• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

This one is a beauty, but...

I have 450 Stars. 450.

I have 400 Stars lol
I understand your pain :'(

Edit: found two surveys for downloaded games \o/ (I still feel your pain a little Klap but I'm just going to dance a little first... sorry)
Edit2: the Ninten gods punished me since I don't see any changes and I still have 400 Stars. I guess I shouldn't have dance too soon ;_;

This one is a beauty, but...

I have 450 Stars. 450.
You might not like the obvious buy games answer but assuming the list is accurate there are a few very cheap DS games that are still valid (Brain Training but not More Brain Training, Inazuma Eleven 2, Nintendogs). Inazuma Eleven 2 is probably the safest due to sealed copies being the cheap ones rather than used.

Also if one ever abused the Mario Kart 8 promo then any extra Club Nintendo accounts made will have 500 stars (assuming they were never spent).

You might not like the obvious buy games answer but assuming the list is accurate there are a few very cheap DS games that are still valid (Brain Training but not More Brain Training, Inazuma Eleven 2, Nintendogs). Inazuma Eleven 2 is probably the safest due to sealed copies being the cheap ones rather than used.

Also if one ever abused the Mario Kart 8 promo then any extra Club Nintendo accounts made will have 500 stars (assuming they were never spent).

I thought somebody in this thread tried to register Bayonetta recently and it had expired, but it's still on this list. I'm close to buying Inazuma Eleven but I'm not sure if I should go for a game I have absolutely no interest in... What about Captain Toad and Batman Arkham City? Do those codes work? (Did Batman even have a code?) I already have Origins and City is pretty cheap on Amazon.
First World Problems

Edit: Nevermind, a friend gave me a code from Ocarina of Time 3D and it still worked! Still, thanks for the help guys :)

openrob

I thought somebody in this thread tried to register Bayonetta recently and it had expired, but it's still on this list. I'm close to buying Inazuma Eleven but I'm not sure if I should go for a game I have absolutely no interest in... What about Captain Toad and Batman Arkham City? Do those codes work? (Did Batman even have a code?) I already have Origins and City is pretty cheap on Amazon.
First World Problems

Edit: Nevermind, a friend gave me a code from Ocarina of Time 3D and it still worked! Still, thanks for the help guys :)

I recently bought bayo 1+2 and couldn't register it :(

I just filled out the last of my surveys and I had exactly 500 stars, I just had to get that blue 3DS theme. It just looks so good, probably my favourite theme I got on my 3DS.

MrPanic

Grabbed the blue and the hanafuda theme (even though I already have the regular hanafuda one). Both look absolutely great especially on my black n3ds. 6300 stars left, hopefully I didn't just screw myself out of something awesome in the future. :p

Steph_E.

Just been on Club Nintendo and the survey for the Metroid Trilogy I downloaded in January had finally turned up, so I now have a massive 1300 points. Getting my other half Mario Party 10 for birthday next month, so that will net me another 250 when I claim them. I think I will probably be getting Super Mario Lost Levels, as that is the only thing that appeals to me in my points range.

Craft

Just been on Club Nintendo and the survey for the Metroid Trilogy I downloaded in January had finally turned up, so I now have a massive 1300 points. Getting my other half Mario Party 10 for birthday next month, so that will net me another 250 when I claim them. I think I will probably be getting Super Mario Lost Levels, as that is the only thing that appeals to me in my points range.

I'm afraid the Mario party points would have expired in March.
If you are after the lost levels on the 3DS those levels can be unlocked in 'Super Mario Bros. Deluxe' which was offered for free a little while back.

Edit: In fact deluxe is the same price so it would be better value to go for that, the only downside is the resolution.

TheMoon

Your Mario Party 10 copy will come with a CN points card that has an expiration date of March 31, 2015. You won't be getting any stars from that.

Doopliss

Your Mario Party 10 copy will come with a CN points card that has an expiration date of March 31, 2015. You won't be getting any stars from that.
Some expired games were still registering as of the 1st of this month, Mario Party 10 among them. So it might still work but there's no guarantee.

It's mentioned on the previous page of this thread.

I just got a newsletter. More items soon. Here a\re some lazy, hotlinked, img dumps:
CN_Ending_Reminder_Mail_part1_enGB.jpg

CN_Ending_Reminder_Mail_part2_enGB.jpg

Hope you did not spend all your stars on a download of Chibi Robo.

Joqu

Nice. Out of those I really want the Captain Toad lamp, Luigi diorama and Mario Kart 8 soundtrack, but unfortunately I'll probably only be able to grab one of them, maybe 2 but that'd be cutting it close. Oh well.

Ok, perfect. I'll take that Mario Kart 8 soundtrack and the awesome Captain Toad lamp when they get added. I've got about another 2k in stars unredeemed lying around so hopefully 12k will be enough to get both and maybe the coasters or lightning trophy to pair with my special cup one.

No stars left and all this look awesome :'(
Why Nintendo, why! >_<

I've finally received my last survey's stars so I could buy the 3DS theme though. It's cool.

Intel_89

Seriously Nintendo, why did it take you this long to release this ammount of new items? I still have 5200 stars but that won't be enough to grab much.

cyba89

Oh my god, that Captain Toad! Why doesn't Nintendo sell this stuff for regular money (at least the soundtracks)?
I buy like 80% of Nintendos First-Party Line Up and still can't afford everything I want.

MLH

I'm amazed anyone will be able to afford any of that stuff, with us no longer able to acquire stars and stars expiring surely no one could have saved up more than 10000.

I've had 2850 stars since the end of March, I spent 1000 yesterday on those cool 3DS themes. Hopefully I'll have enough to grab the Goodbye Club Nintendo coin - I was hoping for something like that or a pin.

Toaster05

I'd be all over that Captain Toad figure, only I wish they'd modelled him with his mouth open.

I will probably go for another game card case and maybe the goodbye coin. Doubt I could even afford anything else.

RiggyRob

In for Mario Kart 8 soundtrack, and I wouldn't mind the coaster set either. Might consider the digital downloads first before that though.

I hope the Club Nintendo goodbye coin is fairly cheap.

Heartfyre

Mario Kart 8 soundtrack is mine...assuming it'll be 3000 stars, as that's all I have. I'd like the coin as well, but I'm unlikely to get both, which is a shame.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
The new stuff really looks good. I'm happy with my Majora Lamp though. Doubt I'll get anything else with my remaining 150 stars.

mclem

Right, time to throw all my remaining stars at least towards that lamp. Anything else would be a bonus. I haven't taken stock of how many unclaimed vouchers I have, but I've got 4000 stars without them, so I think I've got a chance.

I assume this email basically exists as a "This is what you can expect, so don't sit on stars in the hope that something else will appear. That's it!"

(I'm also slightly curious about "Kirby's Dream Blanket", for kitchness)

TheMoon

I meant more with regards to the stuff coming soon.. I see I have enough for the 3D world soundtrack, so hopefully that's enough for MK8's.

I'd like the coin, though I doubt I have enough stars.

Well we don't know what it will cost outside of the stuff that's returning and the stars values for those have been mentioned on this page.

Top Bottom