• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know when the Japanese Club Nintendo Elite Status Prizes will be revealed? I managed to gain exactly 400 points -- the minimum needed for platinum status this year.

DarkWish

perfectchaos007 said:
I guess Nintendo really is going to wait till October 31st to give us our prizes.
Did they say they were going to add more in October? All I heard was some exclusive artwork in September, which turned out to be the Zelda posters.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Clipper said:
Has anybody not taken their Super Mario 64: DS post play survey yet? I think it's about to hit its end date in just over a month, and I'm trying to let someone know what his deadline for digging it out and signing it up is going to be (he will have to register it a month before the date to get the post play in time).

Failing that, if anybody can remember what the expiration date on that survey was (even approximately), It'd be a great help.
Expires 11/21/2009

DarkWish said:
Did they say they were going to add more in October? All I heard was some exclusive artwork in September, which turned out to be the Zelda posters.

No I was talkiing about Doc Louis punchout. It said they will let us recieve it by November 1st and I still haven't gotten an e-mail saying to get it from Nintendo Download yet. I'm assuming no one else has gotten it either

DarkWish

perfectchaos007 said:
No I was talkiing about Doc Louis punchout. It said they will let us recieve it by November 1st and I still haven't gotten an e-mail saying to get it from Nintendo Download yet. I'm assuming no one else has gotten it either
Oh okay. I got the Mario hat, which I think they said would ship in November. Yea, knowing NOA, they'll probably wait until the last week of October for the Punch-Out code.

Clipper

grandjedi6 said:
Expires 11/21/2009
Thank you. So this means there's two weeks to fill in the initial survey if you want to receive the maximum coins out of Super Mario 64: DS (due to the month delay to receive the post play survey).

DarkWish said:
Oh okay. I got the Mario hat, which I think they said would ship in November. Yea, knowing NOA, they'll probably wait until the last week of October for the Punch-Out code.

The Mario hats are listed as shipping before Nov 1 too, as are the calendars.

damn i just saw game and watch DS was sold out on the Club website. that sucks for people waiting till the last minute to claim their prize. they missed out on Game and Watch. Next month I'm sure game and watch 2 will be available

Yes Boss!

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
You didn't want it, really. Get Game and Watch Gallery 4 instead. It requires hunting down a real game and spending money but still.

Nope, form factor of the DS that parallels the original clam-shell case makes this collection a million times better. The DS game is a must for G&W fans.

Yes Boss! said:
Nope, form factor of the DS that parallels the original clam-shell case makes this collection a million times better. The DS game is a must for G&W fans.
Big whoop, the physical form-factor matches the classic. It's fine getting it for free after filling out a bunch of surveys, but after Game and Watch Gallery, which had MUCH more than just 3 titles on one cartridge, this is somewhat of a disappointment. Of course, at that point they may as well make a full game but hey.

G&W fans are collectors who'd have the originals anyway, right?

Clipper

There's some changes to the Club Nintendo website:

First, Wii Fit Plus bundle is worth 100 points (I think Wii Fit was only worth 80).

Second, all post-play surveys now appear one week after filling in the survey instead of one month after entering the code (you could previously do post-plays without filling in the registration survey).

Third, my Mario Hat is no longer marked as "Will ship by November 1" and is now marked as "Preparing". Looks like they will ship within 24 hours.

Here's the pic for the first two pieces of info:
ygzrBzktJAnjMxA3pu-cIRAItxtS2j3A.jpg

DarkWish

Clipper said:
Third, my Mario Hat is no longer marked as "Will ship by November 1" and is now marked as "Preparing". Looks like they will ship within 24 hours.
Best part of the updates.

It's too bad there are no new prizes that they've added with these updates. The zelda poster is okay, but it's not worth it for me. I want a cool DSi case or something!

Clipper

I'm not sure anybody actually received them yet (except for those that got them from Japan). I'm hearing that even people that ordered them first day were put on the "Back Ordered" list.

Hat is still at "Preparing Order"...

When do these expire? (haven't registered them yet)
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64 DS
Yoshi's Island DS

I see SM64DS is 11/21/2009, what about the others?

Also after I got the coins for them, do they expire after some time (other than the status resetting)?

whitehawk

Banned
Hmm, should I get the posters? 3 seem pretty good. I dont think I would use anything else, and I dont have enough for game and watch. (I have 440) Plus I don't really buy nintendo products anymore.

I'm not sure if this means anything, but on the newest Nintendo Week, they said on next week's episode, they will check out the "latest" Club Nintendo rewards. So unless they are going to spend a whole segment looking at Zelda posters, it could be a sign of some new stuff coming down the line.

Or they could focus on the Mario Hat & Doc's Louis' Punch-Out!!, but that would be a bit odd considering anyone getting those will already be aware of them and those items won't be available for new members.

rpmurphy

Gunloc said:
I'm not sure if this means anything, but on the newest Nintendo Week, they said on next week's episode, they will check out the "latest" Club Nintendo rewards. So unless they are going to spend a whole segment looking at Zelda posters, it could be a sign of some new stuff coming down the line.

Or they could focus on the Mario Hat & Doc's Louis' Punch-Out!!, but that would be a bit odd considering anyone getting those will already be aware of them and those items won't be available for new members.
I'm just expecting them to talk about just the stuff that's currently listed, since they do also spend time in the episodes promoting products that are already available.

Allan Holdsworth said:
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64 DS
Yoshi's Island DS

Also after I got the coins for them, do they expire after some time (other than the status resetting)?

Coins expire after 2 Club Nintendo years. Status resets every year. I don't think any of the others expire anytime soon.

rpmurphy said:
I'm just expecting them to talk about just the stuff that's currently listed, since they do also spend time in the episodes promoting products that are already available.

For anyone who wants Game&Watch Collection. Trade me a game for it or money. PM me =s

rpmurphy said:
I just find it odd they used the word "latest". I don't think stuff that's been up for almost a year would fit that description, but it is NoA.

Clipper

Allan Holdsworth said:
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64 DS
Yoshi's Island DS

The surveys for all games will expire exactly 5 years after their release date. Just look them up on Wikipedia.

And the exact formula for coin expiry is 2 years plus whatever remains of the current Nintendo year (which starts July 1). Thus, Coins earned before July 1 2009 will expire on July 1 2011.

Also, my hat is back to "To be fulfilled by Nov. 1" status... :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like they are getting ready to ship off the Hats soon:

Hello <name>,

We wanted to let you know that we are preparing to begin shipping
the 2009 Elite Status Rewards!

We had thousands of loyal Nintendo fans reach Elite Status last June
and it is going to take us a couple of weeks to ship all the orders.

So, even though your friends or neighbors may receive their Reward
before you do, please be assured that your order is being processed too!

You will receive another email when your reward order ships.

Thank you for your interest and excitement and we hope you enjoy your
Club Nintendo Elite Status Reward.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Consumer Service Department

Clipper

After that e-mail, my hat is back to "Preparing Order". Is that the same for everyone? I'm pretty sure I made my choice within an hour of the choice going live, so I'm wondering if they are shipping via order number...

Captain N

Drkirby said:

I got the same e-mail and I have the Punch-Out! Code. I think it would be pretty sweet if we got some sort of case for the game.

Hylian7

Drkirby said:
I got this email as well and I chose the Mario hat. I do wonder how the delivery for Doc Louis's Punch-Out is going to work.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Gomu Gomu said:
What are the chances we get new items? I want a new classy DSi case :(
Seriously, the case they have doesn't fit a dsi.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Fantastical said:
Wait, really? That sucks... I just ordered one today.
Any way you could post here or PM me when you find out if it's fits well or not?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
RuneFactoryFanboy said:
I wonder if those of us Punchout redeemers will be sent an code via email or are they actually shipping us redemption cards via snail mail.

I wouldn't even be remotely surprised. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom