• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Pureview *Velvet Rope* Thread of Floating Lenses or GTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

First two are low light pictures

wp20121122011.jpg

wp20121126002.jpg

wp20121124019.jpg

wp20121124011.jpg

wp20121124016.jpg

wp20121123009.jpg

dLMN8R

Walking home from my bus stop last night, I saw a huge house with a great lighting job.

Not the best quality overall, but this pic was taken with a nearly pitch-black sky, and in the viewfinder appeared almost entirely unrecognizable from the final result:

Fkn5f.jpg

A seafood/veggie meal.

Flash off:
wa5RZ.jpg

Flash on:
TS14H.jpg

Bullza2o

Sorry for not posting pictures, but is it just me or is it somewhat hard taking pictures with my Lumia 920? I have to really make sure I don't shake the phone because even the slightest will make the,picture blurry because of the amount of light it captures. This is for nighttime pics btw.

also it is hard taking pictures of the scenery while inside a moving vehicle. My guess is due to its slower shutter speed?

Sorry for not posting pictures, but is it just me or is it somewhat hard taking pictures with my Lumia 920? I have to really make sure I don't shake the phone because even the slightest will make the,picture blurry because of the amount of light it captures. This is for nighttime pics btw.

also it is hard taking pictures of the scenery while inside a moving vehicle. My guess is due to its slower shutter speed?

Occasionally a photo will be blurry, but it's not a big issue. If anything, just tap the screen to prevent shaking when you press the button.

Bullza2o

Occasionally a photo will be blurry, but it's not a big issue. If anything, just tap the screen to prevent shaking when you press the button.

Maybe the Auto mode doesn't do a good job in that situation. Have you tried switching to Sports mode?

I think the Portico update did improve the pictures I took recently. I used sports mode, but it makes the scene too dark. Playing around with the settings allowed me to get a fast snap and good lighting though, so all is fine now.

spadge

That would be me :(

Pureview 808 garbage as a phone. I've never been so frustrates with a smartphone ever.

It takes good pictures but having no image stabilizer on still hurts it.

Concert videos are OK but no match for the Sony rx100 in videos and stipls. Only good thing is the rich audio recording that's is in stereo compare to mono on the 920..

Here's the concert I've recorded with the 808.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3E82gSF074&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'll show you guys sample shots vs. The rx100 later on.

Your video made me sad that I left my Vita at home (visiting parents over the holidays)

Really want to play DJMAX now.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I took some great pictures on this trip, its just crazy how many times the floating lens comes in useful. Indoors, low light, dining out, inconsistent lighting. This is the most underrated feature in a smartphone, maybe ever. While everyone is doing commercials about 1080p screens, I can't wait until IOS is mainstream. Or at least on the next iPhone so the tech press will realize how much of a game changer this is for cell phone photography, and thus for mainstream casual photo taking, which is done overwhelmingly on phones.

MCD

http://wmpoweruser.com/symbian-stalwart-camerapro-app-comes-to-windows-phone-8/

CameraPro is a software application popular on Symbian for enhancing the functions of your camera.

The software has now made the jump to Windows Phone 8, bringing along unprecedented control over your camera.

The app offers:

• Fast access to camera features
  • Support for manual focus distances
  • Auto-, Macro-, Touch focus
  • Manual exposure times
  • Exposure locking
  • ISO up to 3200
  • Enable disable focus assistant light
  • Disable shutter sound
  • Custom image filenames
  • Front and back camera support
  • Overlays including virtual horizon/level meter, compass, grid
  • Camera modes: normal, timer, burst, time-lapse, anti-shake, bracketing
  • Windows Phone 8 Lens integration
  • Upload to Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, Twitter from CameraPro

The developer warns features available will differ from phone to phone. Unfortunately they did not include a free trail with the app, which is rather stupid under the circumstances, especially with numerous HTC 8X users reporting the app is crashing on start-up.

Nokia Lumia 920 owners however appear pretty happy, and if you want to take a gamble you can find the app in the Windows Phone Store here for $2.49 or local equivalent.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why, but I thought it was the focus-assisted light that helped in low light even with the flash off, but I turned it off and it still is awesome. Still probably better to keep it on, but if you don't want to blind people it is good to have it off.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Don't forget about the Panorama app by Nokia. I would like some higher res pics out of it, but the stitching software is the best I've ever used. I can't tell where each picture ends and the other begins, it's fantastic.

Seriously, copy this link in a separate tab and zoom in: http://i.imgur.com/zhvptLq.jpg Where the heck are the seams?

thirty

Banned
Don't forget about the Panorama app by Nokia. I would like some higher res pics out of it, but the stitching software is the best I've ever used. I can't tell where each picture ends and the other begins, it's fantastic.

Seriously, copy this link in a separate tab and zoom in: http://i.imgur.com/zhvptLq.jpg Where the heck are the seams?
yes, panorama is amazing. I believe though that the last update shrank the size. Sucks, they should have just added options to change the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom