• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

I'm quite puzzled myself as to the criteria,

I don't bother getting stars so never fill out surveys, I didn't get the tomodachi life demo access, but have participated in the free game offers for 3DS, as well as having both WiiU and 3DS registered and NNID linked.

I really hope they're not just alternating between members for these exclusive demo type things, because honestly, I'd rather get picked for the pokemon ORAS demo than a smash bros demo, and would feel annoyed if getting picked for smash opted me out of a game i was more interested in purchasing (on a handheld).

also

Banned
The last eShop survey I did was MK8 (I don't need the stars so don't do the surveys). I've done registration surveys since then.

The welcome page of the site does still inform me about my MK8 game code despite the fact I redeemed it already...

Could the codes be staggered for server load?
Maybe that's the reason, but then it's strange that you got the Tomodachi Life code...
Come to think of it, I never got the TL code, so maybe they are just sending the codes to different people this time around. Anyone got both codes?

I too have used my free game code but still see it on my CN welcome page. If the previous CN promotions are any indication, that MK8 code notification will be there for a looong time.

It would be nice if NOE actually had some requirements, as a Club Nintendo member of 12 years I feel rather unloved.

Heh, I felt this way when I didn't get a Tomodachi code. I already had the game by the time they were being sent but still, it would've been nice to be included.
My brother got one and he also got Smash codes. I wonder if people are picked at random each time or if there's a 'master list' of sorts who will always be included...?

FryHole

Maybe that's the reason, but then it's strange that you got the Tomodachi Life code...
Come to think of it, I never got the TL code, so maybe they are just sending the codes to different people this time around. Anyone got both codes?

I too have used my free game code but still see it on my CN welcome page. If the previous CN promotions are any indication, that MK8 code notification will be there for a looong time.

I got Tomodatchi and Smash codes, I don't know what the logic is.

LonDonE

Neo Member
Dude i just wanted to ask do you know if their is any way for club nintendo UK users to get free downloadable games like they give to Americana club nintendo users?
I think its unfair that a similar rewards program is not available to European members!

Sony also has a rewards program for PSN as does Microsoft with Xbox Live and again both companies just like Nintendo only offer these services to American gamers while us in Europe get the middle finger! WTF this is bull!!!!

I dont see why we in Europe are treating like second rate gamers, we should be given these services just like our American cousins! seriously i hate how how companies treat us in Europe like dirt and like they dont care for our money! this stings especially more when you consider that on average we in U.K pay substantially more for our games thanks to the bloody queen! Any great post and keep up the good work! !

Dude i just wanted to ask do you know if their is any way for club nintendo UK users to get free downloadable games like they give to Americana club nintendo users?
I think its unfair that a similar rewards program is not available to European members!
Yes buy Nintendo points and get Wii Shop and DSi Shop purchases. The exchange rates are so bad you're better off spending the stars on physical goods and selling those on eBay.

As for the rest of the rant. Look at US Club Nintendo, they have like 2 things in stock (that are not games), Europe gets like 12...we get physical goods, they get digital goods. The grass is always greener if you ask enough people.

This isn't about the Smash Code but I have over 7000 points and was wondering how often the catalogue updates. It looks a bit crap at the moment to be honest. I was looking at the Galaxy Soundtrack but apparently there's a Platinum version as well as a SMG 2 soundtrack. Is there any chance of these returning or should I just go with the normal soundtrack?

This isn't about the Smash Code but I have over 7000 points and was wondering how often the catalogue updates. It looks a bit crap at the moment to be honest. I was looking at the Galaxy Soundtrack but apparently there's a Platinum version as well as a SMG 2 soundtrack. Is there any chance of these returning or am should I just go with the normal soundtrack?
Check the the NOE twitter account. It is about one new item every month.

Did we ever get the SMG2 soundtrack? We did get SM3DW (2 discs for 3000 stars) recently. Items rarely come back (the Luigi statue did).

I don't know why they ever made the 1 disc SMG soundtrack, guess it is a joke Item like the 5000 star DS LITE starter kit.

Check the the NOE twitter account. It is about one new item every month.

Did we ever get the SMG2 soundtrack? We did get SM3DW (2 discs for 3000 stars) recently. Items rarely come back (the Luigi statue did).

I don't know why they ever made the 1 disc SMG soundtrack, guess it is a joke Item like the 5000 star DS LITE starter kit.

Yeah I was thinking of waiting but what you said about items rarely coming back and the possibility of the Galaxy soundtrack disappearing as well I might go for it. Kind of dumb how it's only the first disc but it looks cool. I started registering a bunch of stuff today in case any special demos happen again and I thought I might get some Club Nintendo stuff as well but it doesn't look great at the moment.

LonDonE

Neo Member
Yes buy Nintendo points and get Wii Shop and DSi Shop purchases. The exchange rates are so bad you're better off spending the stars on physical goods and selling those on eBay.

As for the rest of the rant. Look at US Club Nintendo, they have like 2 things in stock (that are not games), Europe gets like 12...we get physical goods, they get digital goods. The grass is always greener if you ask enough people.

LOL i appreciate the reply pal and lol at stating the obvious!!
Obviously i could of figured out the getting the points part! anyhow about the digital goods vs physical for me i would much more prefer to be able to swap the stars for e shop games & virtual console stuff etc to each their own i suppose! actually i like the physical stuff too like the pikmin key rings which i have but most of the stuff i just dont want and so i would love to be able to choose between physical or digital.

Again thanks allot for the reply you are actually the first person to reply to me on gaf since i know allot of people just ignore juniors! but forget that we all have to start out as juniors and so everyone has been there! cheers once again pal for your opinion!
And happy gaming!! peace out.

*ps why is it i wasn't given a notification when you replied to me? maybe i need to go through the settings on my gaf account?

Actually, after looking at the tracklist, forget it. I could kind of see the justification for Platinum being a super limited addition if they had a couple of extra songs but it's literally almost double the amount. 28 on one disc and 53 on the other disc exclusive to the Platinum. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? All of it isn't even music you rarely hear like jingles, one of the Bowser themes and some boss music is on that disc.

Guess I'll just keep the stars for now and see if anything decent comes up before they start to expire. Also, why are Wii/DSi point cards still on the catalogue and not eShop cards?

choodi

Banned
I just picked up a copy of Call of Duty Black Ops II and it came with two Club Nintendo codes.

Turns out I can't register the same game twice, so does anyone want to do a swap?

PM me.

I also have 3 unused Australian Smash Bros codes if anyone wants them.

L~A

Well, it was supposed to end on Sept. 11, but looks like it's still going on. No idea why, but it's probably nothing.

^ The problem with hardware codes (and Pokemon typing) is there is no foil on them, probably why they are starting to be phased out.

Anyway the terms of the promo state the hardware registration window has opened now (from 11th Sept actually).

Speaking of which, the stars catalogue and Club Nintendo is back online (I'm guessing that is why you couldn't check)

One of these didn't read the small print, totally my fault things:
Nintendo 3DS software that is also available in packaged form = 250 Stars. Completing the survey within 28 days after download = additional 250 Stars
Well, that is a few stars
I don't need
down the drain...I thought it was additional for life. Good to know in future.

Still I was under the impression only first party games got this and that isn't stated there.

also

Banned
^ The problem with hardware codes (and Pokemon typing) is there is no foil on them, probably why they are starting to be phased out.

Anyway the terms of the promo state the hardware registration window has opened now (from 11th Sept actually).

Speaking of which, the stars catalogue and Club Nintendo is back online (I'm guessing that is why you couldn't check)

One of these didn't read the small print, totally my fault things:

Well, that is a few stars
I don't need
down the drain...I thought it was additional for life. Good to know in future.

Still I was under the impression only first party games got this and that isn't stated there.
How come you don't fill out the surveys to get the stars?
I know there's rarely anything good in the catalog but maybe, just maybe someday they will out up something awesome... Something like the Wii SNES controller that went out of stock just before I had enough stars ;_;

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Argh, bought a 3DS XL code in eBay for the Smash/Pokémon free game promotion but I still can't check if it's legit or not...
Why shouldn't it be legit if you already registered it? The action banner probably won't show up before Smash Bros. is released.

TheMoon

... Something like the Wii SNES controller that went out of stock just before I had enough stars ;_;

tumblr_mxys9eSkA01qhfir7o2_400.jpg

How come you don't fill out the surveys to get the stars?
I know there's rarely anything good in the catalog but maybe, just maybe someday they will out up something awesome... Something like the Wii SNES controller that went out of stock just before I had enough stars ;_;
If I don't fill the surveys in I can cash the stars in whenever I want rather than being forced to spend them within 24 months of doing those surveys. It makes me more likely to have enough when something awesome comes along. It probably makes no real difference but it makes me feel better.

Now that I know about how the Nintendo 3DS software that is also available in packaged form play out I'll be sure to do those though.

Ooooh when did they slim down the surveys, did a few last night and I see they've squashed like every 3 pages worth of crap into one, much better

My guess is that is what the maintenance period changed. Game registration at the start of September (I do games due to expire that month at the start of that month) was the same as it has always been.

Thing is it seems to only submit at the end of the survey anyway so it being broken up into multiple pages never really made sense.

jimi_dini

Is it normal that I don't get a survey or stars for Virtual Console games? I bought Zelda 2 (NES) a few weeks ago and haven't received anything. I got stars for VC games back on Wii.

Top Bottom