• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Justice Department is widening investigation into Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/media/fox-news-federal-investigation/

The U.S. Justice Department's investigation of Fox News has widened to include a second law enforcement agency.

Financial crimes experts from the United States Postal Inspection Service are now involved, according to four sources connected to the investigation.

Mail fraud and wire fraud cases are part of the USPIS purview.

Investigators from both the USPIS and the Justice Department have been conducting interviews in recent weeks -- including with some former Fox staffers -- to obtain more information about the network's managers and business practices, the sources said

In February the investigation was reported to be focusing on settlements made with women who alleged sexual harassment by former Fox News boss Roger Ailes, and questions about whether Fox had a duty to inform shareholders about the settlement payments.

The investigators have been asking "how the shareholder money was spent; who knew; and who should have known," one of the sources said.

But, CNNMoney has learned, the settlement payments are not the only thing they are examining.

Investigators have been probing possible misconduct by Fox News personnel and asking questions about the overall environment at the network.

Investigators have also been asking questions about mysterious confidants of Ailes -- people who were known inside Fox as "friends of Roger."

Ailes, through Fox News, employed a number of longtime friends as consultants, for purposes that remain unknown. One of the consultants earned $10,000 a month by submitting a monthly invoice to Fox.

More at the link.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Now THIS is what I wanted to see.

Condom

Fox is entering the no spin zone.

giphy.gif

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I can't wait to dance on the grave of this horrible organization that has led to nothing but constant political strife in my family ever since I can remember. This channel can kick rocks.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I, too, shall gladly dance on the grave of this toxic organization when the time comes. The sooner, the better.

Edit: Burn it to the fucking ground.

It's so weird that this is happening now, with Trump as president.

So weird.

The globlists are panicking and fighting back dirtier than ever. First they come after Alex Jones and now this. Damn them, the illuminati lizard people are winning.

Zophar

While I don't like Fox News and they are probably guilty of a ton of shit, I worry what precedent this will start.

The right wing media needs a good old fashioned witch hunt. Just go scorched earth on them. It's a massive den of sexism, perversion, racism, corporate greed, religious fundamentalism and eventually it'll be another part of Russia's bogus media machine.

ZeoVGM

Banned
While I don't like Fox News and they are probably guilty of a ton of shit, I worry what precedent this will start.

Did you read into the reason why this is happening?

The Justice Department didn't say, "I don't like Fox! Let's investigate them!"

ZeoVGM

Banned
The whole 'friends of Ailes' secret confidants make it sound like some Eyes Wide Shut scenario

It might be.

I now would like you to close your eyes and picture specific scenes from that movie.

Now picture a naked Ailes in those scenes.

You're welcome.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe this is happening through a Trump presidency. If it were through Hillary's or Obama's, people would be shouting political persecution. Bahahaha, this is amazing.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
This is why Hannity is freaking out.

Oh ill have to listen to him now. i love it when he freaks out. The last one was when he had to revoke Cliven Bundys Great American(tm) status because of the ranchers sick racist views. Hannity came on the show, ranted for about 5 minutes about how Conservatives are always branded as racist, then played a rerun lol

Zophar

Did you read into the reason why this is happening?

The Justice Department didn't say, "I don't like Fox! Let's investigate them!"

For sure, it's just a little uneasy to see the Justice Department investigating and piecemeal dismantling a major mainstream news corporation given this administration's axe to grind with journalists.

Edit: ugh, lots of people completing misread what I was thinking about. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom