• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops Wii | Information and Hype Thread [Up: Videos/Impressions Start p.257]

MYE

gamingeek said:
The first two levels look like a PSP game, it looks worse than WaW on Wii

Treyarch is working with the big fishes now. No time for the little white box

gamingeek said:
Oh for f***sake!

What's another free and decent upload site?

This will take another 20 minutes.

I think it should be fine. You might just want to cut the video size and post it on youtube it will be easy for you. Thanks for pictures.

Effect

gamingeek have you played the new GoldenEye? How does Black Ops Wii compare to it if you have?

Edit: reworded the question.

fabprems

Hanmik said:
"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

bigacti.jpg

gamingeek

Effect said:
gamingeek have you played the new GoldenEye? How does it Black Ops Wii compare if you have?

Goldeneye so far sits on Black Ops' head and poops on it.

Other than controls that is.

I just got back from another 20 minutes of Black Ops.

The frame rate was allright mostly but then it chugged briefly when there was some heavy action on screen. The controls are perfect for me, feels great.

The visuals are just bleh at the moment, it reminds me of COD3 Wii. I'm at the end of the first proper level there don't seem to be any effects here, no lighting applied. It just seems fairly flat and the texture quality is muddy and bland.

Got to this point where they want you to make a shot in less than 2 seconds with this artillery. You use the pointer but for some reason it's like trying to walk whilst drunk in GTA4. Which is a shock as the proper controls are excellent. I might have to put artillery fire control mode to stick.

The action level in the game was pretty uninspiring and standard COD, although it did seem a lot easier, I don't know whether Treyarch toned down the difficulty or whether it's because the controls are so much better.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
All I care is about the MP. In MW:R I thought that the game was fairly ugly in SP, but one of the best looking Wii games in MP. If the framerate is as smooth as Reflex then is excellent news for me.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
From that Video, I think they traded graphic fidelity for Framerate. GamingGeek, is the framerate good?

gamingeek

Lonely1 said:
From that Video, I think they traded graphic fidelity for Framerate. GamingGeek, is the framerate good?

Mostly solid so far, but when something big happens it has chugged, but nowhere near Goldeneye level chugging.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Hey Geek:

All you have to do to take decent shots, is be in a dark room where the only light is coming off the screen. Make sure that your flash is turned off, and you'll be fine. It is actually better that you're using a tube, because you'll have better light saturation. The only thing that will suck is the deinterlacing line you'll have on the screen...

gamingeek

I think with these pics and video I have acheived a record in having the absolute worst quality media ever seen. Activision probably has a hitman team outside my door right now. :lol

Mael

gamingeek said:
I think with these pics and video I have acheived a record in having the absolute worst quality media ever seen. Activision probably has a hitman team outside my door right now. :lol

Are you joking? The marketing team is probably taking notes on how to market the next CoD for Wii for next year

luoapp

Mael said:
Are you joking? The marketing team is probably taking notes on how to market the next CoD for Wii for next year

There is a marketing team for this game? Or a counter-marketing team.:lol

scitek

gamingeek said:
Anyhow the controls are great, within 2 minutes I was able to adjust them to a really smooth and accurate level. The ADS is soooo much better and it still has camera lock which is awesome.Also unlike REFLEX you can change it so pick up weapon and camera lock are not on the same button. No more pressing Z to get camera lock and changing weapons instead.

The run move seems slower so far, but I think it's because I was following other in game characters and the game wanted me to be behind them all the time. There is a really gaudy FOLLOW in like yellowish captial letters on top of the guy you are following, really sort of breaks from any kind of realism.

YES! I was pissed off that Goldeneye had this same problem. It makes FPSes on Wii SO much more enjoyable for me when I can lock the screen. Hot shit.

Effect

I'm really interested in seeing what the reviews say about this game now (Wii version). Naturally they'll be comparing it to both Modern Warfare Reflex and now GoldenEye, especially with GoldenEye so fresh in their memories.

gamingeek

Whoa guys, second level in the prison looks great. I may have pre-judged this one. Maybe Treyarch have something against making good looking 1st levels?

I will get you media in a tick.

Ahh, shit, all my pics came out blurry, even with the lights off and the TV brightness reduced by half.

snc00084a.jpg

Sorry guys.

Disguises

Hanmik said:
Gamingeek.. your video has reached some other sites..

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/54959/

haha you are almost famous...
Ah! The memories of Reflex's release come rushing back :D
gamingeek said:
Whoa guys, second level in the prison looks great. I may have pre-judged this one. Maybe Treyarch have something against making good looking 1st levels?
:D. Thanks for all the impressions and media. Much better job than Activision has done.

Hanmik

Gamingeek..

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=274516

you are moving fast.. :lol

Despite being on sale in little under seven hours, the first EVER Call of Duty: Black Ops Wii details have only just arrived.

The first purchaser of the game has posted his initial thoughts - and suggested why there might have been a media blackout on the Wii version.

According to NeoGAF user Gamingeek, who's managed to snag an early copy, the Wii version "looks like a PSP game'.

He doesn't sound happy at all...

"I trusted that Treyarch would continue the good work and improve upon their work on the COD4 port. But no," he posted. "The first two levels look like a PSP game, it looks worse than WaW on Wii."

You can make your own mind up. Here's his own footage

gamingeek

So you wake up in a prison and fight your way out with a bunch of friends and a cool familiar character you all know from World at War.

Visually what pops about the level is that there are some fire effects and colour contrast so you have dark blues and greys constrasting with bright yellow fire and there are tons of on screen characters. You have a machete type weapon and you are hacking people to death using D-pad down button. Frame rate was solid too.

I guess the level looked better because it begins underground so you don't see the textures in the cold light of day. Either way it looks great, this is the treyarch I know.

fabprems

Lonely1 said:
Lol, that article headline. See what you have done, Gamingeek?
He has done what Activision didn't : publicity for the game...
If Activision is not happy, next time they should maybe show the game before it come out

Mael said:
watch the media NOT making a follow up on the game and how the 2nd level is not a crapfest....
ATVI's marketing team must be delighted.
They won't, because "hey guys the next levels actually look pretty good" don't pull the headlines that a more inflammatory story will. It's a little unfortunate gaminggeek didn't get to play more stages before posting impressions, but it's not his fault.

Mael

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
They won't, because "hey guys the next levels actually look pretty good" don't pull the headlines that a more inflammatory story will. It's a little unfortunate gaminggeek didn't get to play more stages before posting impressions, but it's not his fault.

Well yeah that's the point :lol
If anything ATVI's marketing team is actually studying and thinking what they could do to fuck it up even more for next year.
I mean they leaked crappy pics last year and this year showed nothing....
Next year they'll probably won't even list it before it being on sale?

MechDX

gamingeek said:
Oh hells no, they quoted me? Now I sound like an asshole.
facepalm.jpg

I clicked this thread instead of the other but this one is MUCH more entertaining.:lol

Just wait for someone named Kotick4:20 to come in here and ask what your contribution to society is.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Mael said:
Well yeah that's the point :lol
If anything ATVI's marketing team is actually studying and thinking what they could do to fuck it up even more for next year.
I mean they leaked crappy pics last year and this year showed nothing....
Next year they'll probably won't even list it before it being on sale?
Well they are testing pulling the game at the last minute in europe. If it is successful, they may pull the game worldwide next year.

gamingeek said:
Oh hells no, they quoted me? Now I sound like an asshole.
facepalm.jpg

Congratulations, your about to hit the front page of N4g. :lol

That's gaming journalism for you. They couldn't even be bothered to fix up the fucking video container in that thing.

madmook

Thread title should be changed to "Wii/PSP Edition" lolz.

Anyways, how are Classic Controller Pro (dual analog) controls, if you've tried them?

wazoo

Funny to think that this game has no coverage at all. Considering each COD on Wii sold more than 1M copies, this is quite frightening. Take any ps3 game that sold over 1M copies and imagine how the marketing would be for the sequel. Here we have the 4th game in a row, a potential 1M copies, and Activision does not care.

Same comment would also apply with any next gen down port anyway (like Fifa on Wii).

Top Bottom