is within the same week. The year gap between console competitors (Xbox-PS2, 360-PS3) is over.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I think they come out the same week.

As for the abbreviation, SeX isn't the worst but XSX and XSA ( Im thinking Series A) might be better.

kingwingin

Hope its atleast a week apart. Dont care who drops first just hope sony has an exclusive I want on day one, new killzone would be awesome

Changed for acronym uniformity and less horny gamer stereotype cringe.

*siiiiiiiiigh*

How old are you? It's clear that you haven't left teenage years.

Series X = SeX

I'm honestly feeling that's the most natural acronym. Calling me horny or childish is uncalled for. Calling it childish is really bizarre, too, because it comes off as extremely prude, like 'hihi, he said vagina, hihi' 🙄

It's Microsoft's fault, not mine. XSX is hard to pronounce. SeX is easy. That's all.

Last edited:
*siiiiiiiiigh*

Series X = SeX

I'm honestly feeling that's the most natural acronym. Calling me horny or childish is uncalled for. Calling it childish is really bizarre, too, because it comes off as extremely prude, like 'hihi, he said vagina, hihi' 🙄

It's Microsoft's fault, not mine. XSX is hard to pronounce. SeX is easy. That's all.
SX is easier.. But you're right on MS making garbage names on their consoles.

Microsoft will wait until Sony reveals their specs before finalising their own. It may just be a little extra ram or this or that small difference but it will be more powerful than Sony’s machine by a small margin and Microsoft will be playing that up as the big reason to buy it over the ps5 . I’m almost certain that ms has multiple slightly different specs ready to go and will only choose which one to go with once Sony has announced fully their specs.

I believe Sony is also aware of this and so this is partly why they’re waiting so long to reveal the specs of the new hardware to keep ms in the dark as long as possible and make it as difficult and scramble for them to make sure they’ve got the most powerful console again.

Microsoft will do the same thing with the launch dates. Wait until Sony announces the day and then go a month earlier or even two weeks earlier or whatever they can. It’s all bout interrupting Sony at the moment and Sony just has to knuckle it out.

Of course I expect people to buy the ps5 again over any other console because the first party Sony exclusives are the driving factor for most ppl who want to play games these days I believe.

I mean that’s the main reason most of us only own a PS4 right?

Got to admit I am currently a little interested in getting the new Xbox as well but it will all depend on the games and I haven’t had anything really pull me into wanting to buy the Xbox one yet and unless they have some really great games one he horizon I’m still not really that interested no matter what they do. It’s all about the games.

Pre post edit: in case it’s not clear this is all my bs opinion and I’m not stating any facts or anything

Last edited:
*siiiiiiiiigh*

Series X = SeX

I'm honestly feeling like that's some bullshit. Seriously, look at your keyboard. If you can type PS5 just fine then XSX or SX (pronounced like Essex) will come just as easy.

Top Bottom