• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

Zerokku said:
Also, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is labeled as "Plan to Buy between: 9/12/09 - 10/5/09" But from looking around, everywhere says it releases on the 12th. Has Nintendo pushed the release ahead but not told anyone? :lol

It doesn't mean whether you plan to BUY the game during that time period, but that you have within that time period to tell Nintendo whether or not you ever plan to buy the game...

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Akai said:
It doesn't mean whether you plan to BUY the game during that time period, but that you have within that time period to tell Nintendo whether or not you ever plan to buy the game...

Ahh. Never bothered with it before so I didn't know. And the wording is a little weird.

Dragona Akehi said:
Clear your cache. It's gone.

Glad I picked up my G&W when I did (just a couple of weeks ago).

It looks like it's back up now. I tried clearing my cache to be sure and it was still there when I refreshed. Excitement cancelled.

Clipper

rainking187 said:
It looks like it's back up now. I tried clearing my cache to be sure and it was still there when I refreshed. Excitement cancelled.
I just went to check it again and it was gone still, but then, in the process of checking another PC to ensure it wasn't stuck in my workplace's cache system, I got this:

Club Nintendo Site said:
Sorry!

Club Nintendo is currently unavailable due to site maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Excitement back on!

(True it could be nothing, but BELIEVE!)

Edit: The website is alive again. G&W collection still gone. Nothing new available.

Clipper said:
I just went to check it again and it was gone still, but then, in the process of checking another PC to ensure it wasn't stuck in my workplace's cache system, I got this:

Excitement back on!

(True it could be nothing, but BELIEVE!)

Ah, interesting. Although I seem to remember last time it was down all day and they didn't add anything. I'm hoping for a new game though, possibly Game & Watch Collection 2.

Most likely they ran out of G&W cards. I believe similar things happen on Club Nintendo JP, but that they keep the listing with a "SOLD OUT" sticker on it, if I'm remembering right.

HUELEN10

Glad I got G&W for 15 USD a few months pack at GameStop!
RedNumberFive said:
Crossing my fingers for "Tingle's Balloon Fight"!
That would be so awesome! I love that game, best Balloon Fight tied with the GBC version of Balloon Kid/ Hello Kitty World.

DarkWish

Well, Denise Kaigler did say Club Nintendo would be updated this month:

"Keep your eyes on the Club Nintendo Web site in September. That’s when we will offer members some exclusive Nintendo artwork."

That's from one of the IGN Minutes or something. Hopefully we get more than just some artwork!

rpmurphy

G&W Collection is available again (sold out), and they added a new item: Legend of Zelda 3 Poster set.

club nintendo said:
The Legend of Zelda 3-Poster Series is here!

A must-have for fans of The Legend of Zelda™ series! The Collector’s Edition History of Link Poster has been designed exclusively for Club Nintendo, and features each version of Link from the original The Legend of Zelda game for the Nintendo Entertainment System™ in 1987 through The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the Nintendo DS™ in system in 2007.

This poster is accompanied by promotional posters for The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
- 3 posters ship together as a set
- Ships in a poster tube.
- Collector’s Edition History of Link Poster measures 16.5" x 28.7"
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess promotional posters measure 22" x 28"
350 Coins

EDIT: direct link

EDIT2: edited about GW being sold out

Nice, I've got a whack of points, so I could grab those posters and still have a decent amount left over that I wouldn't be too far off grabbing a new DS game, like Tingle's Balloon Fight if it was ever added as a reward.

botticus

Zelda posters are nice, but I think I'll see what kind of potential points I have sitting around. Ideally I'd like 800 in the bank in case the impossible happens and Exclamation Warriors is listed.

But they aren't letting me login anyway so that will have to wait.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Posters get! I should have enough coin to get anything else Nintendo Tosses at me, I have a ton of surveys I have yet to do.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
dallow_bg said:
Pass. I'll never do anything with those posters.

Same here. I have way too many posters as it stands anyways.

Just gonna wait for a new game or some decent DSi accessories. Preferably the former.

Scrubking

I wish it had better prizes. I've been sitting on 400 points for months now. The least they could do is switch up their stuff every month.

dallow_bg said:
Pass. I'll never do anything with those posters.

Agreed. They are nice posters, but I still have about half a dozen posters from the Squeenix store that I don't have room to hang. I'm still holding out hope for Tingle's Balloon Fight, or a SNES styled classic controller.

Those posters previously appeared on the Japanese service.

Other poster sets that were on the Japanese service included some other Zelda posters (OOT, MM & WW) and some Fire Emblem posters (I can't remember which 3 games, probably the 3 GBA games though).

Roto13

So I guess the "SOLD OUT" means they eventually plan to get more Game and Watch collections? Or is it just to taunt people who didn't get it? :p

dyls

Scrubking said:
I wish it had better prizes. I've been sitting on 400 points for months now. The least they could do is switch up their stuff every month.

Only on the internet would that be considered the least they could do.

Clipper

I only planned to have 400 coins by the end of the CN year due to the need to maximise my chance of making Platinum in the third CN year (I only saved 600 coins last year and bought the Hanafuda cards the first day of this one), so this is a perfect prize. It's great I can likely get it shipped to me with the Mario hat too.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I just noticed the Zelda posters....

The price is better than most Club Nintendo stuff, but I do wish we got something more interesting in stock. That, or cheaper.

(In other words: I'd like controllers, games, and/or toy trinkets. Cards are nice, but seem like a complete ripoff.)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's a shame the Zelda posters have the stupid ESRB box on them. Why is that necessary?

GhostSeed said:
The fuck is this shit?! I have like 620 points and I missed out on the G&W game, boooo!!!
You didn't want it, really. Get Game and Watch Gallery 4 instead. It requires hunting down a real game and spending money but still.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
May not be the best place, but does anyone in Europe have a NA Club Nintendo code they want to trade? Disaster just arrived, but I can't do much with the code it came with.

Oli

Ugh. 1000 points and don't know what to buy. Already have the G&W collection... Got exactly one use out of that.

The Zelda poster is tempting, but I already own two of them, so it would only be for the big one, and I have no way to frame it. Yes, I'd have to frame it. :\

I was kind of hoping they'd put up a soundtrack or something, but oh well.

Clipper

Has anybody not taken their Super Mario 64: DS post play survey yet? I think it's about to hit its end date in just over a month, and I'm trying to let someone know what his deadline for digging it out and signing it up is going to be (he will have to register it a month before the date to get the post play in time).

Failing that, if anybody can remember what the expiration date on that survey was (even approximately), It'd be a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom