• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
isny said:
They were giving points prior to 2009. I have points dating back to 2008. (Or are you only counting 2009+ due to the expiry of points?)

I've factored in all the earlier, "evergreen" titles which gave points. The 2009 bit deals with the bonus 20 points for Intend to Purchase and Early Registration. Those points weren't available to pre-2009 titles, generally... I'm not sure about December 2008 titles. If anyone can confirm which titles were the first to be eligible for Intend To Purchase and Early Registration, it would be helpful.

backlot

You can also create a family account to link together alts and register multiples of the same game. That could get you more coins.

Ondore

Does the WiiWare/VC stuff include older content? Pretty sure that only games released after about the summer of '08 get the survey.

sfog

Ondore said:
Does the WiiWare/VC stuff include older content? Pretty sure that only games released after about the summer of '08 get the survey.

That's correct. Only VC/WiiWare from roughly mid-October 08 (I have 10/13/08 listed as the starting point) and beyond qualify for post-play surveys.

Roto13

They're all worth 10 coins, though, regardless of how much the game cost. So you could theoretically buy all 10 Electroplankton DSiWare games for $2 each and get 100 coins.

jgkspsx

handofg0d said:
I don't because there should have only ever been 1. Every G&W + Every "Upscaled" remake version could have easily fit on one DS cart. It's offensive that it wasn't done that way. They're just milking it.
C'mon, you have to admit that Parachute + Octopus was pretty cool. Really frustrating to play, but they put at least SOME effort into that.

Tingle's Balloon Fight is the best of the Club Nintendo exclusives, but that won't ever come here.

Hmm...I registered my "Intend to Buy" for Pilotwings and Steel Diver, but it says I have to buy them by March 20, before they get released...

jwluther

Dreamwriter said:
Hmm...I registered my "Intend to Buy" for Pilotwings and Steel Diver, but it says I have to buy them by March 20, before they get released...
That's when you have to tell them you "intend to buy." So, if you've already registered for intending to buy, you should be good for the ten coin bonus whenever you register the game (through like 2015 or something).

Takao

Banned
Did I miss the Pokemon Black/White intend to buy? It's not there at all, and looking at the history in the feed, it doesn't appear like it was ever put up, though some "Buy within x-time span and earn 10 bonus points" is.

Gravijah

Takao said:
Did I miss the Pokemon Black/White intend to buy? It's not there at all, and looking at the history in the feed, it doesn't appear like it was ever put up, though some "Buy within x-time span and earn 10 bonus points" is.

That's what I was wondering, I looked a few days ago but there wasn't anything...

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Takao said:

They were up, did white like a week ago myself. Its within a week of release now though so theyve been taken down.

Takao

Banned
Zerokku said:
They were up, did white like a week ago myself. Its within a week of release now though so theyve been taken down.

I checked like last Friday and I believe they weren't there. :(

So I sent my DSi off for repair a while ago (my warranty had just expired so I had a reduced fee), and when I got it back, it looked like they sent me a new one and just transferred my info. Now I'm checking my Club Nintendo page, and it shows I have 2 DSi's, and it's asking me to register the second one. However, when I put in the serial number, it tells me I've already registered it and points me to the first one. It's not like there's any other code that came with it that I could enter because when they sent back the repaired one they just sent it back in a regular box without any extra papers or anything... What do you guys think? Is this anything worth contacting Nintendo about?

krae_man

cooljeanius said:
So I sent my DSi off for repair a while ago (my warranty had just expired so I had a reduced fee), and when I got it back, it looked like they sent me a new one and just transferred my info. Now I'm checking my Club Nintendo page, and it shows I have 2 DSi's, and it's asking me to register the second one. However, when I put in the serial number, it tells me I've already registered it and points me to the first one. It's not like there's any other code that came with it that I could enter because when they sent back the repaired one they just sent it back in a regular box without any extra papers or anything... What do you guys think? Is this anything worth contacting Nintendo about?

I think Nintendo knows you didn't buy a second DSi and isn't going to give you the points again.

I'm still trying to build up my coins so that I can get G&W Ball and both pouches, though I'm debating on being lazy and just buying the G&W from ebay at the moment.

Hopefully though, they'll have some 3DS goodies coming soon...

isny

napkin dispenser
Question for those in the know.

If I'm capped out for my Platinum membership this season, is it best to hold on to my codes until the new seasons starts? Or can I enter in the codes now as to not lose bonus points for new releases, and just ignore the survey which gives the bulk of the points after the code has been entered until I actually need them?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
isny said:
Question for those in the know.

If I'm capped out for my Platinum membership this season, is it best to hold on to my codes until the new seasons starts? Or can I enter in the codes now as to not lose bonus points for new releases, and just ignore the survey which gives the bulk of the points after the code has been entered until I actually need them?
Enter the codes now but don't fill out the registration survey until the new year starts in July.

isny

napkin dispenser
Fuzzy said:
Enter the codes now but don't fill out the registration survey until the new year starts in July.

Just entered my Pokemon Black one and it didn't give me the bonus 10 points, boo =(

Maybe it will give them to me when I actually do the survey after July?

Fuzzy

isny said:
Just entered my Pokemon Black one and it didn't give me the bonus 10 points, boo =(

Maybe it will give them to me when I actually do the survey after July?
You shouldn't get any points at all until you do the survey. Once you do then you'll get the regular points as well as the intend to buy and early registration bonuses.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Fuzzy said:
You shouldn't get any points at all until you do the survey. Once you do then you'll get the regular points as well as the intend to buy and early registration bonuses.

That's really good info. So it will hold the intend to buy and early registration bonuses over if you enter the code in time and leave the survey until after the new registration year.

Very cool, Nintendo.

Chesskid1

Banned
Chesskid1 said:
damn, still waitin on my order from Feb 9th. hell :(

i emailed support on saturday after waitin a month, they replied back on sunday and reshipped that day, received on friday. wonder what happened to my first order lol.

Chesskid1

Banned
Chesskid1 said:
i emailed support on saturday after waitin a month, they replied back on sunday and reshipped that day, received on friday. wonder what happened to my first order lol.

received a duplicate order today (monday), so i got two of the stuff i ordered. i actually ordered two items, so i ended up with 4 items total. weird, one arrived via UPS, the other via regular postal service, so i guess one took over a month, shrug, might as well keep it i guess?

Fuzzy

Chesskid1 said:
received a duplicate order today (monday), so i got two of the stuff i ordered. i actually ordered two items, so i ended up with 4 items total. weird, one arrived via UPS, the other via regular postal service, so i guess one took over a month, shrug, might as well keep it i guess?
Free to a good home thread is my suggestion. Dibs!

Chesskid1 said:

Capitalism, my friend.

antonz

well here we go for official info
how-works-coins1.jpg

Supposedly in Europe third-party 3DS games are going to come with point codes, maybe they'll bring that to the US to make up for the lower point value the 3DS gives.

Takao

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
They give you free shit, how is it a scam?

Fair enough.

It's cheap that they're valuing a much more expensive platform at the same rate as lower cost platforms. :p Only one of which follows the $1=1 coin rate.

antonz

Dreamwriter said:
Supposedly in Europe third-party 3DS games are going to come with point codes, maybe they'll bring that to the US to make up for the lower point value the 3DS gives.
Yeah I am really hoping NA will get the Club Nintendo inserts for 3rd party games.

Ondore

And if my eyes aren't deceiving me, the 3DS games apparently give 20 points instead of 10. I guess they're encouraging you to make up for it that way.

160 for registering a Wii?

Hang on, I never got coins when I registered my Wii. I got it in 2008 and registered it in 2009

:/

I can't log into my Club Nintendo account...
EDIT: Well that's dumb. Hitting enter does nothing but reset the fields, I have to actually hit the "sign in" button.

Ondore said:
And if my eyes aren't deceiving me, the 3DS games apparently give 20 points instead of 10. I guess they're encouraging you to make up for it that way.
For the people who didn't notice, this is due to the actual registration of 3DS games being 10 coins less than it should be (they're $40).

Dreamwriter said:
Only publishers who sign up (so its like the Nintendo channel again with certain games not showing up on it). We know Ubisoft is one of them.

AniHawk

30 points for $40 games is kinda bullshit.

edit: oh i see the extra ten points are added to the post-play survey. nevermind.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm assuming the 20 points for post-play is NOA trying to get more folks to do them.

The one intriguing thing here is that if standard 3DS software now gives 20 points for post play surveys, there is a chance that downloadable 3DS software will also give 20 points, instead of the paltry 10 you get for VC/WW/DSiWare.

balladofwindfishes said:
160 for registering a Wii?

Hang on, I never got coins when I registered my Wii. I got it in 2008 and registered it in 2009

:/

I can't log into my Club Nintendo account...
EDIT: Well that's dumb. Hitting enter does nothing but reset the fields, I have to actually hit the "sign in" button.

Only the ones with Wii Sports + Resort come with points. Not sure if the Mario Red bundle did also.

Busaiku

Is there any way to get rid of games from my To Do list?
Obviously these are games I don't intend to buy.

I accidentally did a survey for Pokemon White (because I didn't see Black and assumed it was for both), and it just irks me that it'll be there for 5 years.

Clipper

Busaiku said:
Is there any way to get rid of games from my To Do list?
Obviously these are games I don't intend to buy.

I accidentally did a survey for Pokemon White (because I didn't see Black and assumed it was for both), and it just irks me that it'll be there for 5 years.
I've never seen one. Thankfully, the list seems to expand to indefinite length, so it shouldn't be a problem apart from annoyance. Further incentive to buy, I guess?

In any case, my list has a whole lot of games waiting for registration. Mostly, that's because I went and bought the local version (Australia) instead of the US one, but there are also a few surveys I accidentally clicked and didn't even fill out and it added them to my list.

krae_man

Did Nintendo change the code expiry date rules? I just entered a bunch of codes and all the expiry dates are one week from today.

Hahaha this is amazing. I traded my DSi in to Gamestop for the credit towards the 3DS, and now whoever has it is buying things from the DSi Store and it's getting credited to me. Yay freebies.

The best part is they're buying absolute crap games. MyNotebook, Asphalt 4, Arcade Bowling. Whatever, 10 extra coins for me.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
PhoenixSFT said:
Hahaha this is amazing. I traded my DSi in to Gamestop for the credit towards the 3DS, and now whoever has it is buying things from the DSi Store and it's getting credited to me. Yay freebies.

The best part is they're buying absolute crap games. MyNotebook, Asphalt 4, Arcade Bowling. Whatever, 10 extra coins for me.
That's awesome.

Gravijah said:
Sheeeeet. So close to Platinum, which means I'm gonna have to hold out on registering my 3DS.
Yeah I tend to hold back a few games/surveys whenever I get within 30 points of platinum just in case they spring an end of the year survey like the did last year. Then then the new year starts I'm pretty much platinum again.

Gravijah

Jive Turkey said:
Yeah I tend to hold back a few games/surveys whenever I get within 30 points of platinum just in case they spring an end of the year survey like the did last year. Then then the new year starts I'm pretty much platinum again.

Do they usually do that? Because damn it, I'm gonna be about 20 points short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom