• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic FM (UK) has 2hrs of game music ( 5PM-7PM BST 20/09)

jonno394

Classic FM doing a villainous music show tonight and he's just played One Winged Angel and now a piece of music from Shenmue "The Uninvited"

edit - Now some Ni No Kuni music

Hendrixx

Neo Member
Thanks for listening! Classic FM will be returning to game scores for an end of year special. Do let us know your suggestions for great scores from 2014 and what looks good for 2015.

jonno394

Thanks for listening! Classic FM will be returning to game scores for an end of year special. Do let us know your suggestions for great scores from 2014 and what looks good for 2015.

I'm sure many users will tweet some suggestions, loving the music being played tonight, great mix and great theme suggestion!

Hendrixx

Neo Member
Hi all,

So Classic FM have another game special coming on December 13th. It's a show looking at the best game soundtracks of 2014, with a brief look ahead to 2015 as well.

And... we'd love to hear your requests! It doesn't just have to be tied to a game that came out this year, it could also include:

- Remasters/HD releases are fair game, especially if their score has been updated!
- Big events are also good - for example we could play Minecraft, related to the $2bn sale earlier this year.
- Concerts are also good - lots to choose from in that respect.
- Scores finally released commercially also works - Lair and Flower both finally had official releases this year.

So do let us know what you'd like to hear, either via our website (contact Howard Goodall on his page) or post here.

Obviously it's a classical station, so we're unlikely to play something like the Sunset Overdrive soundtrack, but you can post those anyway if you feel like it. It's always good to get an idea of what people really liked of any given year. Also, it has to be officially available, so no game rips or bootleg scores.

Do feel free to create a dedicated thread as well - would be good to get the word out about this forthcoming show and make it one chosen by the fans!

Thanks!

Wichu

The problem is that a bunch of this year's best OSTs haven't had official releases (looking at you, Nintendo).

It's technically last year in Europe, but Bravely Default does have an OST release and some great songs. I haven't actually played the game yet, so I can't say which songs are the best, but there's other GAFfers who can help with that.

iNvid02

Thats great to hear. I'd love anything from child of light and valiant hearts the great war, both some of my favourites this year.

edit:
valley of the blinding mist - mikolai stroinski - vanishing of ethan carter
danton's sacrifice - sarah schracner - assassin's creed unity vol 2
the fields of ard skellig - marcin przybyłowicz - the witcher 3 wild hunt
firestorm - john debney - lair

GoaThief

Will have a chinscratch over this one, but definitely not by the numbers Nintendo big band stuff.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm a big fan of Dragon Age Inquisition's soundtrack. The main theme is very straightforward, but still beautiful.

I'd love to request Far Horizons from Skyrim, but finding a link to 2014 is difficult. They announced back in January of 2014 that the game had surpassed 20 million copies sold though, firmly cementing it as a core franchise. The soundtrack by Jeremy Soule reached fifth place in Classic FM's 2013 Hall of Fame so it's a popular soundtrack, and the London Philharmonic have performed Far Horizons too.

With these events on ClassicFM are happening more often, maybe a dedicated official thread would be of more use than bumping an older event.

Anyway how about Valkyria Chronicles PC was released this year. It's got a great soundtrack by Hitoshi Sakimoto.

Melon Husk

I'd love to request Far Horizons from Skyrim, but finding a link to 2014 is difficult. They announced back in January of 2014 that the game had surpassed 20 million copies sold though, firmly cementing it as a core franchise. The soundtrack by Jeremy Soule reached fifth place in Classic FM's 2013 Hall of Fame so it's a popular soundtrack, and the London Philharmonic have performed Far Horizons too.

O_O I'm hearing Howard Shore (Two Towers) and John Williams (Last Crusade) at the same time. Glad he wasn't phoning it in after so many games.

Nzyme32

NEW THREAD - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=942223

Classic_FM_logo.png

Hi all,

So Classic FM have another game special coming on December 13th. It's a show looking at the best game soundtracks of 2014, with a brief look ahead to 2015 as well.

And... we'd love to hear your requests! It doesn't just have to be tied to a game that came out this year, it could also include:

- Remasters/HD releases are fair game, especially if their score has been updated!
- Big events are also good - for example we could play Minecraft, related to the $2bn sale earlier this year.
- Concerts are also good - lots to choose from in that respect.
- Scores finally released commercially also works - Lair and Flower both finally had official releases this year.

So do let us know what you'd like to hear, either via our website (contact Howard Goodall on his page) or post here.

Obviously it's a classical station, so we're unlikely to play something like the Sunset Overdrive soundtrack, but you can post those anyway if you feel like it. It's always good to get an idea of what people really liked of any given year. Also, it has to be officially available, so no game rips or bootleg scores.

Do feel free to create a dedicated thread as well - would be good to get the word out about this forthcoming show and make it one chosen by the fans!

Thanks!

Post your requests and thoughts here! Howard Goodall can also be reached via Classic FM

I'll post links to the stream when it becomes available

Top Bottom