• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Robert Mueller brings on FBI official who oversaw Clinton email investigation

chadskin

Justice Department Special Counsel Robert Mueller has brought on Peter Strzok, a senior FBI official who oversaw the Hillary Clinton email investigation, to help manage his investigation into Russian election meddling, according to two US officials briefed on the matter.

Strzok helped oversee the beginnings of the Russia probe last summer at the FBI.

A spokesman for the special counsel declined to comment.

Strzok joins a team of more than 25 people. That team includes attorneys, FBI employees and support staff, according to Peter Carr, the spokesman for special counsel.

The team has now moved into new office space in southwest DC, about a mile away from Justice Department headquarters. The special counsel's initial office space lacked secure meeting rooms, known as SCIFs, for reviewing classified materials.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/13/politics/peter-strzok-special-counsel-russia-fbi/index.html

Grexeno

Surely they couldn't have been dumb enough to leave evidence of criminal activity in emails.................................oh

RPGCrazied

Damn. Already hired 25 people. Trump is fucked. I bet they find even more dirt on Trump then just the Russia election meddling. They said they would be looking at other things not associated with Russia.

Dredd-gif.gif

Damn. Already hired 25 people. Trump is fucked. I bet they find even more dirt on Trump then just the Russia election meddling. They said they would be looking at other things not associated with Russia.

I cannot imagine being able to sleep at night knowing that 25 people are investigating you - every single day.

Slater

Banned
I cannot imagine being able to sleep at night knowing that 25 people are investigating you - every single day.

25 really fucking competent people against an admin who has a lawyer who cant spell president and is getting blown up on twitter at this very moment

Notice how Trump hasn't been arrested yet? What are Mueller and his supposed dream team even doing? Milking the taxpayer for their hard earned cash I'd imagine. Just hire more "top" guys and throw more money at this fake story! They must REALLY be desperate now right? Right? SAD!

Could've just kept laundering money for the Mafia through his failing business ventures and shady construction projects, but nope, just had to throw it all away on a lark.

At least Tiffany will finally have her revenge.

Mariolee

I just wanna see this fucker go to jail. Impeachment is too good for him. I'm confident Mueller will make this worth the wait.

Primus

The team has now moved into new office space in southwest DC, about a mile away from Justice Department headquarters. The special counsel's initial office space lacked secure meeting rooms, known as SCIFs, for reviewing classified materials.

Now this is the kind of sentence that gets me all tingly.

Strzok joins a team of more than 25 people. That team includes attorneys, FBI employees and support staff, according to Peter Carr, the spokesman for special counsel.

Knowing this I don't think Trump has much to worry about. I actually had a prior run-in with this investigator and he needed the same building, it's pretty standard. Basically I went into a 7-11 and and filled up a Slurpee cup. The clerk was a dick so I walked out without paying.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
i just want to see a photo of trump in handcuffs that some funny person shops to look like hes the wizard of oz witch.

Shauni

I just wanna see this fucker go to jail. Impeachment is too good for him. I'm confident Mueller will make this worth the wait.

Donald Trump will never go to jail. This isn't a cynical thing to say either, it's just not going to be something that will be allowed to happen, just like with Nixon, the nuclear option will be a resignation coupled with a pardon (and yes, he could still be brought up on state charges, but the gravity of convicting a former President will scare off any DA from doing it).

Having said that, over 100 people in Nixon's administration went to jail, over 300 in Reagan's went to jail. So, a lot of people are going to end up in jail.

Donald Trump will never go to jail. This isn't a cynical thing to say either, it's just not going to be something that will be allowed to happen, just like with Nixon, the nuclear option will be a resignation coupled with a pardon (and yes, he could still be brought up on state charges, but the gravity of convicting a former President will scare off any DA from doing it).

Having said that, over 100 people in Nixon's administration went to jail, over 300 in Reagan's went to jail. So, a lot of people are going to end up in jail.

Idk a very motivated one might just because of how awful and norm breaking this presidency has been. Be a good way to set actual boundaries.

Also damn didn't know that re: Reagan. I don't think trump has nominated nearly 100 people tho ha

Shauni

Idk a very motivated one might just because of how awful and norm breaking this presidency has been. Be a good way to set actual boundaries.

Also damn didn't know that re: Reagan. I don't think trump has nominated nearly 100 people tho ha

Oh yeah, Regan's whole administration was corrupt and shady as fuck. His AG if I recall, at one point had two different special investigators put on him before he got jail time. I forget for what

Top Bottom