• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CM Punk will finally make his UFC debut at UFC 203 in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

usa-today-8307976.0.jpg

Trailer: https://twitter.com/ufc/status/763165478722244608
Just as a reminder

Can someone gif that punch?

Seriously, he seems like a really nice guy with big ambitions but this pretty much convinced me he's probably gonna get demolished.

I feel like every wrestling fan wants to see punk get his ass whooped

That's because wrestling fans are shallow and can't appreciate nor recognize the sacrifice wrestlers do for them and feel like they are owed things.

Actually scratch that. Change wrestling fans to WWE fans. Those two things aren't necessarily the same and the butthurt from some fans demanding he lose for "abandoning" them and the WWE is a good reason why.

That's because wrestling fans are shallow and can't appreciate nor recognize the sacrifice wrestlers do for them and feel like they are owed things.

Actually scratch that. Change wrestling fans to WWE fans. Those two things aren't necessarily the same and the butthurt from some fans demanding he lose for "abandoning" them and the WWE is a good reason why.
Let's not act like Punk's general whiny asshole-ish demeanor doesn't have something to do with it. If Daniel Bryan were healthy and were trying this everyone would be behind him.

Anth0ny

ooooooooooor he's a whiny unlikable asshole

BadAss2961

Let's not act like Punk's general whiny asshole-ish demeanor doesn't have something to do with it. If Daniel Bryan were healthy and were trying this everyone would be behind him.
Yup. I don't hate Punk or anything, but I know he's kind of a dick. A hypocrite too for skipping straight to UFC PPV when he bitched a lot about legends coming in and taking the spotlight from the main WWE roster. At least those guys had paid their dues at some point.

whiny = not wanting to get fucked over by triple h and vince mcmahon anymore

Whiny = company doesn't help treat potentially life threatening staph infection for six months.

Whiny = wanting to be the main event when he has the biggest belt in the company but isn't allowed to and main events one or two shows his entire one year tenure as champion.

What an aashole.

ViciousDS

Banned
Whiny = company doesn't help treat potentially life threatening staph infection for six months.

Whiny = wanting to be the main event when he has the biggest belt in the company but isn't allowed to and main events one or two shows his entire one year tenure as champion.

What an aashole.

god, I live 45 minutes away from Rosemont and should have fucking went to money in the bank that pay per view. Would probably have been the greatest sports entertainment event I would have ever seen in my life. My home city was absolutely fucking glorious in supporting him and the shit he went through. That whole setup was arguably one of the greatest storylines in the last 5 years. Because it was REAL, the shit he dealt with and the crap he had to deal with, the mic drops, pipe bombs and what he had to say.

Whiny aashole = brought lapsed and new faces to WWE programming wondering what the fuck is going on with this pipe bomb thing is and is he really taking the belt with him? Brought more eyeballs and positive attention to the WWE in years in a post-Benoit WWE and can't be granted the main event at Wresltmania when it was fully deserved. Fans complain WWE doesn't make new stars and don't reward people who work hard but nah, he's whiny and an asshole.

WWE fans are goofy.

I hope he wins handedly so the WWE fans go back to watching a show they bitch about and hate every week to spare everyone else their presence.

jadedm17

The CM Punk signing is a total embarrassment for the rest of the UFC roster, and the sport of MMA in general. It's not because he was a pro wrestler; Brock Lesnar, Ken Shamrock, and many other MMA fighters have been a part of pro wrestling. Pro wrestling is one of if not *the* hardest things to in entertain and sports. It's not about that.

What's embarrassing is the UFC is the no#1 MMA promotion in the world, every athlete there worked years and years to get there. The roster is made up of Olympians, BJJ world champions, NCAA champions, and more. CM Punk has no experience in competitive martial arts, he's only there due to marketability. It brings the whole roster down and makes things look carny. They might as well sign Chris Evans while they're at it. Nate Diaz was candid about this.

Since I know it's bound to come up: Lesnar had decades of amateur wrestling experience and became a NCAA champion before he was brought to the WWE, so that comparison holds no weight.

So yeah, I hope Mickey Gall sends him packing.

Pride is great but you need to make money too so let's do both.

I don't watch UFC much but this makes me want to watch more. I get the argument but acknowledge how this can bring more fans.

I respect Punk for saying fuck it, walking away and staying away. So many of these carnies have the same kinds of grievances with Vince or Hunter but come crawling back when the money dries up. That said, I think his UFC debut is going to be embarrassing, but more power to him.

WWE is largely to blame for pushing that sort of narrative, not just Punk but when people leave for greener pastures in general outside a few exceptions.

i don't blame him at all for walking out on that carny ass company but apparently he's a huge asshole to fans as well

that ain't cool PHIL

I hear he's cool to fans but he's not cool with you getting in his face and trying to ruin his evening in some weird "kayfabe is dead and I'm all in on it" way. The "heyyyyyy Phil" story would make me mad too.

BadAss2961

I respect Punk for saying fuck it, walking away and staying away. So many of these carnies have the same kinds of grievances with Vince or Hunter but come crawling back when the money dries up. That said, I think his UFC debut is going to be embarrassing, but more power to him.
Far too early to think he won't come crawling back.

I really doubt he's had his last run in WWE.

This.

Watching the first episode of the docu-series it's just like... man he's fucked. And he knows he's fucked. But at least he has good intentions.

Babyshams

As much as I want former wrestlers to have success outside of wrestling I hope Punk gets destroyed and embarrassed. I have never liked him at pretty much any stage of his career.

DeathyBoy

Banned
whiny = not wanting to get fucked over by triple h and vince mcmahon anymore

I find it hilarious Punk walked off and then three months later a guy his size who didn't antagonise management beat HHH, Orton and Batista clean in one Wrestlemania.

HHH throwing eternal "fuck you" shade at Punk.

Never watched a UFC show or match, but really want to see Punk's match next weekend. Do all Buffalo Wild Wings show UFC PPVs, or do I need to call my local BWW to see if they're showing it?

Any idea where in the card Punk's match'll be? Do we know if it's the main event, or is it further back? Just trying to figure out about what time that match'll be.

Never watched a UFC show or match, but really want to see Punk's match next weekend. Do all Buffalo Wild Wings show UFC PPVs, or do I need to call my local BWW to see if they're showing it?

Any idea where in the card Punk's match'll be? Do we know if it's the main event, or is it further back? Just trying to figure out about what time that match'll be.

Definitely not main event. His fight is 3rd from last, after Faber.

Hycran

Banned
Tonight is the night
Bright lights, hype crowd
Yeah, we came to throw down

Can't wait to see CM Punk lose. The only thing better would be if he actually won. The Smarks would go ballistic

I don't know if CM Punk is qualified to be in the UFC but its going to be interesting to find out if he is. I'm debating if im going to a bar to watch this or am I going to order it at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom