• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Climate denial will be the official policy of Trump’s administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calabi

Well the US is going to be sued to hell and worse later on when those in power change or they accept the truth. Its the most pointless act of self destruction.

There's not much you can do when a single person is let loose and allowed to destroy the planet.

The only silver lining I see is the more stupid shit like this that happens over the next 4 years increases the chance these assholes get voted out in 4 years. Lets just hope its salvageable at least. The average person has no idea how badly we are going to fuck up the earth, and it won't matter to the earth, it will keep going. We will be the ones fucked. Drought, no food supply, bad air quality.

You forget, the American public are idiots with short memories. They'll vote him back in because half will project any downsides of his election to acts done by 'liberals' or 'democrats' and not the fault of Trump himself.

Lowmelody

Can't wait to see how they pin this one on brown people too...

I can already see that picture on Facebook with a plain white background and bold black text saying

'Liberal safe-place delegates mass triggered by urban clouds caused by purchasing legal marijuana with food stamps, blames it on Freedom and your sweet grandparents, seeks to remove and euthanize both respectively.'

I genuinely want to understand the point of view of the moderate Trump supporters about this.
"Its a hoax. Those scientists are defending their paychecks by interpreting the data in the most hysterical fashion possible. Its a scam to funnel taxpayer money towards liberal donor businesses. The world was always going to change with or without humans. Humanity musn't be so arrogant as to presume that we could undo God's Creation. Elon Musk is the new Soros, and wind power kills birds."

Those are all the ones I've heard and read.

Wollan

Really hoping green lobbying to grow thanks to this and hopefully be a force for a democratic win in four years.

Incarmine

Banned
The silver lining according to articles I've read is that most of this press toward clean energy and climate change awareness is coming from state and local governments, and the private sector. So despite Trump's stance, there may not be much he can in practice do to stop the shift, outside of absolutely banning renewable energy development or trying to heavily tax it, which would kill these jobs. Plus, climate change has large lobbyists like Walmart and Google, plus numerous other companies behind them.

Blader

“As far as this issue on climate change — the only thing he [Trump] was saying after being asked a few questions about it is, look, he’ll have an open mind about it but he has his default position, which most of it is a bunch of bunk, but he’ll have an open mind and listen to people.”

#1) Why isn't this part of the OP, since it's from the article, other than to rile people up?
#2) Him having an open mind is mentioned twice in the same quote by Priebus
#3) How is "straight from the horse's mouth" Priebus when it should be from Trump?
#4) It doesn't appear that a site like "thinkprogress.org" is bipartisan.

Hey, Trump has his default views. He made that stupid "Global Warming is made up by China" remark before running. Yet, a more honest article title may be "Trump now has an open mind regarding climate change." But that wouldn't rile people up and get the clicks, I guess. We need to stop with the dissonance for the sake of spite. Sure, his mind may not be very open after all (and I tend to doubt it) but what was said vs what was reported seems quite different.

When you consider the people he's putting in power, Trump's "open mind" is clearly bullshit he's peddling to the Times. Appointing Myron Ebell to oversee the EPA is not a sign of an open mind toward climate change, calling for an end to NASA's earth science division because of its focus on "politicized science" is not a sign of an open mind toward climate change.

Ryzaki009

They will probably try to "stand their ground."

Ummm neither... they will "protect their land" with their guns

Nah there's gonna be white liberals moving in too. They can only stand their ground so many times after all and it won't fly when they shoot someone who passes the skin test. Our numbers will overwhelm them.

So there's that silver lining at least.

Pomerlaw

The silver lining according to articles I've read is that most of this press toward clean energy and climate change awareness is coming from state and local governments, and the private sector. So despite Trump's stance, there may not be much he can in practice do to stop the shift, outside of absolutely banning renewable energy development or trying to heavily tax it, which would kill these jobs. Plus, climate change has large lobbyists like Walmart and Google, plus numerous other companies behind them.

+1

America isn't the world. Americans will either follow or look like fools.

By the way Canada will end the coal industry before 2030 : http://www.nationalobserver.com/201...therine-mckenna-announces-coal-phase-out-2030

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom