• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cocoon(Annapurna's new game with lead developer of Limbo/Inside) is getting great reviews. 89 on Metacritic.

Played a couple of these 'Recursive' game mechanic games lately.
On PSVR and VR2 The Fishermans Tale
Maquette is currently on Gamepass.
I hope I can take my new big small skills with me to Cocoon.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Thought I might as well give it a go as it's on gamepass...

Damn Microsoft fucked up again, shows as "unavailable" on the store, in the end I had to enable remote play and force it to download remotely through the xbox app.

Never mind it's now asking for a disc... come on Microsoft.

Last edited:

T-Cake

Hmm, doesn't seem to be ready yet. It's listed in the cloud gaming section but trying to launch it just starts the boot and then quits. Not on PC Game Pass app at all.

T-Cake

Available via the Microsoft Store app on Windows. It's frazzling my brain already trying to figure out what to do. No hand holding in this. :D

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game is live on game pass now.

tbJsdPo.jpg

Roberts

Lamplighters League seems like it's coming in a poor state, saw some reviews and the game has a lot of crashes and bad performance.

September has been a pretty good month otherwise.

From what I have seen, day one patch could theoretically solve many of its issues. Let’s see.

Last edited:

twilo99

This game feels very... modern in a sense?

There isn't even a mouse cursor in the menu on PC lol also, it defaults to the arrow keys for movement which I haven't seen in a very long time.. also, make sure to check your resoluton because it defaulted to 1080p for me and I have a 1440p monitor. The option to cap at 60fps in the menu is nice.

T-Cake

It's very intriguing. I was going mad at the two boss battles I've had so far but they are manageable.

I have Gamepass until 2024, but I think I will either buy this on PS5 or Steam

edit: oh wait, it's not on PS5? edit2: apparently it is.

Last edited:

Roberts

Dig it. Insect and sci-fi aesthetic is cool mix. I like how all the puzzles are instantly familiar and understandable despite being very alien in nature.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I refuse to believe you two are serious.

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Many ‘confident’ developers have gone belly up after consumers failed to put their money where their mouth was.

Yeah, I don't know, maybe I'm really just annoyed that green gang is getting this game for "free" and I'm not... 🙂 It seems cool!

Damnit Sony!

I decided against buying it outright on Steam or PS5 and and just downloaded it to try on the GPD Win 4 through Game Pass instead. I'm only 30 minutes in and I would normally by around this point decide to buy it on Steam if I really like the game and play through the game there, but it's feeling kinda mid so far and howlongtobeat says it's just 3.5 hours long, so I think it might be the first game I just complete on Game Pass. Don't see it as a game I need to own, and as I won't be spending hours & hours with it à la Celeste or Dead Cells, this is kinda perfect for something like GP. I hope I don't end up regretting this decision.

T-Cake

I think it’s a cool premise but it doesn’t feel spectacular or anything. Just playing through but can’t say I’m enjoying it like I enjoyed Hollow Knight, for example.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
It was alright... I missed 4 of the moon ancestors but don't think I will bother going back.

Honestly I was not that impressed, very few puzzles stumped me for more than a minute, I had 2 memorable moments that where right next to each other that took some figuring out but otherwise it was smooth sailing.

I mean it was well made, just perhaps not an interesting as I thought it would be.

Last edited:

T-Cake

Got to the second boss battle. Cant beat it.
Game went from a great to a delete and never talk about again.
Deleted.

A shame. It took me about four goes, then the third boss I did without dying. And I'm hopeless at these sort of things. Just reached the fourth boss arena but I will save that for tomorrow.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just like you did for Stray? Oh wait...

Lol, good digging I guess? Don't quite understand what you're trying to say though. I probably would not have bought Stray, but I'm glad I got to play it, really nice little game. And that's pretty much how I feel about this one. If I got it for "free" I would have tried it for sure, as all you GP people get to. But I probably won't buy it.

Last edited:
A shame. It took me about four goes, then the third boss I did without dying. And I'm hopeless at these sort of things. Just reached the fourth boss arena but I will save that for tomorrow.
Maybe I’ll drop my disgruntlement frustration and give it another try.
I need to check the options too see if there is a No boss mode.
I wanted to run around solving puzzles not combat.

I had this same issue with Last case of Benedict Fox. I wanted to solve puzzles and mystery not battle.

I fear that The new Talos Principal is going to have combat.

DaGwaphics

Looks like an imaginative puzzle game, this will be a good change of pace game when I get done with the major Starfield missions.

twilo99

I’ve been using it to take breaks from Starfield and it’s a great game overall. Love the aesthetic and design overall.

Just beat the third boss and I felt like it was actually easier than the second one, but a nice challenge.

near

Gold Member
Is this the OT for this game? I wasn't going to buy this because I promised myself to deal with my incomplete backlog before making any more purchases, but I just couldn't resist this one.

I played for about 2 hours. It's really, really good. So much thought has gone into the level design that it in itself is a puzzle and completely fucks with your head. Art direction is sick, sound design feels tight, and while the gameplay is simple it is also quite brilliant as the level design is so well-thought-out that mechanically it feels like it has so much depth. If you liked Inside and Limbo, you'll love this, it's leaps and bounds a better puzzle game and with the same level of care invested in crafting a world and atmosphere. It's pretty obvious now where the real talent of Playdead is, it isn't there any more nor did the go to Jumpship, they're at Geometric Interactive!

Last edited:

twilo99

Yeah I wish it had touch controls so I can play it on my phone but they haven’t added any on the gamepass version.. I feel like sometimes they get added post launch but not sure

Last edited:

Bridges

Yeah I wish it had touch controls so I can play it on my phone but they haven’t added any on the gamepass version.. I feel like sometimes they get added post launch but not sure
Haven't seen it for awhile but they definitely added touch controls after the fact for certain cloud versions before on Game Pass. I remember it happening with one of the Danganronpa games at least

twilo99

Haven't seen it for awhile but they definitely added touch controls after the fact for certain cloud versions before on Game Pass. I remember it happening with one of the Danganronpa games at least

That’s what I thought but we will see.. I’ll probably be done with it before that happens anyway.

I was just surprised since Psychonauts 2 has them and I think that one has more complex controls

Top Bottom