• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clubhouse Games Official Euro Thread (dump friend codes here)

Neo Child

Banned
Anyone up for some Texas Hold 'Em? Or another game just now. I'll add anyone who replies that they want a game.

My FC is 5283 6281 9629

My username on 42ATC is '+Skarma+'

dyls

This game is not only the most fleshed WFC title so far, it's also the best local multiplayer game. I just got done with some sinlge-card multi (four players) and it rocked. First, the loading times are almost non-existant because it sends each game seperately. The first download, for the shell, takes maybe 6 seconds, and each game takes between 1 and 4 seconds to load. Also, if the connection is lost for any reason (happened once to us in a three-hour session) rather than just freaking out and shutting down like other DS games, it just asks if you would like to resume the connection, and then does so immediately, with no loss in stats or rankings. Also, it's ****ing fun, and good for hours at a time.

SpoDaddy said:
Added everyone!

I started a thread for this in online gaming http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...79#post4552779

This way it'll be easier to keep track of each other's codes and find games (since the thread won't get buried in general chat)

SpoDaddy: 2191-2391-1034

I don't mind you using the list of names I made, but it took me kind of a while, you could at least credit me. :) I'm adding everyone new to the first post (and my list)

Glass Joe

anyone up for a game tonight? i've seriously got about 50 of you on my buddy list, but have only met up with a scant few...

Vexidus

I'd be up for some gaming, I'll check for rooms periodically to see if there's a party goin on, and keep watching this thread too

Glass Joe

what in god's name does perjure mean? vex totally perjured me in word balloon...

actually, i just looked it up on webster.com, and that's exactly what it means!

Vexidus

haha yeah, word balloon in mission mode is ridiculous because of words like that, you need to be very lucky

I just happened to guess the P at the very end to give me one more letter filled-in than you, I think it woulda been a tie otherwise

jgkspsx

You don't need that much luck for word balloon ;)

Koi Koi, though? Is there any strategy to that game? It's very pretty, and very relaxing, but for all the strategy there I'd rather be playing Hanafuda solitaire.

jgkspsx

jamesinclair said:
Am I missing something, or does this game lack a hot-potato mode for games like checkers and chess?
Near as I can tell: yep.
And if so, WTF?
Dunno. It really (really) pissed me off when I realized it. It would have been so trivial to do. Oh well -- Nintendo sez, "Buy two DSes lol!"

how do you play backgammon? I cannot win against the computer no matter what. I really hate that game. I also hate rummy, but that's mainly because they don't play it the same way I do IRL i.e. if there is a card you want in the middle of the pile, you can pick it up but you have to take all the cards above it to do so. Without this, games can get stuck on a infinite loop (it's happened three times so far) and you can't win.

Vexidus

Backgammon is my next favourite game after billiards!

To win you basically have to make decisions based on what dice you roll, and judge the amount of risk you should take depending on the dice your oponent has been rolling

Try to always keep your pieces doubled up so they can't be taken, and try to trap your opponent in your home area for as long as possible! With some luck you'll even be able to double up all of your home spaces and get your opponent permanently trapped and unable to roll, until you clear up your 6 space and by that time there's no chance he'll win unless you make a roll that forces you to leave a piece open and he gets you

It's a great game but can be really frustrating sometimes like when your opponent opens with 6-5 or 6-6 or something like that and keeps getting nice rolls

You know what game I hate? Hasami Shogi, wtf is goin on there! I can't ever win that, Shogi as well

Vexidus

People still playing this? I still play like every day lol, it's so fun to play while listening to various podcasts

My billiards rank is getting better:

Chg-Billiards-24.jpg

I'm getting into Balance again too, I'm ranked 57 in that right now, I would really love to have like a 6 or 8 person game of that! Not for ranking up but just for the fun factor.. The biggest game of Balance I've found was a 4 player game and it was pretty sweet

Bo130

I'm playing Billiard now, then. Trying to rise my rank there as well. I'm Bo130 in the game too. Hope to find you.

Vexidus

Bo130 said:
I'm playing Billiard now, then. Trying to rise my rank there as well. I'm Bo130 in the game too. Hope to find you.

I know I've played you before, like way back when I first got the game

You better watch out if you face me again in a match ;D

Bo130

You too. Hope to meet up with you :p I'm still better placed in Sevens and a few other games, though. I'm about #50 in Billiards :)

Vexidus

Billiards is my best simply because I play it more than other games, but I'm also decently ranked in some others like backgammon (57), and takeover (48)

Something neat I noticed is that the amount of ranked people in bowling is over 10,000 now and the rank is capped at 9999

Bowling is fun with friends but worldwide it can be pretty frustrating cuz it's obvious when someone is using a credit card to get a strike every time, and stuff like that

Vexidus

Something I'm into now is unlocking all the different designs for games, there are some pretty neat ones! I unlocked all of the card ones, using the game Spit because it was super fast to get wins! My fav card designs are marble and aqua, pretty cool stuff!

I got the first mahjong one but it wasn't worth the effort, working on random ones now!

It's kind of a neat change of pace from trying to rank up worldwide, all while listening to podcasts of course! Plus when I host games, I'll be able to change designs and awe the other ppl in my room! :D

mrkgoo

Ok, I just finished the last puzzle in escape (after playing through easy normal and hard stamp mode).

I get nothing for my efforts?!

My code:

1804 8758 8727

I'm loving chess, chinese checkers, five card draw, darts...great online game.

EDIT: just realized this is the EURO thread...I'm in the US...whatever.

Top Bottom