• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Justice Department is widening investigation into Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't like Fox News and they are probably guilty of a ton of shit, I worry what precedent this will start.

Are you serious? This place has been a hive of sexual harassment, racism, radicalization and misrepresentation of the news and events bordering on fake news, and sometimes actual fake news. I mean, the hell?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
It might be.

I now would like you to close your eyes and picture specific scenes from that movie.

Now picture a naked Ailes in those scenes.

You're welcome.

WTsEMNO.gif

It's kinda weird how Fox news and its associates are finally getting into trouble during the height of Republican dominance.

Regardless though, just keep on failing FN.

For sure, it's just a little uneasy to see the Justice Department investigating and piecemeal dismantling a major mainstream news corporation given this administration's axe to grind with journalists.

Edit: ugh, lots of people completing misread what I was thinking about. My bad.

But that doesn't make sense. Fox News is like borderline propagranda for the right. This administation would love to keep it around.

Lmo911

It's never the obvious repulsive stuff you do, it's always all the stuff you do to cover it up that gets you. You'd think a news station would understand stuff like that.

FStubbs

I can't believe Jeff Sessions' Justice Department is going after Fox.

Fox vs the Trump regime?

LetThemFight.jpg

Armaros

While I don't like Fox News and they are probably guilty of a ton of shit, I worry what precedent this will start.

Are you saying that a republican justice department is investigating Fox News for political reasons to take them down?

Huh? They're a corporation who seems to have done illegal shit. There's no precedent being set.

I keep hearing & seeing this, "I hate X as much as everyone but maybe we should back off". No. I'm not doing it for Trump or his supporters and I'm not doing it for Fox. I'm tired of not holding people accountable to their heinous behavior just because of bullshit optics.

Instro

But that doesn't make sense. Fox News is like borderline propagranda for the right. This administation would love to keep it around.

I think his point is that Trump could use it as an excuse to try and target other news outlets. I don't think that should be considered in all of this though. If Fox deserves to be investigated, which it sounds like it does, then it should be regardless of any potential fallout.

Strike

700.jpg

They're imploding. Probably one of the only good things to come out of a Trump presidency. The shit that right wing media has been peddling for decades has been beyond irresponsible. They're should be laws against that sort of thing.

Wouldn't this just result in fines? Great, nail them for anything illegal they've done. But I'm not going to dance unless it takes them off the air.

Zophar

I think his point is that Trump could use it as an excuse to try and target other news outlets. I don't think that should be considered in all of this though. If Fox deserves to be investigated, which it sounds like it does, then it should be regardless of any potential fallout.

Thank you, yes. And I agree it should happen regardless, too, even if I fear it coming back to burn us in some way.

rjinaz

The Democrats being in power was like their soul. Now that they don't have that boogeyman it's like they are lost and now starting to actually notice important things. "Eh we can shit on women, because Obama. Obama's gone. Now what do we do?! People are actually paying attention now!"

I could see that point I guess if I felt Fox was comparable to most over major news, but I'm not as worried about it

Thank you, yes. And I agree it should happen regardless, too, even if I fear it coming back to burn us in some way.

If Fox has done something illegal (I don't know why Trump would start with the network that praises him most) and there is evidence, then there's no argument. Trump has pulled this shit before; making suggestions about Susan Rice or Obama wiretaps without proof. In the end, evidence still matters and Trump can't just go after news outlets critical of him with their own vast legal resources without something to back it up. If he does it'll peter out like all the rest of his bullshit.

Geist-

You mean the precedent of prosecuting corporations that break the law?

If only all of the major 24 hour news networks were guilty of enough that we never had to deal with their shit ever again.

I know, it would be disorienting if illegal corporate activity actually started getting investigated in this country. My head would just be spinning!

For sure, it's just a little uneasy to see the Justice Department investigating and piecemeal dismantling a major mainstream news corporation given this administration's axe to grind with journalists.

Trump is trying to avoid the law (see his appointments to departments) not risk his only remaining base, 'law & order', on whimsically abusing it.
Besides, there is no other precedent for the shit mountain that is Fox News. That network of terror disappearing would be the best thing for the US in over three decades. Shit, just look up that "did you lose a loved one to conservative media" thread.

Even IF Trump were to go that route, I'm fairly sure to a lot of -now broken- families, taking down Fox News would have been worth it.

Hopefully all this will be for the better and the age of the pundit and the fake will come to an end.

smurfx

get some go again
when you fuck with people's money that is what happens. i doubt they really care about the sexual harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom