• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Climate denial will be the official policy of Trump’s administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Straight out of the horse's mouth:

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-climate-change-bunk-28c5c44cee#.dlonx7xlj

Priebus confirms that climate denial will be the official policy of Trump’s administration
Reince Priebus tells Fox News that climate science denial is Trump’s ‘default position.’

White House chief of staff may be “the second most powerful job in government,” according to James A. Baker III, who had the job under both Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush.
So it matters that the man Trump named his chief of staff, Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus, embraces Trump’s hard-core climate denial.

Priebus appeared on the latest Fox News Sunday to explain Trump’s apparent “major flips on policy this week in an interview with the New York Times,” as host Chris Wallace put it — including the apostasy of possibly having “an open mind” about “pulling out of the Paris climate agreement.”

We had a good run. Now we bet on China to save the world. How ironic.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
You know you've hit rock bottom when China and Russia are the guys coming with reasonable opinions on climate.

Trump may have also ruined whatever edge America had on renewables. GG.

Future

It's like trying to teach a hardcore creationist evolution. Nothing you can say to prove your position

At this point even if the world was on fire people would deny it as they erupt in flames out of principle. Because they'd probably rather die in a fire rather than admit a liberal was right about anything.

The stupidity of this would be funny if it wasn't so sad and depressing. Hopefully some of the more progressive states will make progress on it and pass laws to combat climate change so it isn't a total waste of at least 4 years.

JordanN

Banned
This is why the Electoral College needs to be used. If the world can't sanction America for destroying the planet, then you must stop him from being president on December 19th.

Gnome

We're standing on the train tracks with our back turned to the train and declaring it doesn't exist. In the end, it's still going to hit us.

Krejlooc

Banned
This is like the united states taking a "the world is flat" policy.

And it literally leading to the end of the planet.

Alx

That's probably the worst consequence of his rise to power. You can fuck up a country and in 10, 50 or 100 years it can get better. But if you fuck up the planet, we're all dead.

Krejlooc

Banned
That's probably the worst consequence of his rise to power. You can fuck up a country and in 10, 50 or 100 years it can get better. But if you fuck up the planet, we're all dead.

I hope this is the worst consequence of his rise to power. Sadly, I think his supreme court nominations will also affect the world in weird ways.

And all this assumes no wars start.

orochi91

The US deserves to get fucking sanctioned.

This incoming administration is literally an existential threat to humanity.

Rootbeer

Banned
The fight against these anti-science assholes just never ends here in the States. So fucking ashamed of this country. We deserve better.

Nelo Ice

Banned
There are going to be no lives for the GOP to ruin with this fuckery. Its not even going to matter if we can mount a fight in 2018 and 2020 when the fucking planet will be long lost by the time we can change course. Trump needs to be stopped now.

All the progress and hard work from so many intelligent people and the bright future of renewable and green tech and prosperity for the planet just getting stomped on by this fucking tantrum throwing orange bully fuck face.

Tregard

Soothsayer
It's amazing to me that a major political power such as the US can have a stance which is literally disregarding science.

gg America

Squalor

What if the rest of the world intervenes?

Trump supporters would be too scared to go up against all of NATO.
Trump supporters can't even tell you what NATO is. They wouldn't care.

I suppose Trump might get Brexit support and Russian support. It might just actually become World War III.

Qasiel

Making America great using a Gribble of an idea...

CwzfU8VUAAEVdkW.jpg

I'm sorry, America. Trying to make light of a terrible situation I suppose.

Do we know how much money these guys are getting from the coal/oil/gas industry? We know they aren't just denying this shit for fun or in good faith.

Krejlooc

Banned
It's amazing to me that a major political power such as the US can have a stance which is literally disregarding science.

gg America

It's fucking disgusting that global warming became a partisan issue in America.

The part of the country that doesn't believe in global warming literally do so out of spite to the half that does.

Fucking tribalism destroys the world.

jetsetrez

This can't possibly be true, can it? This genuinely makes me angry. Like, I have to imagine most people realize the danger of this, do people really just not care? Isn't there something we can do to fight this? This is getting serious. The people need to rally the electoral college to not allow this man to take office. We need million man protests like what's going on in South Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom