• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Pureview *Velvet Rope* Thread of Floating Lenses or GTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirty

Banned
WP_20121118_20_27_37_Cinemagraph.gif

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
pic_A1zR_l.jpg

Flash extends down the street and into my neighbor's garage. Damn Nokia, how you do that?

While not the best shot in the world, this is a photo that's just not possible on any other phone. It was very dark and raining.

thirty

Banned
pic_A1zR_l.jpg

Flash extends down the street and into my neighbor's garage. Damn Nokia, how you do that?

While not the best shot in the world, this is a photo that's just not possible on any other phone. It was very dark and raining.
I had someone ask me if the phone had some kind of infrared light to capture its stunning low light pics, hahahahhaa.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Those pics are great. I haven't been anywhere nice to take interesting pics. It is just cold and grey outside.

Milchjon

If only Nokia found a way to leverage Cinemagraphs...

A first step would probably be to find an easier way to share.

SmokyDave

The low light shots are absolutely staggering. If I took any of those pics with my phone it'd just be solid black. Awesome tech.

That was confusing the shit out of me because I've been making 'em on iOS for a while. Then I realised that app is called Cinemagram, not Cinemagraph.

thirty

Banned
Is the phone that good, or you people are just amazing photographers?
the phone is that good. plus, people are posting their best results here. the camera isn't the end all be all. it still needs some corrections; daylight pics could be sharper and it can often over expose lowlight pics. even with those correctable flaws the camera is still a giant leap over any camera phone out there.

A first step would probably be to find an easier way to share.
i'd like to see Nokia release Cinemagraph on all platforms and release their own social media app for it. something like that could potentially dethrone instagram as the defacto social/photo app. cinemagraphs taken by pureview cameras would still show their superiority and lure Nokia to their brand so I think it would be a win win.

BTW, I got my magnetized lenses last night. expect samples soon.

kharma45

Finally found this thread, god damn some of those shots are great.

Can't wait to see some FW updates improve the camera further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom