• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Robert Mueller brings on FBI official who oversaw Clinton email investigation

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I see this a lot... and while I agree that there was a great level of stupidity in this whole thing from the Trump camp the notion that Jr. tweeting the emails was a stupid move is just not how I see it (I realise this is not exactly what you are stating, but this is something I have been wanting to address, so I apoligize for going a bit off the topic your statement is discussiong- i.e. how mindnumbling careless they seem to have been in their contacts with russia). We have to always remember their main concern right now has to be the number of investigations that are taking place. As such, releasing the emails was his ONLY line of action to try and deflect that threat. By releasing the emails the attempt is to write the narrative and do damage control, since they KNOW they where going to surface as part of the investigation. Sure, they could have denied the NY Times or the Post releasing the emails by saying they are fake, but they know well that doesn´t fly with the investigation. In this context its better to face the music and confess to the meeting, and try to advert repercussions. They are of course hoping leaks end here, which I highly doubt.

But the actual tweeting of the emails is far from dumb. They are pretty cunning in doing so actually. It helps them build the best possible counter deffense (the dems are the ones to blame) while stating their desire to be transparent (to condition those supporters with low critical thinking skills willing buy it). In short, they can attempt to frame their wrongdoing on their terms and build on that narrative while deflecting blame.
No, the smart thing to do is lay low and not say shit. They just threw wood on the fire that's burning them.

PBY

Banned
He's now working in HR.

This was not a voluntary move. They iced him, and given his background...

Dude you have to chill with this kind of stuff until there is SOME kind of reporting.

You are hardcore Mensching right now.

DeviantBoi

I wonder how much does Obama know.

From what I read, he was briefed about a lot of stuff and worked to preserve the evidence so that the Trump administration couldn't destroy it.

I'm seriously gonna need a mini-series about the whole thing. A two-hour movie is not enough.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
All those jobs he's creating.

Oh, didn't see he left.

So... is this good, bad, or unclear? I know so little about this individual.

From the outside looking in, it looks like Trumps new FBI director just removed him from Muellers team and out him in HR.....Keep in mind Trump wouldnt have hired a fbi director unless he swore loyalty.

Sephzilla

I'm not gonna lie, given what's going on with the country and world right now I kind of feel impatient and want Mueller to hurry the fuck up. Trump's threatening nuclear war and sympathizing with Nazis

Blizzard

Banned
From the outside looking in, it looks like Trumps new FBI director just removed him from Muellers team and out him in HR.....Keep in mind Trump wouldnt have hired a fbi director unless he swore loyalty.
Didn't the new FBI director explicitly claim he wouldn't swear loyalty to the President? If he secretly did, that's more dirt against him which is a positive thing.

Dude you have to chill with this kind of stuff until there is SOME kind of reporting.

You are hardcore Mensching right now.
I dunno man, it does sound odd for a "top investigator" to go work in friggen Human Resources. It's like the EPA or whatever it was reassigning climate scientists to the accounting department.

Locke562

Lock them both up?

Retroactively investigate Clinton for Russian Uranium and Collusion with Ukraine?
Yeah, the uranium thing was the sale of uranium from a private Canadian company to a Russian one. The uranium remained on U.S. soil. It was only a transfer of ownership.

I'm not gonna lie, given what's going on with the country and world right now I kind of feel impatient and want Mueller to hurry the fuck up. Trump's threatening nuclear war and sympathizing with Nazis
Well in reality, this responsibility and pressure should be on Congress. I can only speculate but I imagine we won't see results of this investigation until early 2018 at the earliest. While we don't know the full extent of this investigation it is likely far reaching. First they have to fully explore how deep Trump and Russians relationship go. Not only having to build strong cases against all of Trump's top people in his admin but, all of the other staff that likely aided illegal activity. Second they have to fully explore all of Trump and co.'s financial and business ties. They have to thoroughly explore all activity and also build cases for those that engaged in illegal activity with Trump. Finally, there is the Russian angle. They likely are fully exploring how entrenched Russia is in our government and political system and building cases against American citizens who cooperated with the Russians interfering in our politics. While we don't know the full extent, I expect the investigation to be a full scale sweep of all things and people associated with Trump and Putin/Russia.

https://twitter.com/natashabertrand/status/897911748992413697

The agent said that the FBI sometimes parks people in HR when it needs to move them away from substantive issues very quickly.

An agent who worked with Pete Strzok told me his move to HR means he's been taken off counterintel work entirely

A couple possibilities were raised in my convos with him and others.

1) Strzok got caught up in OIG's investigation of FBI's Clinton probe

2) Strzok was the one who leaked the news of the FBI's raid on Paul Manafort's home to the Washington Post
3) Chris Wray is cleaning house

Could be good could be bad

Top Bottom