• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Giuliani told he will not be Sec. of State by Trump team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how he's appointing all his corporate friends into positions of SUPREME POWER in the federal government.

But will then turn around once he's sworn in and do a song and dance for the people these very corporations shit on.

Xe4

Banned
Do you think Trump just didn't answer his phone calls? Like, did he send Giuliani straight to voicemail?
"Yeah, Donald, this is Rudy again, I called earlier. Hey, I wanted to talk with you about the SoS position. Call me back, okay?"

I bet he told him via text. XD

I love how he's appointing all his corporate friends into positions of SUPREME POWER in the federal government.

But will then turn around once he's sworn in and do a song and dance for the people these very corporations shit on.

Trump reminds me a lot of Harding with his cabinet choices, actually. Bet there's going to be a fuckton of scandals uncovered during or after his presidency.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I think the worst news is that Romney isn't on the shortlist anymore.

Yeah according to one person. Every other source still says Romney is in consideration and the Trump team according to the WSJ put Romney ahead of this Exxon CEO anyway.

All that ass kissing and he gets nothing.

ulWY6F5.jpg

Saganator

That Exxon guy has been business buddies with Putin for a while. Sweet.

Has Romney been ruled out? Never thought I'd say this but I really hope Romney gets the Secretary of State job.

nC6i4ue.png

Apathy

Exxon Mobile ceo on the list as a potential candidate for SoS. You can't make this shit up people. This is just garbage fire clown fiesta on a loop.

He should just nominate Vladimir Putin.

He's pretty much going to dictate US foreign policy for the next 4 years anyway.

Why even bother with a puppet filter? Just put the man himself in direct control.

Balphon

Yess! Eat shit mother fucker. I'm so glad.

That just leaves Romney, Corker, Patreus, Manchin (please don't take the spot, Manchin), and... the CEO of Exxon.

(Please be Romney or Corker, please be Romney or Corker, please be Romney or Corker)

Petraeus wouldn't be terrible, though the astounding hypocrisy displayed by even considering him is amusing.

He should just nominate Vladimir Putin.

He's pretty much going to dictate US foreign policy for the next 4 years anyway.

Why even bother with a puppet filter? Just put the man himself in direct control.

Just give Putin an honorary citizenship.

And a Presidential Medal of Freedom to Assange.

Apathy

Yay more CEOs, Trump getting rid of the middle man, he's so honest, now we can get fucked directly.

"Hes a normal blue collar billionaire, he will fight for our rights, hes not bought by wallstreet like every other politician, hes an outsider"

FStop7

Banned
Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie are the two biggest marks in the history of American politics. Fucking rubes got played by a scamster with a bad hairpiece.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm going to be quite honest--I'd probably rather have Giuliani than the CEO of Exxon. Giuliani at least has political experience.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
He doesn't have the temperament, he doesn't have the experience (being the mayor of a city, even a big one, is not foreign policy), and he has bad policy ideas. He brings absolutely nothing to the table. And he's personally scandal-ridden. It's hard to imagine a worse candidate for the position. I would pick a literal random Trump voter over Giuliani as SoS.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You don't know what you are saying.

I do, actually. The CEO of a major energy company having to deal with numerous nations that supply/import our energy is a massive conflict of interest and, at an extreme, dangerous.

I'm going to be quite honest--I'd probably rather have Giuliani than the CEO of Exxon. Giuliani at least has political experience.

Dude, I don't know. Have you seen Giuliani's eyes recently? Like a man possessed.

I'd rather we go broke or suffer 10 foot coastal tides than have a madman catapult us into nuclear war.

I dunno, it's all bad, wtf am I saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom