• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Justice Department is widening investigation into Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

The Democrats being in power was like their soul. Now that they don't have that boogeyman it's like they are lost and now starting to actually notice important things. "Eh we can shit on women, because Obama. Obama's gone. Now what do we do?! People are actually paying attention now!"

They treated Obama like a substitute teacher.

While I don't like Fox News and they are probably guilty of a ton of shit, I worry what precedent this will start.

If that precedent is corporations actually getting punished for breaking the law, there isn't a single corporation I'd feel terrible for if shit went down with them.

tumblr_mbsr2hrNvR1qhr8kmo1_500.gif

And the turn begins.

I never forgave him after this.

The Democrats being in power was like their soul. Now that they don't have that boogeyman it's like they are lost and now starting to actually notice important things. "Eh we can shit on women, because Obama. Obama's gone. Now what do we do?! People are actually paying attention now!"

The right-wing media outside of the old standards that kept their integrity and tested ideology have descended into brinkmanship with a dangerous expectation for other Conservatives to meet their delusional radicalization...or else.

Therefore, I'm glad they're collapsing without phantom boogiemen to lean on, the whole politician-media-donor-voter construct on the right needs a purge, and without the media part of that whipping the rest into a frenzy makes it much easier.

gaugebozo

This is a pretty amazing development. Who would have thought an organization built on misogyny, racism, and hated for the government would be involved in such things?

So when Fox loses its "credibility," Trump News or Breitbart News will fill the void, right?

Breitbart, in the grand scheme of things, is really nothing. It has a pretty dedicated base and following, but it's not even within the same hemisphere as Fox, or the other TV cable networks. They could maybe try to launch a network, but I don't know where the capital would come from, and even if they managed it, it's not exactly a secret they are a thinly veiled Neo-Nazi rag that spreads literal fake news. It'd be hard to line up advertisers and on-screen talent to continue a 24/7 news network properly.

Apdiddy

What's more concerning for me is Preet Bharara's dismissal and his investigation into FOX news. It makes me wonder if Trump knew about what he was trying to get on Roger Ailes and FOX news and Trump did that to delay/squash the investigation. It makes Trump look very culpable; some of the same people at FOX who dictated coverage of Trump were possibly informed by Trump -- since he has more access as a President -- and Trump agreed to remove Bharara to keep coverage of him favorable and to keep FOX out of the line of fire.

In other words, Trump won't call FOX 'fake news' because FOX will be biased towards him anyway and he'll make sure any investigations into them have roadblocks in place.

The Lamp

If Fox News goes down, Hannity, O'Reilly and the other nuts will just move to Breitbart and drag all their viewers shamelessly into the alt-right and make things worse.

Breitbart, in the grand scheme of things, is really nothing. It has a pretty dedicated base and following, but it's not even within the same hemisphere as Fox, or the other TV cable networks. They could maybe try to launch a network, but I don't know where the capital would come from, and even if they managed it, it's not exactly a secret they are a thinly veiled Neo-Nazi rag that spreads literal fake news. It'd be hard to line up advertisers and on-screen talent to continue a 24/7 news network properly.

Hannity and O'Reilly are wealthy enough to get things chugging along at Breitbart.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If Fox News goes down, Hannity, O'Reilly and the other nuts will just move to Breitbart and drag all their viewers shamelessly into the alt-right and make things worse.

Lets hope they get sued for the inevitable sexual harassment there within a short period time instead of decades.

Hannity and O'Reilly are wealthy enough to get things chugging along at Breitbart.

Hannity and O'Reilly are not wealthy enough to by themselves to get Breitbart up and running as a full TV network. And, again, good luck getting mainstream sponsors and talent to a Neo-Nazi rag gone mainstream.

I mean, Glenn Beck was massive at one point, and he started his own thing. It didn't work out that well, since The Blaze is just chugging along at this point. Fox News made O'Reilly and Hannity, not the other way around.

Derwind

I originally thought all these Fox Network staff (Aires, O'Reilly, Hannity...ect) getting hit was the fire itself but it turns out they were just the lighter fluid for the fiery end of the Network (I hope).

The silver lining to Trump winning the presidency is that a big spotlight is suddenly shining on all of these deplorable organizations and people.

LakeEarth

The silver lining to Trump winning the presidency is that a big spotlight is suddenly shining on all of these deplorable organizations and people.

I once said that winning the Presidency was the worst thing that could happen to Trump, which drew a lot of disagreement. But as these developments continue, I feel like I was only wrong in that I only included Trump in my statement.

Breitbart doesn't have the money to maintain three 15 million a year contracts with these guys and they won't work for free. Breitbart isn't even profitable without the Mercer family subsidize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom