• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Pureview *Velvet Rope* Thread of Floating Lenses or GTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwalker84

Some Pics I took at Phipps Conservatory (Lumia 1020)

Link to full album: http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/hwalker84/library/Phipps Conservatory

WP_20130817_12_15_42_Pro_zpsd0f9f124.jpg~original

WP_20130817_12_53_56_Pro_zpscff56555.jpg~original

WP_20130817_12_01_29_Pro_zps3948cf22.jpg~original

WP_20130817_12_08_16_Pro_zps0c1168ac.jpg~original

WP_20130817_12_50_20_Pro_zps96922e69.jpg~original

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I thought it would be fun to do a comparison of Nokia's imaging capabilities for their Lumia line by taking a pic on their lowest end Lumia, the 520, and their highest end one, the 1020:

Lumia 520:

Lumia 1020 (5mp version):

Unfortunately, imgur only allows uploads as big as 10mb, so the 1020 pic is the downsampled 5mb version. If anyone knows of a image site I can upload the full res image to, let me know and I'll link the full res picture above. The 520 pic is full res.

Cinemagraph I made:

Not sure how to get it to upload the full quality version
upload to nokia's site, then change your phone's browser settings to display the full website (not mobile) then in Nokia's site, under the picture there should be a "download link" I believe, and you just copy the link to your clipboard and share.

Nokia still needs to work on making it easier.

Pictures from my recent visit to Seattle Center Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit. All pictures were taken with 1020 on "auto" setting without flash. (Flash photography was discouraged at the exhibit but several people were using them due to their cameras lack of low light imaging).

Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit by antiquegamer, on Flickr

Here is a link to the set

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjKkfYeS

Milchjon

I hate, hate, hate you and your tropical lifestyle, Van.

Unfollowed on Instagram, ignored on GAF.

It's gorgeous

kharma45

Before and after shots with the RAW update to the 1020

Nokia-DNG-Before_after.jpg

On the left is unprocessed RAW image and on the right one can see processed images. These images are from Lumia 1020 and see how the noise disappears in processed images. That’s exactly what one can achieve with RAW support

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Nope, I'm not selling my 1020 for that. I think next year they'll have the true successor to my precious phone unless MS screws up.

Nope, I'm not selling my 1020 for that. I think next year they'll have the true successor to my precious phone unless MS screws up.
yeah, as great as the 1020/1520 phones are, I can see where they can improve.

for one, the pureview 808 uses software image stabilization. the pureview successors use optical image stabilization. high end point and shoots use a combination of both software and hardware stabilization. I think the new successor will have this tech and provide another breakthrough in smartphone camera performance.

I normally don't like HDR, but I was curious of the bracketing options on the 1020 and these are the results, bonus of a ship, a cat, and a tree photos
I don't understand why Nokia added options for bracketing yet didn't include the option to combine the pics? Hopefully in 8.1.

f0lken

I don't understand why Nokia added options for bracketing yet didn't include the option to combine the pics? Hopefully in 8.1.

Yeah, is a big oversight, especially with how popular are the HDR options these days and how few apps are there for it on WP but as you said, hopefully soon we'll have the optiom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom